HWBOT Community Forums

TR 3990X

cbjaust

6 hours ago, keeph8n said:

Plenty of benchmarks support the thread count

Yeah your right with that but thats not the point. Even though we have plenty of bm which scale with core count most of them  arent made for that high cc and finished within seconds. 3970x finishes r20 within 25 seconds... 3950x finishes r15 in 5sec. (depending on frequency)   I think it would be more appealing to have benchmarks which take just like superPi or gpuPi more time. Think about for which cc r15 was designed and how long it took to finish an r15 back then with a 7740x... Which was at that time  considerd a high end cpu... 

7 hours ago, der8urner said:

Yeah your right with that but thats not the point. Even though we have plenty of bm which scale with core count most of them  arent made for that high cc and finished within seconds. 3970x finishes r20 within 25 seconds... 3950x finishes r15 in 5sec. (depending on frequency)   I think it would be more appealing to have benchmarks which take just like superPi or gpuPi more time. Think about for which cc r15 was designed and how long it took to finish an r15 back then with a 7740x... Which was at that time  considerd a high end cpu... 

You fool no one, Roman!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Run GB3 and after you wait and wait and wait for dj to pass, only then to get slayed by my boy ray then only then can you wish this one would finish quicker :D

. . . but the best is the red X upon opening BM, nothing better than waiting 2+ minutes for a worthless run and that's if you even pass running the gauntlet.

Edited by l0ud_sil3nc3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The red X is due to the many threads using a lot of timer calls during Geekbench, which had the possibility to colide inside BM's kernel driver and produce a skew error, which will ultimately get blocked. This has been already fixed of course, but not in BenchMate 0.9.3.

This is exactly what happens when I'm not allowed to support Geekbench with the latest BenchMate versions. People go back using old versions with bugs that have already been fixed, mixing up BenchMate versions that leave artifacts due to crashing and inevitably fuck the installation up (unless you know what you are doing and remove the BenchMate services manually). Worst case scenarios that all fall back to BenchMate, exactly as I predicted.

Geekbench needs to either allow the integration or lose its points. This is not fun for anyone of us.

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, _mat_ said:

The red X is due to the many threads using a lot of timer calls during Geekbench, which had the possibility to colide inside BM's kernel driver and produce a skew error, which will ultimately get blocked. This has been already fixed of course, but not in BenchMate 0.9.3.

This is exactly what happens when I'm not allowed to support Geekbench with the latest BenchMate versions. People go back using old versions with bugs that have already been fixed, mixing up BenchMate versions that leave artifacts due to crashing and inevitably fuck the installation up (unless you know what you are doing and remove the BenchMate services manually). Worst case scenarios that all fall back to BenchMate, exactly as I predicted.

Geekbench needs to either allow the integration or lose its points. This is not fun for anyone of us.

I completely understand that this is not a BM problem mat, it's a GB problem and due to the nature of Primate Labs not wanting to cooperate the only thing to do is ditch GB from all point rankings. I also never install multiple versions on the same system since you've mentioned early on this will lead to a bad time lol.

The only issue I have ever had with BM is a hardware detection issue with super old vga cards and the solution is simple. . . change the vga :)

Looking forward to v11 keep up the good work man.

22 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Or it keeps hwpoints as it's quite a popular bench, or it stays but isn't allowed to be run on win8/10, or maybe other options, no need to be so dramatic.

Get rid of globals and hwpoints and we will see how popular it really is :D

4 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

GB will only keep hwpoints but that's it.... more than enough drama, no need to stir it up once more... changes changes changes

JKamrpl.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

GB will only keep hwpoints but that's it.... more than enough drama, no need to stir it up once more... changes changes changes

Eventually you will remove all tweakable benchmarks and let the click and run max freq wins only.

It is not the first time you remove points for people that worked hard for them, i don't mean you Alby but hwbot. Why do you remove geekbench3 and not make a poll and vote for example. 

Also, has anyone else from hwbot beside _mat_ tried to reach geekbench developers? Every problem can be fixed with the right words, maybe he needs a little bit of tickling to make him cooperate lol. I'm just saying

• Thanks 2

• Members
24 minutes ago, l0ud_sil3nc3 said:

Get rid of globals and hwpoints and we will see how popular it really is :D

Well yeah that applies to all benches really, but I was also meaning that I think people like the bench. Certainly true for myself, compared to others that also offer globals etc, I prefer gb :)

Also of course, remember there's nothing forcing you guys to bench it if you don't like it :)

I am one of the members that has invested lot of time in Geekbench 3 and 4.

Possibly my opinion is not of high importance - I am an amateur bencher on DICE.

One point that impresses the most is that top binners selling cpu's and mem sets, use Geekbench 3 to show to potential buyers what their HW can do ( especially memory sets ).

Personally, two top sets that I have purchased from Michael ( @websmile ), one Galax HOF 2018 A1 and one G.Skill A2, were basically advertised using Geekbench 3. 

I have also paid for licences for all Geekbench benchmarks.

I have no reason at all to interfere with _mat_'s work or Mr.Poole. I suppose I can see and understand both sides.

Still, it is pretty annoying to remove global or HW points, when such popularity exists.

Finally, is the final target of Benchmate to reach a point where, as @Alex@ro said, we "click and run " ? - ALL benchmarks.

Pretty demotivating to say the least.

Benchmate to replace or minimize moderators work ?

Not my taste unfortunately 

Just my 2 cents folks.

• Like 1