HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Maximus XII Apex

Not exactly what this 0804 bios is for, but I've seen @wagipon get 4800 14-13 2x16 with it. I believe other users have gotten it working on other bios versions.

Here is a microcode/ucode removed version, have fun and please post results!

0804-no-ucode.CAP

Don't forget to use the "patch_cml_ifnoucode.exe" on login for ratios to work properly, also strongly recommend disabling c-states and using manual vcore. It's available for download on the first page.

This should be better for SPI and overall scores, version with microcode should be better for Geek 3 mem score and maybe one/two other specific use cases.

Edited by Sparky's__Adventure
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2020 at 3:17 AM, speed.fastest said:

Hello, does anyone testing 0088 (Apex) vs 0707 (Latest Retail BIOS)? In my test 0707 is much better clocker & score, but lack of TXP & PPD. Can anyone made 0707 BIOS with TXP & PPD added? Thanks

Has anyone else had a similar experience with 0707? Is it possible to expose TXP and PPD in the version? Or is 0088 still the best option?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 8:40 AM, Traktor said:

Hi from Moscow :) This one is work:

MERCUSYS MW150US USB 2.0

e7b86580-52b6-49b0-b86b-68890e6b4b93.jpg

Ummmm it looks like thats because you are using a Nano usb  dongle from my angle... pleeease correct me.

Is it fair to say that stepping 1 and 4 with p0/p1 rev's have been swinging best?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't use TurboV Core on Win XP :( I'm getting "can't open asio.sys (2)" error notification.
What am I doing wrong? 
Or is there a different way to change CPU multiplier in Win XP?

---

Update:
After some tinkering I found out that TurboV Core 1.02.02 from Apex X OC Pack works. It is a bit buggy, but it does what it should.

Unfortunately no version of Mem Tweak It seems to be working properly. Neither ASrock Memory Configurator :/

Edited by ivanov
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 9:33 AM, ivanov said:

I can't use TurboV Core on Win XP :( I'm getting "can't open asio.sys (2)" error notification.
What am I doing wrong? 
Or is there a different way to change CPU multiplier in Win XP?

---

Update:
After some tinkering I found out that TurboV Core 1.02.02 from Apex X OC Pack works. It is a bit buggy, but it does what it should.

Unfortunately no version of Mem Tweak It seems to be working properly. Neither ASrock Memory Configurator :/

Turbo V from IX Apex works way better than X Apex on XP.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2020 at 3:17 AM, speed.fastest said:

Hello, does anyone testing 0088 (Apex) vs 0707 (Latest Retail BIOS)? In my test 0707 is much better clocker & score, but lack of TXP & PPD. Can anyone made 0707 BIOS with TXP & PPD added? Thanks

On 10/28/2020 at 10:28 AM, Sparky's__Adventure said:

news from @wagipon

Performance at 4766 with 0088 was beating performance at 4800 on 0804

Both bioses not modded

So I have 3 bioses to choose from 0901/0804/1002

All with ucode because I plan to run daily 24/7 (for now)

0901 = with tvb oc, but does this have txp/ppd in bios?

0804 = "mature" 0088 with txp/ppd in bios, not sure if any improvement?

1002 = official beta bios with resizable BAR feature

any that you guys would recommend for now? seeing as resizable BAR isn't that useful due to only RX6*00 GPU supporting it (I have 3090)

Edited by str8_an94baller

that feature will find it's way into nvidia drivers sooner than later I guess.

0901 had a build date ~ 1 month later than 0804 so while they got released on the website simultaneously I use 0901 for now and all I can say it works flawlessly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 7:14 PM, SunnyStefan said:

804 is old I wouldn't bother with it, 0901 doesn't seem to be worse in any way I've noticed thus far. I would go with 1002 but I can't vouch for it personally. 0901 is solid.

0901 any performance or stability (higher clock, better timing?) improve compare to 0088?

also are you using the apex vrm tool .exe? I'm not sure how it improve stability "if cache isn't se too high" as @Falkentynesaid

Edited by str8_an94baller

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Aurosonic said:

Hey guys. Can anyone help me installing win xp 32 to apex xii? I got stuck with ntkrnlmp.exe error on booting the iso from flash drive using firnhelper for z490 and xp iso with implemented ahci and usb drivers into it.

NVM, successfully installed from dvd-rw, that Firahelper stuff doesn't work to me at all whatever i do.

I've successfully instaled XP x86 to my Z490 motherboard, but can't install XP x64, getting 0x000000CA BSOD during second phase of the installation. I've used acpi 5048 - 2019.10.19 (Intel&AMD Final) - daniel_k as it's the latest that have x64 acpi. Was able to bypass A5 error with it. And i've used x64 AHCI driver for Asmedia ASM106x controller integrated into ISO with Nlite to bypass 7B error. I've unpluged all external devices, turn off all onboard equipment in bios. No luck, 0X000000CA PnP bsod.
Any solution to this problem ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...