HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT 2020 Make it great again Thread:

Leeghoofd

23 hours ago, MaddMutt said:

The New Intel " Socket 1200__MB z470/90 " will not be backwards compatible  with Win 7 <- The last " HWBot Certified " MS OS. Unless there is a BIOS Hack  <- Instant Banning.

The New AMD Zen 3 has a work-around but will not continue after this year.  AMD's "Zen 4__MB x670/90 will not be backwards compatible  with Win 7 either

How can you possibly know this?

Hwbot isn't bad, especially for a free service run by volunteers . This will be the first major rework since I have joined but looking at past threads they are all the same, some people saying "the new changes are going to fix everything" and the other half saying it is the end of days. 

Whatever happens there will always be people cheating and people will always be unhappy with the system if they feel like it gives someone else an advantage. There is no way to make everyone happy. 

Edited by Mythical tech
  • Like 3

On 2/12/2020 at 8:18 AM, MaddMutt said:

I have to agree on the 1st part sort-of. We are currently undergoing a MAJOR shift in the CPU/MB camp -

You simply state --- ALL Processors/MB after - will be run on Win 10/BM submissions only  ?

The New Intel " Socket 1200__MB z470/90 " will not be backwards compatible  with Win 7 <- The last " HWBot Certified " MS OS. Unless there is a BIOS Hack  <- Instant Banning.

Fuck that right off.
If new shit cant be hacked to run on XP it'll be the last hardware I ever bench.

• Like 4

On 2/12/2020 at 4:34 PM, zeropluszero said:

Fuck that right off.
If new shit cant be hacked to run on XP it'll be the last hardware I ever bench.

I'm looking long term...NOT right now. I can't buy the NEW Stuff - 98% can't either - but I may be able to buy it 5 years from now ? This means that the same BS we have had over the last xx years will still be here 5 years from now. WE <- ALL OF US -> have to make a line in the sand and say NO MORE. This includes the Elites/Pro as what you do now, is used by Rookies 4~6 years later. This means stating what is and is not allowed from NOW forward.

I do not need a crystal ball to see the future. My EVGA z390 (1151) has a AsMedia USB controller ADDED for Windows 7 support. The i9-9900k/kf/ks (designed for the z390 by Intel) will work on z170 (1151) motherboards from 4 years ago. The AMD x370 (AM4) motherboards will run the NEW i9-39xx CPU's. Intel has already stated that their next CPU will use a new socket and so will AMD's.

^ This is just my opinion. If we do not study our history, we are bound to make the same mistakes again ?

Thank You for your time in reading my post ? I will not bother you again as I have said what needs to be said.

• Like 1

Things that don't work:
- XTU submits via the program, via the website and the result page, all broken. (Said here already)
- Reported page (I can't even look at my deleted submission thanks to page being broken) (Didn't spot this?)
- Achievements (at least G.skill memories haven't updated awhile) (Said here already)
- Personal hardware result listings show just 20 first, going to next page shows then global results. (Didn't spot this)
- All benchmark page has some ODD benchmarks listed, ( BRENNAN, 106857280512383915478, BlackBerry KeyOne, shzo,) 
- Some benchmark rules have not been updated to contain 2020 rules in the first page, instead posted in comment section.. oh boy
- Some benchmarks don't exist on benchmark listing (3Dmark03,05,06 with benchmate) (Said here already?)
- your XTU profiles listing, nothing there... (Didn't spot this)
- Team rankings doesn't work (said here already)

Priority:
Get website working again (hwbot 7.0?)

Following things would be nice:
- Guides for older benchmarks with modern hardware. I see a lot people getting much higher scores with modern hardware but because I am such a noob I can't figure out how come I have 1/10th of the score compared to others etc.
- Benchmark optimized OS installation(s) iso (without spectre  / meltdown etc updates)
- All-in-one installer for .net, .cnet, vc++, opencl, directx, java, etc. runtimes. It has been a damn rough hunting these down lately.

10 minutes ago, SL06BHytMar said:

Things that don't work:
- Some benchmark rules have not been updated to contain 2020 rules in the first page, instead posted in comment section.. oh boy

This is because the original post of rules is basically a comment, and it was made by someone no longer active on staff.

11 minutes ago, SL06BHytMar said:

- Some benchmarks don't exist on benchmark listing (3Dmark03,05,06 with benchmate) (Said here already?)

