HWBOT Community Forums

The official Challenger 2020 Division II round 1 - 8 cores only thread.

jiccman1965

5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Without maxmem? 

6 hours ago, jiccman1965 said:

Bit hard to run this bench unless you have a mass amount of ram tried to run with 32gig said it was not enought.

Ycruncher 10b uses over 40gb of ram, so on most platforms you need to use a 64gb kit, 48gb of ram is probably the minimum. If you don't have enough ram you can configure it to use disk either through a page file or the better way swap mode. http://www.numberworld.org/y-cruncher/guides/swapmode.html

The nice thing about swap mode is you don't need to configure a proper raid, just point it to the drives you want to use and it will do its own sort of raid without needing to overwrite other data you might have on your drives. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

well let's do a small calculation on that one:

Y-cruncher says it finished at 14 past the hour

Your screenshot is made at 30 past the hour and HWinfo was running for 10 minutes, so I suppose HWinfo was NOT running during the run as you fired it up at 20 past the hour correct ?

That's weird, since I usually set the windows like you see in the screenshot and I do the runs only after that, but if the issue is this, no problem, the bios profile is saved and I'm sure that I can replicate it, or even get it better since i was 60mhz lower than the limit, not that the frequency matters much here, it's all on the ram tuning. 

Who said anything about cheating? Running or not running hwinfo isn't going to change your scores. Leeg is making sure you follow the rules. A runner who has a false start of the line isn't cheating. Too many false starts and they will get disqualified. The fact that you are claiming to never cheat is by far a much more suspicious item of interest than if you ran hwinfo after the benchmark rather than before...

Well guys, I gave it my all but can't solve the the puzzle behind a couple of these benchmarks. Still got lots to learn but by far the best part of this competition was getting my hands dirty with a new platform (AMD) and by the looks of how things are going in CPU land it looks like there will be lots of AMD in my future, too :-)

Congrats guys ! I want to thank for the work for all Hwbot staff and also all of You guys to been part of this nice round !

Had good time and had fun with some pretty new benchmarks for me. Thank You once and see You in the next round ! ;) 

Edited by Alpi

• 2 weeks later...