2020 Party in PA- planning thread

2020 Party in PA planning  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Attending this summer?

• Wouldn't miss it!
    • Want to but not sure if I can
    • Can't make it
  2. 2. Which weekend works best for you?

*Due to the current and near-term outlook for COVID, this year's party is, sadly, cancelled. Hopefully we'll all be back together again next summer. HUGE thanks to all who have participated! Stay safe!*

Hey Folks!!! 

Happy (belated) 2020!! Hope everyone's well and having fun! Life's been great but super hectic on this side. Finally settling down, slowly starting to un-pack the hardware (we recently moved). Looking forward to doing some benching again!

Sooo....who's interested in coming to PA this summer?? It'll be the same drill as last year; Harrisburg venue, setup Thursday night, benching Friday - Sunday (room cleaned up and empty no later than 4-5pm), attendees will split all venue and ln2 costs. Have 3 weekends in mind so please take the poll. I'd like to have the weekend determined and a decent count of attendees by next weekend if possible so I can get a lock on the venue and ln2. I'll get venue and ln2 quotes next week so we know the numbers (of course, I'm hoping for the same prices as last year but we'll see). 

Already excited even though it's still 6 months away but want to give everyone as much advance time as possible. :)

Y'all rock...can't wait to see you. 

-Stefan

Edited by funsoul
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, funsoul said:

Hey Folks!!! 

Happy (belated) 2020!! Hope everyone's well and having fun! Life's been great but super hectic on this side. Finally settling down, slowly starting to un-pack the hardware (we recently moved). Looking forward to doing some benching again!

Sooo....who's interested in coming to PA this summer?? It'll be the same drill as last year; Harrisburg venue, setup Thursday night, benching Friday - Sunday (room cleaned up and empty no later than 4-5pm), attendees will split all venue and ln2 costs. Have 3 weekends in mind so please take the poll. I'd like to have the weekend determined and a decent count of attendees by next weekend if possible so I can get a lock on the venue and ln2. I'll get venue and ln2 quotes next week so we know the numbers (of course, I'm hoping for the same prices as last year but we'll see). 

Already excited even though it's still 6 months away but want to give everyone as much advance time as possible. :)

Y'all rock...can't wait to see you. 

-Stefan

I'm in for sure!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

You got any update on the venue, I'll make a FB post of it if you want (and plz share some piccies, got a few from Yosarianlives, but they are only from his setup)

Hey now, I had a pic of @Darthresin preparing a leftover chunk of calzone ;) but I'm pretty sure Stefan uploaded some group pics to fb around that time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks!

With COVID, we're in a holding pattern atm. We'll keep our eyes on the situation but we may have to put off this year's party. Too early to call it, though....keeping my fingers crossed (we're on lockdown, too Chispy....I'd love to finally meet you!).

-Stefan

• Like 3

4 hours ago, funsoul said:

Hi Folks!

With COVID, we're in a holding pattern atm. We'll keep our eyes on the situation but we may have to put off this year's party. Too early to call it, though....keeping my fingers crossed (we're on lockdown, too Chispy....I'd love to finally meet you!).

-Stefan

Would like to finally meet you guys too. Most likely due to travel restrictions and lockdown everywhere in the world  , this year seems it won't be possible for me to attend :( , but i'm really looking forward to next year.

Kind Regards: Angelo

• Sad 1