HWBOT Community Forums

The official Challenger 2020 Division III round 1 - 6 cores only thread.

Obijuan83

• Crew
15 minutes ago, Simi37 said:

Why is nickname abc order is higher priority then the upload dates? If someone got the same points _later_ than me, not more... it isn't better just the same. But now in my case, I got overtaken with the same overall points as mine. Same goes to 11th and 12th btw. Why?

added to bug list, thx for reporting

This is for you Simi37. Anyways, you may have got my entry removed from Cinebench for some screenshot issue I still don't know what it was but I went ahead and did it again with 9 minutes left. I may not have got my entry in on time but scored even higher.

https://hwbot.org/submission/4365314_

Edited by GeorgeStorm
Abusive language.

10 minutes ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

This is for you Simi37. Anyways, you may have got my entry removed from Cinebench for some screenshot issue I still don't know what it was but I went ahead and did it again with 9 minutes left. I may not have got my entry in on time but scored even higher.

https://hwbot.org/submission/4365314_

technically its still reportable :D youre placing tabs on rendered area, thanks btw, you guys did a lot better than me to be honest :) 

10 minutes ago, Slovak_Killer said:

technically its still reportable :D youre placing tabs on rendered area, thanks btw, you guys did a lot better than me to be honest :) 

Ya, well, not sure what to do - there is only so much space on the screen. You'd think after all these years I'd have had this problem before but this was my first time doing Cinebench v20 and I had no idea it would take up more space than 1920 x 1080 could support. Now I know for next time. I assume anyone who benched it with 1920 x 1080 or less will have there entries disqualified ...

EDIT: I just went and checked a bunch of the other entries - the only people that can pull off an acceptable screenshot are those running 2k screens and higher. Something is wrong when a benchmark requires a bigger screen than the resolution of the official background.

EDIT2: I'd also mention that normally this kind of thing can be solved by simply going and checking the example on the official benchmark page. In this case there i none so I guess most of us went with "make sure the taskbar is not covered and the windows clock is visible and if you have to touch anything make sure the official benchmark is the one covering stuff and not the other way around." Would be good to know what the proper way to do it would be for next time.

Edited by marco.is.not.80

6 minutes ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

Ya, well, not sure what to do - there is only so much space on the screen. You'd think after all these years I'd have had this problem before but this was my first time doing Cinebench v20 and I had no idea it would take up more space than 1920 x 1080 could support. Now I know for next time. I assume anyone who benched it with 1920 x 1080 or less will have there entries disqualified ...

EDIT: I just went and checked a bunch of the other entries - the only people that can pull off an acceptable screenshot are those running 2k screens and higher. Something is wrong when a benchmark requires a bigger screen than the resolution of the official background.

I guess its time to upgrade your monitor :D 

@marco.is.not.80 for benches like these where more screen real estate is needed, I usually have an AMD graphics card so I enable Virtual Super Resolution on my 1920x1200 screen and use the next reolution up - 2560x1600. Yes, you have to have drivers installed, yada yada, whatever. It works and I don't have to invest in a proper Dell 30" 16x10 screen or a new fangled 4k screen.

Edited by cbjaust
  • Thanks 1

In the end it turns out that my entry being removed had nothing to do with clipping and it would have been accepted except I had accidentally covered up the part showing the version information for CPU-Z.

Not sure anyone would've actually noticed that except for the guy sitting in second place to me but since it was called out Leeghoofd made the right call and removed it.

Hey at least it pushed my team mate up a few notches.

Anyways, I already mentioned this in another thread but the despite not taking 1st place cbjaust's epic AMD entry for 3dPhysics  was mind blowing and I had a lot of fun trying to tune my own Ryzen accordingly. I couldn't solve the riddle he obviously had figured out but in doing so I ended up with a tune that got me two 1st places in two of the other benchmarks (was 2 before 1 entry was removed for the screenshot violation).

I'm surprised no one else is making a big deal out your epic benchmark, CB. I mean look at that order. Intel owns the whole thing with all Ryzen's sitting at the bottom except one lonely entry at the top doing a lap dance on Intel's face. Maybe I need to get out more but I thought it looked awesome.

Marco

PS: Apologies to moderators. I don't know how many permanent points I can have on my account before it ends my time at hwbot but it certainly don't want another one and thanks to George was gracious enough to change my wording and still keep my post up. That being said - I still think Simi is a douchebag and next time we compete he can cry like a little girl not just because I'm better but because I bought an 8k display the size of a small shed where I have four instances  CPU-Z, three instances GPU-Z, four tabs of HWInfo, a live web cam displayed in a docklet, benchmate and event viewer showing the system logs  and a big background picture of his mom.

• Haha 1