HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT 2020 Make it great again Thread:

Leeghoofd

On 2/15/2022 at 1:01 AM, Fasttrack said:

Stability is the key word.

Which I have never seen for 12 years.

Revisions and changes and back and forth. Again and again.

Every time some love and some hate the changes.

Peculiar how inflated points buy souls :)

Anyway,  whatever.

But keep it steady this time.

I could not agree more. This with stability was pointed out like 12-13 years ago and a suggestion then was to get someone who knows how to work with databases (and PHP back then) to take care of some parts. This was totally ignored by hwbot. As example HallOfFame does not work as it should.
GALAX Hall of Fame @ HWBOT
(look at the results and on some HOF-sub pages try out the links)
To make more people interested it is very easy to see who is logged in and to guess what new results that person might be interested in. Why not use that information?

This with leagues and points I hardy dont want to discuss.  Personally I think it would be good to put yourself in the users position. Am I interested in results done with LN2/H2O?  Am I interested in result in a "graphic" benchmark where people use expensive CPUs which I cannot affort? etc. I am really impressed by Rauf, Splave etc, but I cannot compete with them. If the site is for people to compete in computer benchmarks, why doesnt it show what I am interested in? For me it looks like the site is design to attract like 50-100 people. I feel it is a real pitty as I feel the website could be really, really great AND fun.

Just my 50 cents, cheers!

Edited by blossa

Guest hammertone
1 hour ago, blossa said:

This with leagues and points I hardy dont want to discuss.  Personally I think it would be good to put yourself in the users position. Am I interested in results done with LN2/H2O?  Am I interested in result in a "graphic" benchmark where people use expensive CPUs which I cannot affort? etc. I am really impressed by Rauf, Splave etc, but I cannot compete with them. If the site is for people to compete in computer benchmarks, why doesnt it show what I am interested in? For me it looks like the site is design to attract like 50-100 people. I feel it is a real pitty as I feel the website could be really, really great AND fun.

Future this can happen.

Adjusted points now bad overclocker can feel good about average scores.

For those that are still interested it may keep them here.

• Crew

Correct, I mentioned that the profile points are fixed, I did not mention anything about rankings.
That is for next weekend as it seems to be programmed differently (if anyone has an idea why plz enlighten me ) and is being calculated at other intervals.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Crew
  • Over 7000 double subs have been purged till now. Many thousands to go...

• Hopefully in this Easter holiday the "With BenchMate's benchmarks" can be merged with the standard classes, fingers crossed.

• PYPrime, TimeSpy GPU & Geekbench 5 will be released and get hardware boints

• Preparation to move to faster hosting is in the works (deadline end of summer)
  • Like 10

• Crew

I'm cleaning up the memory submissions, so hopefully next week no more GTX 2 in DDR2 category and other mixups (due to bad DB design)

We also removed some no longer used/unsupported  benchmarks and their submissions yesterday to trim the Database.

We had many duplicate benchmarks, some with zero subs (user made) and some couldn't even be submitted to anymore due to lacking developer support.

removed.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2