HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z490 XOC BIOS/Tools

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

The chiller cools this 10900KF like nobody's business. But, I don't actually need it except when I am pushing the CPU to the edge. Even running Cinebench R20 at 5.3GHz and no AVX offset and more than 1.500V the core max is around 75°C. But, I also have an exceptional cooling system without counting the chiller, so I doubt the temps would be even close to what they are if I were using a common 240/360 AIO like many people are using.

I'm hitting 95c package on a Kraken X73 (asetek 360mm) at around 265w :(

In the process of making a 2x360 loop but haven't gotten around to finishing it

Then again my thermal paste is cheap... $10 60grams of GD900-1 from aliexpress

20 hours ago, str8_an94baller said:

going to get the 4400C17 gskill kit?

I haven't been able to find any 16GB x 2 kits in 4400+, so I will just stick with the excellent 8GB x 2 sticks I have now.

1 hour ago, str8_an94baller said:

I'm hitting 95c package on a Kraken X73 (asetek 360mm) at around 265w :(

In the process of making a 2x360 loop but haven't gotten around to finishing it

Then again my thermal paste is cheap... $10 60grams of GD900-1 from aliexpress

There is so little water in most closed loops systems I think it heats up and normalizes fast as well. My system holds nearly a gallon and I have two 270mm reservoirs, three D5 pumps and a MO-RA 360 (360x360) radiator with 18 fans. It would eventually heat up when I was running the 7980XE with 5.2GHz all day, but it took a very long time. So far with the little 10900KF CPU I haven't really seen an increase in the water temperature, even after running it all day. It seems to stay close to the same temperature as when the system is turned off overnight.

I should buy an in-line water temperature sensor to confirm that, but I am going off of what I see for idle temps in HWiNFO64. I'm guessing that is as good a measurement as any. Idle temps when I turn it on after sitting overnight are the same as idle temps after using the system for 8 to 10 hours.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I haven't been able to find any 16GB x 2 kits in 4400+, so I will just stick with the excellent 8GB x 2 sticks I have now.

There is so little water in most closed loops systems I think it heats up and normalizes fast as well. My system holds nearly a gallon and I have two 270mm reservoirs, three D5 pumps and a MO-RA 360 (360x360) radiator with 18 fans. It would eventually heat up when I was running the 7980XE with 5.2GHz all day, but it took a very long time. So far with the little 10900KF CPU I haven't really seen an increase in the water temperature, even after running it all day. It seems to stay close to the same temperature as when the system is turned off overnight.

I should buy an in-line water temperature sensor to confirm that, but I am going off of what I see for idle temps in HWiNFO64. I'm guessing that is as good a measurement as any. Idle temps when I turn it on after sitting overnight are the same as idle temps after using the system for 8 to 10 hours.

4400C17 haven't been released by g.skill afaik

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 1:59 AM, sergmann said:

Unfortunately, there is only this X-Bios version for some boards. Since Z590 will soon be on it, there will be no X versions for Z490 at the moment.

Is there anyway to get a working link to the X4 Bios for the z490 aorus xtreme though? The link on the first page doesn't work anymore.