HWBOT Community Forums

Comet Lake core i5-7-9 Batch and Serial numbers thread

Hi,

10900k batch # X016E724 SP94 at first next day dropped to SP 92 :/

Seem okay sure needs some juice v-f and 0403 bios has been a lot of fun to deal with 0607 bios wasn't any better

But got 0403 to at least do okay on 4k mhz finally and so-so performance

Altered 4k preset.PNG

10900k v-f point offsets.jpg

10900k-R20-6949-5.3-5.0 cache-bycore usage-avx-0.png

Edited by ThrashZone

16 hours ago, ThrashZone said:

Hi,

10900k batch # X016E724 SP94 at first next day dropped to SP 92 :/

Seem okay sure needs some juice v-f and 0403 bios has been a lot of fun to deal with 0607 bios wasn't any better

But got 0403 to at least do okay on 4k mhz finally and so-so performance

Altered 4k preset.PNG

10900k v-f point offsets.jpg

10900k-R20-6949-5.3-5.0 cache-bycore usage-avx-0.png

Need voltage at full load for this to be a valid submission.  Idle voltages mean nothing.

Please post a picture of the CB20 during full core load, and the vcore window open in hwinfo64 or CPU_Z so we can see your vcore at full load.

Also your SP is bugged.  This is a common problem for people using old bios versions.  Your first three VF points are the exact same and too high.  This throws off the SP rating too.  Your chip could be anywhere between SP88 to SP105.

To fix this you MUST update your BIOS.

1) Update to version 0607.

2) After updating, wait until it says "Press F1 for intel power limits"

3) Press F1, enter BIOS, then power off the system.

4) Clear CMOS with the clear cmos button on the back panel (or jumper/button onboard)

5) boot, wait, then press F1 for intel default power limits.  Boot to windows without changing anything in the BIOS.

6) run prime95 small FFT with AVX DISABLED for 5 minutes (with the F1 defaults)

7) reboot to BIOS.

8: Your SP should now be shown correctly.   If you want to go back to an old bios after, you can do that after posting a fixed SP/VF points, but if it gets bugged again, it will throw off prediction and AI overclocking when using an old Bios.

Edited by Falkentyne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

#1 10900K - X014E373 - CB R15 5.3   1.279Vcore Water - SP78 - 6790 CB R15 LN2 1.620v - NOIZEMAKER

#3 10900K - X019EXXX - CB R15 53/50 1.243 Vcore 20C Water / 54/50 1.310 Vcore 20C Water - ~6800 CB R15 1.645v LN2 - SP63 -  NOIZEMAKER

#4 10900K(A) - X031E753 - CB R15 5.3  1.305Vcore Water - SP 78 - ~6800 CB R15 1.645v LN2 - NOIZEMAKER

Edited by noizemaker
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

im waiting for CC fastdry contact cleaner spray to confirm alex's theory about dirty socket cuz my board is dirty and i had even vas in socket a litle bit...  if it fails add my batch to the list :D im already talking with intel via emails and im wating for response from higher technical team, hopefully we will get any conclusion soon..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, davestarrr said:

im waiting for CC fastdry contact cleaner spray to confirm alex's theory about dirty socket cuz my board is dirty and i had even vas in socket a litle bit...  if it fails add my batch to the list :D im already talking with intel via emails and im wating for response from higher technical team, hopefully we will get any conclusion soon..

It is not a theory though :) I had same situations in past with 7700K 8700K 9900K. Also with a pretested cpu that i sold, i could run full pot all day long without any cb or cbb, arrives to buyer, cb at -160. After properly cleaning pads and socket buyers was happy. I am not saying that it is impossible for cpu's to not run full pot just that you have to have clean socket and cpu and mount/remount on different boards, if still no go then yes... cpu hates cold and that's it. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 2:48 PM, Splave said:

can we add to the list if the CPU becomes "Cold Afraid" and can no longer go full pot. know of maybe 4-5 guys this has happen to so far. maybe we can track batches that are to blame

I think my CPU has joined this club, I will test again this evening to confirm. I had a bad crash benching last night, then lost all my frames. Broke system down and quickly checked on watercooled setup = cpu was working fine at normal temps!  Will be very sad if this is the case - was SP111.....

• Sad 2

have some issues where after a certain time the board goes into 00 on apex xii, with different cpus and isolations..
ogs mentioned the "rsvd" switch when it happens to proceed further, that worked 1 of 3 times..
same as bob lost frames during a bench, blackscreen = 00
cpu works normal on ambient again, and cold again too for a few runs

Edited by noizemaker

On 8/17/2020 at 11:01 AM, KaRtA said:

I'd like to know from those with the now "cold scared" chips, if they were all using an Apex when this happened. My gut feel is the board if causing an issue through a faulty rail or something.

It is a good question - mine is linked to Apex. Anyone on another board had this problem??

6 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Reflection point:  the Apex is the most used board, so there should be a lot of these cold scared cpus if it would be just the board right...

2 hours ago, Splave said:

Yes mllr has one from aqua

Yeah Alby fair call - but just interested to see how widespread the issue is.  And Allen's comment helps, it appears to be more CPU related...