HWBOT Community Forums

MSI Z490 XOC BIOS/Tools

I don't think 5 gig is an artificial issue. My chip can bench 5.2 ( multithread like CB ) and I've run xtu @ 5.1 on sub par cooling.

If anything I gained 100mhz benchable over my buggy/broken from day 1 ASUS z490 Itx -013 serial # board.

I'm sure if I swapped the cooler in the prototype i'm working on to my liquid freezer 2 280mm I could get over 5 gig stable.

Edited by chew*

@yaqy123 I can make a bios for the atx, but if you'd like to do it yourself:

Download and unzip all the things I provided. Open the bios image in MMTool. Go to CPU Patches and delete all of them. Save image. You can now flash that bios and it should work just fine.

Once you're in OS, go to thing I have as "tool" and look for a task called "patch for no-ucode." Then go to task scheduler and schedule that patch to run on every login.

For best results, you want to also be using InSpectre to disable in-os mitigations.

Please report results.

8 hours ago, Sparky's__Adventure said:

@yaqy123 I can make a bios for the atx, but if you'd like to do it yourself:

Download and unzip all the things I provided. Open the bios image in MMTool. Go to CPU Patches and delete all of them. Save image. You can now flash that bios and it should work just fine.

Once you're in OS, go to thing I have as "tool" and look for a task called "patch for no-ucode." Then go to task scheduler and schedule that patch to run on every login.

For best results, you want to also be using InSpectre to disable in-os mitigations.

Please report results.

What does the "patch for no-ucode" do? I have task scheduler disabled, is the tool really necessary?

My RAM setting no work with CMD rate 1t and setting manuale...now i understand why it was sold on amazon wharehouse ... ass fucked that i got ... an almost ridiculous system this z490 ... potential oc equal to 0 ... and they also want the money for these ill-conceived platforms