HWBOT Community Forums
FireKillerGR

Windows XP on ASUS Z390 Motherboards (and others)

32 minutes ago, Digg_de said:

Sry my bad.. i restore the Image again and now it works. :)

edit:  Oh man i am not really concentrated this evening.. at second try i've choose the wrong image (barbonets xp).. thats why it works...

my image is barbonenet xp z270 modded :)

Edited by antome

On 11/7/2019 at 3:56 AM, GtiJason said:

I thought most benchers knew this has been possible for a while now. Here is the "0094" bios I modded to work on M9A XP w/ HT back in 2018

Creative.ROM 16 MB · 7 downloads

Thanks, I didn't know that, but I've sat last months under the rock, so you know...

Update - it doesn't support 9100f :(

Edited by phobosq

guys you can run all the usb ports of the XI gene / apex on xp, 

for asmedia and intel 3.0,3.1 this drivers

any problem-free device will be personally tested ;)

allusb-Xp-Z390.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2019 at 3:35 PM, phobosq said:

Thanks, I didn't know that, but I've sat last months under the rock, so you know...

Yeah, this was pre CFL Refresh⁴. I'll check if I have newer one or try to make one for you when I can get to it

Thanks for the guide, did the update V2 on z390 gene with 32 bit xp and works quite well with 32m...will do xp64 soon for 3D 01

• Like 2

On 11/15/2019 at 3:35 PM, phobosq said:

On 11/8/2019 at 11:58 PM, aerotracks said:

Z390 Dark OS modded with Z390 ASUS files makes XP work on X299 Dark 

AH! This is exactly what I needed lol. Was in the thread to make XP work on M11 and got X299 DARK solution as well! Thank you everyone for the knowledge!

On 11/27/2019 at 4:24 PM, sabishiihito said:

Anyone managed to make an Acronis image for us lazy folk? 🤣

Download - Windows Xp x32 Z390 spi edition Asmedia usb, whit only asmedia usb driver (the two above the hdmi port)

Download - Windows Xp x32 Z390 spi edition all usb, whit Asmedia and Intel usb driver, all usb port working

ps: you'll probably have to connect a ps2 mouse initially to confirm the installation of the new hardware on Xp at the first boot, the images work safely on the Z390 XI Gene, Z390 XI Apex and Z270 IX Apex boards on other motherboards you have to try

test spi32 5g 😎

5m52-469.jpg

Edited by antome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/27/2019 at 6:53 PM, antome said:

Download - Windows Xp x32 Z390 spi edition Asmedia usb, whit only asmedia usb driver (the two above the hdmi port)

Download - Windows Xp x32 Z390 spi edition all usb, whit Asmedia and Intel usb driver, all usb port working

ps: you'll probably have to connect a ps2 mouse initially to confirm the installation of the new hardware on Xp at the first boot, the images work safely on the Z390 XI Gene, Z390 XI Apex and Z270 IX Apex boards on other motherboards you have to try

test spi32 5g 😎

5m52-469.jpg

hi guys, has anyone managed to get xp x64 to work properly?  To me it starts only in safe mode, in normal mode I get a nice blue screen

IMG-20191203-213537.jpg IMG-20191203-213307.jpg 
in normal mode i get this error
IMG-20191203-213129.jpg

Edited by antome

For whatever reason, XP install that works on Asus and EVGA Z390 isn't working on Asrock ITX Phantom-AC.  Gives the usual ACPI complaint BSOD.  I wonder if there's something special about the Asrock BIOS?