HWBOT Community Forums

X570 motherboards with clockgen

samual

Looking for lowest priced x570 or x470 motherboard with a clock generator in Canada.

I have been surfing the net and have only found asus crosshair hero and asrock taichi.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by samual
Spelling

For the widest compatibility (Athlon GE up to 3950X) these days, I'd go with ROG Crosshair VII Hero. X470. Nice / decent board for benching AM4 platform or even just daily setups.
It has BCLK OC for sure but lacks of dual BIOS & DISPLAY OUT though IIRC.
Or You can go with Crosshair VI Hero for lower price. IDK though if we can find it in new condition & covered by warranty.

Edited by IvanCupa

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, cbjaust said:

Which board in particular? are you missing the fabric clock option now?

When installed with Zen 2 CPU (3900X) the C6 Hero has some sort of logic in the bios that hides/disables eCLK mode. This board had dual BLCK as the marketing push for an overclocking board.

I never had Zen+ in my C6H so I can't comment on that. Certainly with a Zen2 CPU (Ryzen 5 3600X) and C6H there's full controll of memclk, fclk and uclk, so unless we're not talking about the same thing...  ?‍♂️

Edited by cbjaust

On 5/6/2020 at 9:54 AM, str8_an94baller said:

When installed with Zen 2 CPU (3900X) the C6 Hero has some sort of logic in the bios that hides/disables eCLK mode. This board had dual BLCK as the marketing push for an overclocking board.

What exactly do you mean by this ?

Which bios version are you using ?

1 hour ago, TASOS said:

What exactly do you mean by this ?

Which bios version are you using ?

On 5/6/2020 at 9:45 AM, cbjaust said:

I never had Zen+ in my C6H so I can't comment on that. Certainly with a Zen2 CPU (Ryzen 5 3600X) and C6H there's full controll of memclk, fclk and uclk, so unless we're not talking about the same thing...  ?‍♂️

When a Zen 2 CPU is installed, there is a bios logic that hides the option to select/enable dual BLCK/eCLK async mode.

We tried to unhide this with 7704 and 7306, the option is there but changing BLCK doesn't work. There's a deeper/more hidden code in the bios that we have yet to discover.

Above discoveries made by user XX on r/ThinkPad discord