HWBOT Community Forums

MSI Z490 XOC BIOS/Tools

19 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

They are the same setting.

I've seen several "sub" parameters for that setting with absolutely no documentation on it on some laptops, I think I saw three looking at a MSI laptop BIOS with AMIBCP 5.02.

I only remember a 0, 1 and 2 however.  Or perhaps the 'first' one had recommended values of a 0,1,2 on some strange Asus BIOS and the second was like 5,6,7 I honestly don't know or remember.  hard to remember bios settings with absolutely no documentation.

Ok I found it.

DLLBwen[0] for 1067 (0...7)  -->failsafe: 0, Optimal: 0

DLLBwen[1] for 1333 (0...7)  -->failsafe:0, Optimal: 1

DLLBwen[2] for 1600 (0...7)  -->failsafe:0, Optimal: 2

DLLBwen[3] for1867 and up (0..7)  -->failsafe:0, Optimal: 2

Don't ask me what any of that means.

Here's a tad more info on what it does. It existed on z390 but not everyone knew much about it.

dllbwEN.jpg

On 9/25/2020 at 7:58 PM, technikswd said:

There New Bios Version für MSI Z490 Boards from Toppc Lin (MSI) from Today (25.09.2020) ?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eD1QxbQfun1M5tMYvPyxMUc5yueZLN3S

1T Command Rate Fix und etc.

Here's some test result about 1T and 2T on z490-i unify.

either 12Z and 12T bios cannot boot above 4300 freq.

and i've found some strange that 1N(Fake 1T) option mentioned as equals to N:1N(N=3), but latency is not the same.

KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-09-27-12-09-03.png

Edited by sokdak

17 hours ago, sokdak said:

and i've found some strange that 1N(Fake 1T) option mentioned as equals to N:1N(N=3), but latency is not the same.

It can boot above 4300 and that "wall" is around 4200 on DR 2x16gb but not full manual. I mentioned this bug awhile back.

Touch no voltages set primaries loose and touch nothing else (18-18-18 4400  20-20-20 4600 ) even 32gb can boot 4600. after 4400 vccsa gets excessive ( 1.6 vccsa) though so fair warning. Just manually setting voltages alone and setting them to exactly what board is auto setting is enough to hang up the boot sequence but I have not pin pointed the problem.

Edited by chew*

19 hours ago, sokdak said:

KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-09-27-12-09-03.png

Amazing, thanks for your effort! Do you mind sharing which ram and voltages you use?

I believe N=3 and 1T are actually the same and only differ because of benchmark variation. 1T here is probably the "old" 1T which has N=3 by default.

Edited by hansglans

Heres proof on 1.2z bios. I included voltages. If I even set vdmim manually to 1.35 this will not make it to bios. I would not call the bug voltage related I would say its manual settings related as literally I set speed primary timings that can actually run @ the 1.35vdimm limitation and set PPD 0. If I set rtl training no post. if I set turnaround training no post. if I set vdimm no post if I set vccsa no post if I set vccio no post. If I set subtimings no post. I should rephrase that. it fails OC it posts but fails to boot with desired settings.

This is your 4300 limitation bug.

Unfortunately my 32gig set can't seem to hack it over 4600 with 1.35 vdimm limitation or the vccsa is getting more retarded than it already is @ auto.....

4400 12z.jpg

4500 12z.jpg

4600 12z.jpg

Edited by chew*

9 hours ago, hansglans said:

Amazing, thanks for your effort! Do you mind sharing which ram and voltages you use?

I believe N=3 and 1T are actually the same and only differ because of benchmark variation. 1T here is probably the "old" 1T which has N=3 by default.

i'm using g.skill module f4-3200c14-8gtrg and my setting is 4200@14 1.55v

and yeah, i totally agree with you. now msi's 1T means n:1t as n=3 mode, so it should be identical. but idk why 1t and n:1t is different at multiple tests in same environment. really curious

7 hours ago, chew* said:

Heres proof on 1.2z bios. I included voltages. If I even set vdmim manually to 1.35 this will not make it to bios. I would not call the bug voltage related I would say its manual settings related as literally I set speed primary timings that can actually run @ the 1.35vdimm limitation and set PPD 0. If I set rtl training no post. if I set turnaround training no post. if I set vdimm no post if I set vccsa no post if I set vccio no post. If I set subtimings no post. I should rephrase that. it fails OC it posts but fails to boot with desired settings.

This is your 4300 limitation bug.

Unfortunately my 32gig set can't seem to hack it over 4600 with 1.35 vdimm limitation or the vccsa is getting more retarded than it already is @ auto.....

4400 12z.jpg

4500 12z.jpg

4600 12z.jpg

as you showed it can be a bug then. i had not tested like that on all auto values.

msi should fix this problem and i'm waiting for a new bios...!!

7 hours ago, speed.fastest said:

You need to check what PCB do you guys have on the B-Die Dual Rank, you need B2 PCB (equal to A2) for benching with higher frequency above 4600 with 1T.

have you any proof Screen of your B-Die Dual Rank "with higher frequency above 4600 with 1T." as you have mentioned with MSI Z490 Unify Board ?

Edited by technikswd