HWBOT Community Forums

HWBot Team Cup design thread 2020

Leeghoofd

• Crew
3 hours ago, superpatodonaldo said:

some questions:

X265 1080P why DDR4 and DDR3 need 3 score?  Should be easy for most teams to find a buddy with a DDR3/4 setup to do a run

UHB ddr2: 1 videocard, 2 core = dualgpu?  Yes

wPrime 1024m DDR2 1 processor AM2: only 1 core?  Yes

Thx DaQueteness for another piece of art

TC2020.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Anyone else that can't get the AM3 wrapper  to work for the DDR Geforce 2 stage ?

AM3 wrapper dosn't work with anything older than geforce FX and maybe Geforce 4 Ti (didn't test those) , Confirmed not working from my side are: geforce2, geforce3 and geforce4 MX...

You can easily see that there's not a single sub using the wrapper with those old cards even though the 3d mark records have been set more recently on many the AM3 haven't changed since you need wrapper.

• Thanks 1

My 2cents. This team cup has great amount of variety of challenges for DDR types which is great. But the amount of restrictions on CPU platforms/core count included and in combination with that GPUs is simply mind boggling. It alienates just about anyone except the 0.1% in HWbot. Ofcourse i can always take part in the Laptop DDR4 category. Then that teamcup is done and yes one submission on an X99 platform also. I think this is reflective of the amount of participation there seems to be, a few scattered subs her and there . This should not be called a team cup but the "obscure old farts remembering the old days cup" ;-) (mind you im not that young but this is too narrow.) 

• Crew

Thank you for that ahum constructive input. Now if you read up , the ones that casted a vote required different hardware specs all over the place... Anyway adding inputs after it launched have no added value. Team Cup  always has been a gathering for hoarders, so it sports all sorts of hardware, CPUs, GPUs, Mobos & memory types... Ebay and other 2nd hand fora are your best friend for this compo...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2020 at 9:49 PM, zeropluszero said:

How about no

Oh, as if you're going to bother with teamcup anyway.

From what I've heard, the best contribution you'll make will be to the local bottle shop's profits before passing out under the nearest table. :D

• Crew
6 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

For the 3dmark graphics only stages is it allowed to run just the graphics tests or do we have to run all tests? 

depends on what is required:

• if no or a verification link is required, graphic subtest only need to be run
  • if a VALID verification link is required at FM/UL website, you will need to run the entire benchmark (otherwise it will never be valid at FM/UL website)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...