Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
yosarianilives

Proposal: Change the time of year for Country Cup 2020

Change Time for Country Cup 2020  

35 members have voted

  1. 1. What part of the year should country cup 2020 be?

    • Quarter 1 2020 (Jan-March)
    • Quarter 2 2020 (April-Jun)
    • Quarter 3 2020 (July-September)
    • Quarter 4 2020 (October-December, current comp time)


Recommended Posts

I think that everyone would agree that the current comp time is tough for many due to all the holidays in November/December so I propose that for Country Cup 2020 we move when it is to a different part of the year. I know the current Country Cup isn't even over but depending when people would like it to be moved to we may need to start the discussion now. Anyways poll is what time of year you think it should be, currently q4 is a bit hectic so I'd like to see it in q2 or q3.

Edited by yosarianilives
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is all a matter of timing and proper planning...  I benched in the evenings... Each evening during 5 weeks. Anyhow where do you want to put team cup then or Gskill or Galax competitions? There will always be pros and cons for any proposed date

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

It is all a matter of timing and proper planning...  I benched in the evenings... Each evening during 5 weeks. Anyhow where do you want to put team cup then or Gskill or Galax competitions? There will always be pros and cons for any proposed date

I'm open to suggesting different times for all comps, I just figured we should see when the community would like comps. Personally I would like Country Cup to run during the July-August time frame but that's only because the US has a bench meet then. If we want to move it up and not have to move TC then would need to be earlier like somewhere in Apr-Jun.

Honestly perhaps the comps should stay right where they are, it could be I'm the only one who wants to see it move but I'm fairly certain I see several people bitch about when the comp is after it's started the past few years which is counterproductive IMHO. If you want something changed about a comp don't wait until it's too late for change to ask for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind the current format, only thing I could possibly see if moving CC to Jan/Feb, but I'm not sure if another comp takes place there.

 

Would allow a bit of a break during the holidays, but again I'm fine with whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imagine if poll option 1 wins, so we host  another Country Cup in January 😛

Only thing we can do is to reduce the challengers to e.g. a few weeks less so everyone can have a break once in a while....

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

imagine if poll option 1 wins, so we host  another Country Cup in January 😛

Only thing we can do is to reduce the challengers to e.g. a few weeks less so everyone can have a break once in a while....

 

I mean two options at that point, back to back cc or skip a year, both transition suck. Lucoit seems status quo wins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its been going for years as it is, everyone was happy with it, its time and how it sits with other comps, whats the big push now for ??, oh let me guess , ahh .......its yosariianilives again , whinghing about something else......again !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ozzie said:

its been going for years as it is, everyone was happy with it, its time and how it sits with other comps, whats the big push now for ??, oh let me guess , ahh .......its yosariianilives again , whinghing about something else......again !!!

Definitely not everyone is happy, read through the threads plenty bitching about the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even moving TC and CC two weeks earlier would be a great help - it always feel silly to bench around Christmas when there are bigger things to worry about 🙁

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, just 2 weeks change could make it a whole lot more convenient. That or 2 weeks longer and a mid/late december background change to make sandbagging harder :P 

Edited by ground1556
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

Even moving TC and CC two weeks earlier would be a great help - it always feel silly to bench around Christmas when there are bigger things to worry about 🙁

This year I only have two days to bench because of finals then I go to visit my family so two weeks earlier would be amazing next year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is a discussion to be had about this, but I'm too busy benching to have it right now.  Can we revisit this in maybe February?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mickulty said:

I think there is a discussion to be had about this, but I'm too busy benching to have it right now.  Can we revisit this in maybe February?

Just revive it then lol, I think we're far from a decision being made. Just seems more productive to plan comps a year in advance rather than wait until after they start to start bitching. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just to put things into perspective it looks like far and away people want it to stay in q4 as out of the roughly 30 people to vote 15 voted for q4, however another way to look at that number is only half want it to stay in q4 and just as many people want it to be in not q4. If we look at the data for people that don't want it in q4 then it seems to be split between q1 2020 (turn around and have another CC right after CC2019 ends, LOL) or in Q3 (requires moving Team Cup 2020). If we take the mods out of the vote for q4 then it's actually a decent percentage more people who don't want it in q4 than who do.

Edited by yosarianilives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ground1556 said:

more like a vote for moving it around 2 weeks would be nice. 

That is something that can be voted on, my basic poll started cause lots of people seemed unhappy with q4 in general and I can't vouch for holidays in other countries but in the US November and December are basically non holiday based vacation black zones for most people because of Thanksgiving and Christmas, which means typically no benchmeets even when there have been attempts to plan them. Plus people are almost always busy spending time with family even on the weekends so most people have little to no time to bench. Anyone that's still in school has finals during this time as well so even the younger people with less family tend to be swamped. The main problem is currently to move CC would almost certainly mean moving another comp as well, which personally wouldn't matter to me as I only care about team competitions, however I think that many people enjoy other comps like challenger, etc so would be good not to fuck them over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My look at the poll, Country Cup remains unchanged it will be Q4 in 2020... Too bad maybe some  of them unhappy people didn't vote. Majority wins, this aint politics

Anyway if we cut the challengers by one week we can move around a tiny bit to have it easily completed before Xmas

 

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

My look at the poll, Country Cup remains unchanged it will be Q4 in 2020... Too bad maybe some  of them unhappy people didn't vote. Majority wins, this aint politics

Anyway if we cut the challengers by one week we can move around a tiny bit to have it easily completed before Xmas

 

How can you say majority vote? Its 13 to 12 against q4 if you don't count mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...