HWBOT Community Forums
ADVenturePO

Is Enthusiast League still any fun?

Thank You :)

I was more referring to 25 or 50 points for have the fastest Air Cooled, AIO, Ect, Ect i7 8700k/8086k in SuperPi, PiFast, CB-11.5/15/20. Currently It's (Here's a Cookie) a thank you for your submission BUT being 1st with the lowest score does not count (He He/Ha Ha). The hard part is making sure that each category stays within X c/f temp.

3 hours ago, MaddMutt said:

Thank You :)

I was more referring to 25 or 50 points for have the fastest Air Cooled, AIO, Ect, Ect i7 8700k/8086k in SuperPi, PiFast, CB-11.5/15/20. Currently It's (Here's a Cookie) a thank you for your submission BUT being 1st with the lowest score does not count (He He/Ha Ha). The hard part is making sure that each category stays within X c/f temp.

That will cause even more cheating than there currently is right now. I could sub my cascade as dice or SS and have it is the next room and then have another system "running" for video proof and it would be almost impossible to tell. Unless the mods are going to be flying out to watch every bench session having cooling categories based points is not a good idea. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mythical tech said:

That will cause even more cheating than there currently is right now. I could sub my cascade as dice or SS and have it is the next room and then have another system "running" for video proof and it would be almost impossible to tell. Unless the mods are going to be flying out to watch every bench session having cooling categories based points is not a good idea. 

This enthusiast league is a joke Imho because few bad apples spoil the batch. Before moving up to apprentice I considered trying to get 1st in enthusiast and scrapped that idea because somebody could just cheat their cooling and be impossible to prove. 

• Thanks 1

It is always a few that spoil it for all the rest.... no matter how many categories, rules one imposes...

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

It is always a few that spoil it for all the rest.... no matter how many categories, rules one imposes...

My vote is still to fly you out to each and every bench session 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NATA 58 said:

5700-5800 GHz mmmmm

?

Why would an enthusiast score be in the top 20 for a singlethreaded 2D benchmark, that doesn't make any sense.

Posted (edited)
it makes no sense that an. entthusiast compete with ln2

Edited by NATA 58

You can choose the cooling if you want to only check enthusiast scores. Just select the cooling at the top of the table as shown above.

If you're wanting seperate points pools then I'd anybody thinks people cheating with their cooling is bad now it would become 100 times worse in my opinion.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

How 'bout we not use those inflated numbers anymore.

Use only active members.

Let's get a real snapshot of how the leagues stand up. That includes the team league.

Edited by Mr.Scott

5 minutes ago, Noxinite said:

I'm not sure there is a seasonal ranking for teams Mr Scott?

There isn't. But that's ok.

Still would like to see teams ranked using only active members.

18 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

There isn't. But that's ok.

Still would like to see teams ranked using only active members.

Wouldn't that involve shifting team points from the inactive members to the active members (where appropriate) to make it representative?

5 hours ago, Noxinite said:

Wouldn't that involve shifting team points from the inactive members to the active members (where appropriate) to make it representative?

It's a fair point, that sounds like a lot of coding a server workload troubles that probably wouldn't make it worth it.

We could just simplify things and simply not include inactive members and keep the points where they are, or alternatively a seasonal ranking for teams seems like a better idea honestly. If activity is the main concern then nothing really shows how active you are better than the seasonal rankings.

Truth be told there is no perfect system although an active team member leaderboard does make things more interesting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Noxinite said:

Yes, but you're probably right. Way too much load on the server to make it worth it.