These are not seperate benches, the "with benchmate" categories that exist currently are temporary for the purpose of testing benchmate. They will all be rolled back into their respective benches. 

12 minutes ago, SL06BHytMar said:

Priority:
Get website working again (hwbot 7.0?)

Message does boil down to this, and definitely agreed. Sounds like current issue is waiting for the merge to finish so that new company has access to the code needed to fix website.

• Thanks 1

• Crew

@SL06BHytMar

Things that don't work:
- XTU submits via the program, via the website and the result page, all broken. We stopped supporting XTU as it was no longer a reliable benchmark to be used in our database. GTP Points will be removed as the submit via XTU button. I stil have hopes for XTU 2.0
- Reported page (I can't even look at my deleted submission thanks to page being broken) Added in the to do list for the new programmer
- Achievements (at least G.skill memories haven't updated a while) Added in the to do list for the new programmer
- Personal hardware result listings show just 20 first, going to next page shows then global results. Added in the to do list for the new programmer
- All benchmark page has some ODD benchmarks listed, ( BRENNAN, 106857280512383915478, BlackBerry KeyOne, shzoPlz link me
- Some benchmark rules have not been updated to contain 2020 rules in the first page, instead posted in comment section.. Plz link me
- Some benchmarks don't exist on benchmark listing (3Dmark03,05,06 with benchmate) "With benchmate will dissapear," benchmarks will be merged
- your XTU profiles listing, nothing there... See first comment
- Team rankings doesn't work Works only with Internet Explorer, added in the to do list for the new programmer
- Windows 8/10 benchmark solution?!? You can't keep it blocked forever. (Or you can?) Ow yes we can,  Benchmate is your only option. We will not allow bugged scores

As stated above, HWBot has a new owner thanks to Thermal Grizzly , As long as the paperwork is not finalized  any development will be on hold....

we just try to keep the boat afloat, like we have done for the last two years. But the future looks bright!

• Like 3

can you make a " see result " button in the result discussion thread ? pain in the ass to go back to the site and manually search it, if its not a front page entry. thanks.

btw clearing those useless benchmarks is a good route. fewer benchmarks are waay better.

On 2/12/2020 at 3:34 PM, zeropluszero said:

Fuck that right off.

Not sure what Mutt's saying about insta banning bios hacking to make W7 work on lga 1200, seems harsh
but XP appears to be possible on new Intel platform, so good news there !

• Crew
4 minutes ago, GtiJason said:

Not sure what Mutt's saying about insta banning bios hacking to make W7 work on lga 1200, seems harsh
but XP appears to be possible on new Intel platform, so good news there !

you know Mutt is the Johnny Rotten of OC.. always against the grain, no matter what. Just because Neil is the nr1 Aussie OCer....

• Haha 2

On 2/11/2020 at 7:13 AM, jab383 said:

1: As predicted, the no-league crusaders are out in force.  They're entitled to their opinion and to express them.  Personally, I agree with Don Dan - we should keep the leagues.  This speaks to the need for a vote with wide participation.

2: Note that one of the features of Benchmate is monitoring CPU temperature during the benchmark run.  Perhaps temperature achieved - above/below 0C - could be used to place members in the proper league?

Been awhile since I've popped in but here's some of my take before it's too late.

1:

Yes, it does make it a more simplified process by having only two or three leagues max.

HWbot is supposed to be about "The Best" and while that may not speak to all of it, there has always been the underlying issue about guys fudging on things concerning cooling.

If the leagues are simplified and a new guy comes in and starts complaining about how they can't compete, then I guess they don't belong here.

The hill is steep due to the level of competition and that's how it is because it's the bot. If those in charge here decide to cater, you water down the competitiveness of the site and make it all mean less than it should for what the site IS. 

It's either do what it takes to run with the big boys, sit on the porch or GTFO over it.

Saying it's only the extreme guys that would come out in favor of a simplified league setup isn't exactly accurate either.
I may be an Extreme guy now but I still do most of what I do on air or water, occasionally DICE and that's really about it. The very last LN2 subs I did were from last September with only one other set of LN2 runs beforehand, you can even check that in my profile if you want so...

I'm not going to complain, I was going at it long before all the leagues were done and that didn't stop me in the least, that's how I got where I am now. If a person wants to get it done they'll find a way like I did but that's on the person like it was on all the others here too in their past - No excuses and frankly, I never gave any when I came up short myself - I just worked and found a legitimate way to get it done.

