HWBOT Community Forums
Leeghoofd

HWBot Team Cup design thread 2020

Could also say just Pentium 4 DDR2? That way it if anyone wants to use a 478 to 775 adapter they're more than welcome to. It wouldn't be as competitive but it's opens up the options a bit  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ObscureParadox said:

Could also say just Pentium 4 DDR2? That way it if anyone wants to use a 478 to 775 adapter they're more than welcome to. It wouldn't be as competitive but it's opens up the options a bit  :)

Yeah I think that's sensible.  I'm a big fan of there being plenty of options, same as how AMD+DDR1+AGP implies you could run a Duron and that's fine.  Simpler rules, more people can enter, people can make silly subs for fun, doesn't mess with the 'meta'.

Probably a good idea to ban Xeons though because otherwise it'll turn into an all-Dempsey competition.  So the stipulations would be:

• DDR2 only
  • CPUs from the Netburst (Pentium 4, 65nm), Netburst (Pentium 4, 90nm), Netburst (Pentium 4, 130nm) and Netburst (Pentium 4, 180nm) families
  • No Xeons

775, no intel chipsets, 9x multiplier, Geekbench 3 Singlecore (or any other bench thats somewhat mem related) and ddr2

Edited by ground1556

13 minutes ago, ground1556 said:

775, no intel chipsets, 9x multiplier, Geekbench 3 Singlecore (or any other bench thats somewhat mem related)

Some people just want to watch the world burn

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

Some people just want to watch the world burn

55 minutes ago, ground1556 said:

775, no intel chipsets, 9x multiplier, Geekbench 3 Singlecore (or any other bench thats somewhat mem related)

I too like having to bin boards for working status, not binning for mhz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ground1556 said:

775, no intel chipsets, 9x multiplier, Geekbench 3 Singlecore (or any other bench thats somewhat mem related) and ddr2

Restrict it to single channel as well so i can be competitive with my half-broken Fatality F-I90HD rather than having to use an nvidia board 🤣

I hate this suggestion but only on an emotional level, not a logical one, which I think means it's actually a good idea.  I'm suspicious that it comes 2 hours after I posted a garbage refclk sub with a comment complaining about my new nvidia board though...

Couple stage ideas:

ddr3 - hwbot prime 30m lga 1155

ddr3 - system stability tester 32m pi - per core fm2 and am3+

ddr3 - amd 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 core ycruncher 1b

ddr2 - ycruncher 25m per core

ddr2 - mathbench

ddr1 - speedsys

ddr1 - test cpu

ddr4 - ycruncher 10b per core

misc - pcmark android

Would be nice to see some benches that don't get any love have stages. If there's any reason that we don't see these benches normally (ie; blackhole is a slot machine) would be interested to know as I don't have the history myself.

9 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

ddr3 - amd 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 core ycruncher 1b

Hahaha yes, this.  I'm in favour of all ycruncher stages but this in particular.

8 minutes ago, mickulty said:

Hahaha yes, this.  I'm in favour of all ycruncher stages but this in particular.

Indeed! All kinds of glorious fullpot action combined with a solid mix fx and am3, also known as two of the best oc platforms ever made ;)