HWBOT Community Forums

Jokot - Core i7 3770K @ 6042MHz - 1132 cb Cinebench - R15

Matt26LFC

Cool!  Just recently bought a 3770K myself off of Ebay and it managed 5G R15 with 1.34v, also did SuperPi32m 2c2t 5G with 1.26v.  Not delid it yet, so stock thermal paste.  Hoping to take it cold soon, currently lapping it, wondering whether to try on cold without delid first then try delid after.  Where you delid?

Yeah I think I read something about that in a 3770K binning thread, wasn't sure whether or not its due to people not really knowing about the cold snap then since delidding was a new thing.  But I'm likely to do stock first then delid.  I ran 3570K and 3770K on ln2 3 years ago (my first ever goes on Ln2) and I only managed like 5.7Ghz R15 and both where already delid, so wasn't sure if the delid hurt me at the time.  This sample is way better than anything I've ever owned 3770K wise so think I'll go stock first but lapped.

20 minutes ago, Matt26LFC said:

Cool!  Just recently bought a 3770K myself off of Ebay and it managed 5G R15 with 1.34v, also did SuperPi32m 2c2t 5G with 1.26v.  Not delid it yet, so stock thermal paste.  Hoping to take it cold soon, currently lapping it, wondering whether to try on cold without delid first then try delid after.  Where you delid?

I delid all my chips and this one also gained speed after it, I also think the rumor is just because people didn't know how to avoid cracking thermal paste in the past ;) but testing it out with stock paste at first could be a good idea. 

• Like 1