HWBOT Community Forums

HWBot Team Cup design thread 2020

Leeghoofd

2 hours ago, ObscureParadox said:

Could also say just Pentium 4 DDR2? That way it if anyone wants to use a 478 to 775 adapter they're more than welcome to. It wouldn't be as competitive but it's opens up the options a bit  :)

Yeah I think that's sensible.  I'm a big fan of there being plenty of options, same as how AMD+DDR1+AGP implies you could run a Duron and that's fine.  Simpler rules, more people can enter, people can make silly subs for fun, doesn't mess with the 'meta'.

Probably a good idea to ban Xeons though because otherwise it'll turn into an all-Dempsey competition.  So the stipulations would be:

• DDR2 only
  • CPUs from the Netburst (Pentium 4, 65nm), Netburst (Pentium 4, 90nm), Netburst (Pentium 4, 130nm) and Netburst (Pentium 4, 180nm) families
  • No Xeons
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ground1556 said:

775, no intel chipsets, 9x multiplier, Geekbench 3 Singlecore (or any other bench thats somewhat mem related) and ddr2

Restrict it to single channel as well so i can be competitive with my half-broken Fatality F-I90HD rather than having to use an nvidia board ?

I hate this suggestion but only on an emotional level, not a logical one, which I think means it's actually a good idea.  I'm suspicious that it comes 2 hours after I posted a garbage refclk sub with a comment complaining about my new nvidia board though...

• 2 weeks later...

Couple stage ideas:

ddr3 - hwbot prime 30m lga 1155

ddr3 - system stability tester 32m pi - per core fm2 and am3+

ddr3 - amd 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 core ycruncher 1b

ddr2 - ycruncher 25m per core

ddr2 - mathbench

ddr1 - speedsys

ddr1 - test cpu

ddr4 - ycruncher 10b per core

misc - pcmark android

Would be nice to see some benches that don't get any love have stages. If there's any reason that we don't see these benches normally (ie; blackhole is a slot machine) would be interested to know as I don't have the history myself.

• 2 months later...

what ever is decided doesnt really matter what benches , theyre always good well put together benches for comps, great competiton from countries from all over the world, good blokes in it,  and the mods always do a great job with it, the teams cup is the best comp bot has ever run IMO, year after year , i missed the last one hopefully not this one, ddr4 boards i think it should be a board that most of the ddr4 boys have got or can get quite easily for the comp, of course theres a difference between the LN2 board and non LN2 boards in ddr4 which i think is something to be considered in whatever stages chosen for the ddr4 section

there is a question id like to ask also , now that bot has been taken over has the system/data base  been fixed or addressed  for results, ??? year after year weve had this issues of the data base not being able to keep up and compute scores for teams correctly, regardless of what comp, will it be the same this year and is the the OC-ESPORTS link fixed to follow it, that has been a problem in past years ,personally i find it easier and much more easier to follow than the home page on bot to follow and navigate to for the comp/s

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

i would suggest b4 any more comps go ahead that bot gets the site sorted out "properly" this time, long long overdue, or do we need another revision implemented? like the last 4 or so that we had to have that did bugger all except create more confusion on top of the already confusion , and it isnt bots mods fault, they do a great job with what they get given, if it were me id be paying someone like matt thats doing benchmate to go thru it and fix it "once and for all", coz otherwise i can see the same sort of stuff of the past happening again

• Crew

We will need to continue the fight or struggle as I like to call it, to work with what we have. I'm expecting slow but positive changes in the upcoming months. The programmers (old and new) had a solid meeting how this beast ticks. I honestly had no clue what they were talking about but it was clear that urgent updates to the code need to be implemented asap and a dedicated follow up is mandatory. A test server has been created already to see how the engine reacts to new or optimized code. 

But I'd rather not want it to be a rush job. These competition and submission boints need to be spot on and not like now, hit and miss. Sadly many lack the patience to wait for it... And think changes happen over nite... 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, ground1556 said:

6x multiplier ddr2 or ddr3 Geekbench 3 Multicore (no multi CPU)

I like this stage cause it implies that you can run amd and that'd be perfectly fine even if you wouldn't do very well. Make it ddr2 though, I don't want to have to source big chips on lga 2011, pretty sure ivy has enough ipc+cores that even at 600 mhz it'd win let alone with bclk and straps

Edited by yosarianilives

1 hour ago, yosarianilives said:

I like this stage cause it implies that you can run amd and that'd be perfectly fine even if you wouldn't do very well. Make it ddr2 though, I don't want to have to source big chips on lga 2011, pretty sure ivy has enough ipc+cores that even at 600 mhz it'd win let alone with bclk and straps

no 6x multi available on modern stuff as far as I know. Starting at 8x...