HWBOT Community Forums

R9 290 XOC Issues......

keeph8n

I have recently gotten into doing R9 290/290X 3D benching and have run into a couple of issues.

I have a couple of Sapphire Tri-X OC 290s that are able to run 1300/1600 on water, but AB/ABX/Trixx will not allow me to set higher than 1300 on the core. Memory can go up to 1645 iirc.

I have not tried BIOS flashing as of yet, or tried to unlock cores as I was hoping to get the software side of things solved first. I have a DICE/LN2 session coming up after Christmas and I'd love to be able to push these cards past 1300/1600 and do some benching.

I have heard that there may be a way to modify the BIOS to push past the limit that AB/ABX/Trixx set, but I have not done this as I'm not sure what to modify in the BIOS and don't want to screw anything up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keeph8n said:

I have recently gotten into doing R9 290/290X 3D benching and have run into a couple of issues.

I have a couple of Sapphire Tri-X OC 290s that are able to run 1300/1600 on water, but AB/ABX/Trixx will not allow me to set higher than 1300 on the core. Memory can go up to 1645 iirc.

After you set 1300 in trixx does the slider extend? In my experience that's how trixx was working on tahiti for me. ie; there's a max you can set but once you set it there's a higher max.

3 hours ago, macsbeach98 said:

After setting 1300 in trixx try closing it and reopening it and it should be able to go more.

If it wont use an earlier version like 4.8.2 definitely does that.

Also HWBot Afterburner does the same thing but the date has to be set 2015 or earlier.

I’ll give that a shot. Thanks!