HWBOT Community Forums

MSI Z490 XOC BIOS/Tools

@hansglans Technically, it's not necessary, but if you want your computer to function properly it is. I ran into significant instability when not using it. I have a theory that it trying  to boost and throttle as it normally would while trying to use my manually set voltage, which would crash at the lighter threaded turbo speeds.

When using the patch, my settings would work fine. Unfortunately, that patch isn't persistent between boots.

I'm not sure about the transferrability of OC profiles, I wasn't able to save the profiles from my non-modded Dark bios anyways.

Edited by Sparky's__Adventure

9 hours ago, Sparky's__Adventure said:

@hansglans Technically, it's not necessary, but if you want your computer to function properly it is. I ran into significant instability when not using it. I have a theory that it trying  to boost and throttle as it normally would while trying to use my manually set voltage, which would crash at the lighter threaded turbo speeds.

When using the patch, my settings would work fine. Unfortunately, that patch isn't persistent between boots.

I'm not sure about the transferrability of OC profiles, I wasn't able to save the profiles from my non-modded Dark bios anyways.

Thanks, can you show what exactly the task does?

22 hours ago, yaqy123 said:

Yes i do @Sparky's__Adventure. This is my current daily, 4533 mhz i had stable in the past but even with locked rtls/iols it would reboot and become unstable retraining something i couldn't see. Bios is lacking on the ATX for sure.

Capture1.png

Capture3.png

Have you tried setting DLL bandwidth 0 and all the dllbwEN settings to 0? That seemed to solve my random load profile and sometimes train and sometimes not issues. I don't have a post code reader on unify itx but i have debug lights without those set it goes 1-2-3 repeats 3 times fails oc. With set to 0 it just goes 1-2-3 boot. Not to mention those settings are magical as i can run way tighter timings yet i can't measure any losses anywhere.

I've played with Rtt's also but maybe I just have not found the right combo yet. So far its not buying much with DR on my particular setup.

Edited by chew*
  • Like 1

They are the same setting.

I've seen several "sub" parameters for that setting with absolutely no documentation on it on some laptops, I think I saw three looking at a MSI laptop BIOS with AMIBCP 5.02.

I only remember a 0, 1 and 2 however.  Or perhaps the 'first' one had recommended values of a 0,1,2 on some strange Asus BIOS and the second was like 5,6,7 I honestly don't know or remember.  hard to remember bios settings with absolutely no documentation.

Ok I found it.

DLLBwen[0] for 1067 (0...7)  -->failsafe: 0, Optimal: 0

DLLBwen[1] for 1333 (0...7)  -->failsafe:0, Optimal: 1

DLLBwen[2] for 1600 (0...7)  -->failsafe:0, Optimal: 2

DLLBwen[3] for1867 and up (0..7)  -->failsafe:0, Optimal: 2

Don't ask me what any of that means.

Edited by Falkentyne

12 hours ago, yaqy123 said:

I do have dllbandwidth set to 0, but dllbwEN i cant seem to find in bios, is this an itx only option i assume?

you guys are probably 1 version behind me then. Screenshot shows defaults. It's right under dll bandwidth. setting that to 0 alone does not buy me much. setting these all to 0 got rid of my random retrains something fails OC. Not only that but without it say I set trefI to max my rtls would go wacky even though set manual when I set trefI max. now they don't with 0,0,0,0. In fact I can pull a lot of timings in now and boot fine. I should probably do a video. My settings are prime stable hci stable tm5 anta stable occt stable aida stable but if I loaded defaults then loaded profile fail OC. just changing those now when I load profile it works every time.

MSI_SnapShot_00.jpg

42 minutes ago, yaqy123 said:

4000mhz is pretty easy to stabilise even on the ATX, im talking the 4600mhz range.

It's 32g and that profile is conservative and still won't load everytime unless I set them to 0 not 2x8.

I explored beyond and went balls out. this was impossible with out them set to 0. This also loads every time now.

I'm fairly certain it would be way easier on 2x8 ;)

4200 c14.jpg

Edited by chew*

50 minutes ago, yaqy123 said:

1t is fixed on ITX but not on ATX yet unfortunately.

with MSI Z490i Unify Boards 1t is fixed BUT only until 4133 (for 24/7 use), with normal  ATX MSI Z490 Unify Boards 1T still IMPOSSIBLE ?

Toppc Lin (MSI) says he needs time to fix the problem.

I don't doubt he can do it though but how long it will take... that's a very good question ...

Edited by technikswd

53 minutes ago, yaqy123 said:

Non sono sicuro di come questo non venga testato sul rilascio di una scheda madre, abbastanza imbarazzante. Comunque sto aspettando un nuovo bios, toppc ha detto che lavorerà su letture VRM su hwinfo, il che significherà letture vcore più accurate in Hwinfo.

have you try the bios sended? if yes how can work on your board?

7 hours ago, yaqy123 said:

Bios still needs optimisation, seems to be many glitches on the atx and itx in terms of daily stability of ram. 1t is fixed on ITX but not on ATX yet unfortunately.

100% in agreement but at least we are not taking steps backwards. Newer bios are improving operation.

3 hours ago, pipes said:

Wich parameter have setting of RTL iol?

RTL IOL are impacted by alot of things. Density. Cas latency and speed. Sometimes you can pull them in tighter if a board defaults loose. Sometimes you can't. typically speaking if 4 dimms 58,59,60,61 for example would be normal for 4 dimms. 58,59 for 2 dimms of course all this can change based on CL and speed so the simple way to drive RTL lower is lower CL.

IOL at least on this board is rather loose with DR dimms.