HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Maximus XII Apex

Guys anyone else having problems running SLI on legacy cards ? I have been trying to get SLI x2 on GTX 580s for 3 days  same video cards , same bios. Used to work on z-390  and x299 but now on Z-490 i cannot get SLI working on gtx 580s :( . Any idea , help will be greatly appreciate it. Things i have tried fresh windows 10 latest 2004 install and updated  , fresh windows 8.1 install and updated and same for windows 7 and windows xp , every OS is updated and nothing , also tried 8 different sli bridgws 2 brand new ones never used , no SLI option on nvidia control panel. Tried latest drivers 391.35 and older 390xx - 388xx and no go , no SLI is working on Apex xii z-490 on this legacy gtx 580 video cards. Installed latest mobo bios 0607 , also tried 0055 and still cannot activate sli :( , i stop

22.png

Edited by chispy

I was trying to run TurboV Core from first post on Asus Prime Z490-A, but no matter what, it dies with a message "Please install Intel MEI Driver from ASUS SUPPORT DVD" (caps preserved). Anyone has an idea what might be going on? I tried a couple OS-es, seems like mobo is not supported, but I never saw TurboV Core as being Apex-only.

1 hour ago, phobosq said:

I was trying to run TurboV Core from first post on Asus Prime Z490-A, but no matter what, it dies with a message "Please install Intel MEI Driver from ASUS SUPPORT DVD" (caps preserved). Anyone has an idea what might be going on? I tried a couple OS-es, seems like mobo is not supported, but I never saw TurboV Core as being Apex-only.

lol and what about to do what the error message wants from you ...  can you please instal the intel ME drivers ?? if  you dont have particular DVD ill bet you can download from manufacturer pages ;)

Edited by davestarrr

11 minutes ago, davestarrr said:

you can change tXP and PPD in mem timings and to your second question .... SP is silicon quality prediction value ... you cant change it :D how much SP do you have ? and cooling s obvious

Oh damn, thanks a BIG quality of life improvement! Thanks for the info.

I have SP71

I believe someone mentioned that the SP would sometimes be inaccurate with a new bios / cpu install.

7 hours ago, davestarrr said:

lol and what about to do what the error message wants from you ...  can you please instal the intel ME drivers ?? if  you dont have particular DVD ill bet you can download from manufacturer pages ;)

you must be trolling me or you spent too much time with Dziarson lol

of course I did that, all drivers are installed

On 7/29/2020 at 4:16 AM, str8_an94baller said:

Oh damn, thanks a BIG quality of life improvement! Thanks for the info.

I have SP71

I believe someone mentioned that the SP would sometimes be inaccurate with a new bios / cpu install.

Update bios ;)
Reset SP/coolerscore = install new cpu

On 7/31/2020 at 12:06 PM, keeph8n said:

Has anyone been able to get XP 64Bit to work? Have been on XP 32bit without issue, but have yet to get 64Bit working. 

Unfortunately no , there are a lot of files that need to be moded for xp 64bit to work on z490. I talked to BigBlock ( Brady ) and some other people and until we get ascpi.sys  ,  ahci  and some other moded files for xp64bit it won't work , let's hope someone in the winraid forums can help with this. For me xp 32bit is working for all 3d except for 3dmark01 as it hangs on the splashcreen and goes into weird colors and get stuck there to infinity

1 hour ago, Midnight703 said:

Just got my z490 Apex, is 0088 the best bios so far? Anyone confirm if it allows over 2v vdimm without LN2 mode enabled?

I think people mainly download 0088 just for the tXP and PPD without the need for memtweakit.

I will check the vdimm limit for you real quick.

What kits are you planning to use >2v on? Without extreme cooling?

12 hours ago, Midnight703 said:

Just got my z490 Apex, is 0088 the best bios so far? Anyone confirm if it allows over 2v vdimm without LN2 mode enabled?

iirc it does, but I don't normally need to run over 2v Vdimm for any of my kits. Can check when I return home.

@skullbringer Maybe see if you can tighten some of the other subtimings more.

I'm able to push 4666 17-17-17-28 280 on a z390 dark (albeit my current memory isn't good enough to push that daily) with twr 10, twcl 14, twrrd_sg/dg 26/21, and lower trtp and tcke.

I don't know if twcl 14 is possible above 4666 ratio and tcl 17, as my memory and board can't push it. The other timings should be doable, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparky's__Adventure said:

@skullbringer Maybe see if you can tighten some of the other subtimings more.

I'm able to push 4666 17-17-17-28 280 on a z390 dark (albeit my current memory isn't good enough to push that daily) with twr 10, twcl 14, twrrd_sg/dg 26/21, and lower trtp and tcke.

I don't know if twcl 14 is possible above 4666 ratio and tcl 17, as my memory and board can't push it. The other timings should be doable, though.

thanks for the input! I needed trtp 9 for stability beyond 800% hci, but I will definitely give the others a try

are you running cr 1t or 2t? 

On core voltage my understanding is that the voltage limitations are the same as 9th gen, and I have consistently heard that 1.4v under full load was the limit for 9th gen. Though with the temps being lower on 10th gen I am not sure this holds true, and the speed of degradation, if any, could take longer given lower temps. That being said I will likely not go over 1.4v full load for daily.

• Like 2