I'm still doing it on whatever I can and that's the end of it. We only need leagues with the sponsored guys (Elite), the "Rest" and Rookies (6 months).

2:

You know like I do sensors on boards can be way off/flakey/WTF?/ and honestly, it's possible to even mod a board to show a different temp that it's really running at.

For example - Imagine my suprise when I saw the temp readout from one of my AM2 chips showing it in the BIOS idling at 461c...... I guess it was a bad mount right? Or maybe that smoking crater in the board is testimony to it?

Of course not.

BTW that one goes in the WTF category. ?

Just another reason why we need the league system changed instead of going by and having to prove cooling.

Edited by Bones
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

you know Mutt is the Johnny Rotten of OC.. always against the grain, no matter what. Just because Neil is the nr1 Aussie OCer....

I'm the other half of the coin ? I try and stay in my area of members that have/use the same setup that I have and work to beat their score. I also work to try and beat my PAST scores with better cooling/hardware.

On 4/1/2020 at 10:46 AM, SL06BHytMar said:

Guides for older benchmarks with modern hardware. I see a lot people getting much higher scores with modern hardware but because I am such a noob I can't figure out how come I have 1/10th of the score compared to others etc.

This will always be a part of the upgrading need. -> You had ________ bench a i7-2600k on LN2 to get to 5.2GHz~5.5GHz and now you have a i9-9900k that does this with chilled water.

^ I have a "NEW" i9-10940x (14c/28t) and DDR4-4133 (4000 CL 12-11-11-28) BUT it sucks with 3D Marks Physics. I get ~ 1/2 the physics score I received when I benched my i7-5960x. The worst is 3D Mark 11, where I get 20~30 less than a i7-8700k.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:13 PM, Leeghoofd said:

@SL06BHytMar

Things that don't work:
- All benchmark page has some ODD benchmarks listed, ( BRENNAN, 106857280512383915478, BlackBerry KeyOne, shzoPlz link me
- Some benchmark rules have not been updated to contain 2020 rules in the first page, instead posted in comment section.. Plz link me

As stated above, HWBot has a new owner thanks to Thermal Grizzly , As long as the paperwork is not finalized  any development will be on hold....

we just try to keep the boat afloat, like we have done for the last two years. But the future looks bright!

Page where you can see imaginary benchmarks: https://hwbot.org/benchmarks/ (use browser search function)

EOL? (Broken submit/broken benchmark) benchmark:

2020 rules missing from the "1st post" but are put into comment:

1. https://hwbot.org/news/880_application_8_rules/
  2. ...
  3. https://hwbot.org/news/14710_application_100_rules/

I think that is all of them...

• Thanks 2

• Crew
On 4/4/2020 at 5:07 PM, SL06BHytMar said:

Page where you can see imaginary benchmarks: https://hwbot.org/benchmarks/ (use browser search function)

EOL? (Broken submit/broken benchmark) benchmark:

2020 rules missing from the "1st post" but are put into comment:

I think that is all of them...

I guess these benchmarks were test cases to see if datafile submit and such would work, we will remove them on later basis

Realbench will go out of the list

Thx,  edited them benchmarks, though it's weird as especially all of the important 2/3D ones were edited like early this year???? Don't understand, looks like it got rolled back somehow....

One (minor) bug that I see... in at least some GPU pages , nVidia cards have Crossfire headers instead of SLI

ie 2x Crossfire, 3x Crossfire, 4x Crossfire

Is it possible to tweak the code so that a card's page only shows the benchmarks that the card can run? It's miserable looking at a DX7 or DX8 card and seeing ~30 rows that are non-applicable. Would that have any benefit to server load?

....and do there really need to be so many GPU benchmarks??!? :D

• Crew
7 hours ago, K404 said:

ie 2x Crossfire, 3x Crossfire, 4x Crossfire

Is it possible to tweak the code so that a card's page only shows the benchmarks that the card can run? It's miserable looking at a DX7 or DX8 card and seeing ~30 rows that are non-applicable. Would that have any benefit to server load?

....and do there really need to be so many GPU benchmarks??!? :D

- crossfire will replace with GPU or card

- a lot of beta benchmarks will be skipped and some will become bointless

Hi!

Maybe it will happen again. But still! Let's restore the log of movement of positions in the rating?

A very convenient option for viewing the activities of neighbors in the rank!

DAY

/WEEK/

MONTH

2020-05-02 13-47-56.png