HWBOT Community Forums

MSI Z490 XOC BIOS/Tools

This is currently not possible, and it is NOT the fault of the RAM modules Layout but the BIOS code itself!

Maximal Ram Speed with newest Beta Bios is 4266 ( i mean with 1T Command Rate ) ☹️

Toppc Lin (MSI) has already released three beta bios versions but the problem with 1T command rate was only been partially resolved so far.

Edited by technikswd

21 hours ago, speed.fastest said:

You need to check what PCB do you guys have on the B-Die Dual Rank, you need B2 PCB (equal to A2) for benching with higher frequency above 4600 with 1T.

yah it's not that causing this problem speed.

These are neos. they are from the new bins. In fact they are very close to the non existent 1.4v c16 4000 bin as they can do 4000 16-16-16-36 4000 @1.4v if I leave everything else auto. I'm only running 1.45v to 100% ensure they can handle my subtimings. 1T is really not the problem anyway. the problem exists without even throwing 1t in the mix and the problem lies somewhere in the training when trying to manually tune shit. 

If B0 and B1 is shit then A0 and A1 should be shit as well. I have 4 8gb sticks of old B die so I will compare them versus my royals 2x8 gb which are new bdie but tbh i'm not expecting much as this board currently has an artificial wall.

I already found a very convincing bug and can do 4600 with only 1.35vddr ( because if you change that it fails boot ) 

Almost full auto boots and runs tests fine 4400/4500/4600 but copying settings and inputting them identically fails training  so it's not possible manual.

Honestly I know how they test and i'm testing the same way so they probably think nothings wrong board does 4600 it's good. Go manual and not so good

Edited by chew*
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

done with msi...
After reading About someone throwing away their msi board cause the bios is bugged and gets unstable with settings that where stable for weeks, i decided to test it.
4400 c18 18 18 38 1,5vdimm 1,35 Sa 1,35 io
Locked rtls iols etc nothing on Auto.
Karhu 20000% zero errors, hci 4000% zero errors, gsat 4 hours no errors , Anta 777 extreme 6 cycles zero errors.
So one would think its stable.
One reboot later, Anta777 throws errors within seconds...
Im really mad right now, this Bios is Coded poorly and the other guy was right.

Training was Disabled, so zero values changed After reboot.

IMG_20201109_003215.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 1:30 AM, Falkentyne said:

These are already in the Bios.   No need to unlock them.  It's also HIGHLY questionable if the AMI versions are even linked to anything.

I remember setting CPU PLL Voltage Offset on my MSI GT73VR to something like +600mv through the unlocked AMI Menus and it didn't do a thing. And I have no idea if this was supposed to be "CPU PLL Overvoltage" or CPU PLL Voltage".  But the AMI help text looks almost identical to the Gigabyte version of "CPU PLL Overvoltage +mv".

Asrock bios seems to mention that all these "Overvoltage +mv" rails start at 0.9v".  I think Elmor said something about all of these "overvoltage" rails being clipped from the CPU PLL voltage.

On my Z390 Gigabyte, going higher than +105mv on CPU PLL Overvoltage +mv on air cooling would just cause a clock watchdog timeout.

MSI calls them "SFR Voltage".  Gigabyte calls them "xxx rail PLL Overvoltage +mv".  So they're already there.

I think what you may be looking for is "CPU Internal PLL Voltage", which while I don't understand any of this subzero stuff, I think this rail feeds the other rails.

On Z390, CPU Internal PLL Voltage (CPU PLL Voltage) and CPU PLL OC Voltage needed to be at least +150mv apart.  Seems like CPU PLL voltage is gone from all boards except Gigabyte Z490 (Where it's still there).  CPU PLL Overvoltage +mv is called something else on Asus, and everyone calls it something different.  

I don't think Asus or MSI have this setting anymore.  Shamino said it's not needed.  Maybe it's fed by another rail.

CPU PLL OC Voltage (Asus=PLL Bandwidth, Gigabyte VCC PLL OC Voltage) is needed.

that menu not work, i have edit the bios for unhidden that menu, there some many options, i have not try all, but memory ed cpu overclock not work

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, Nizzen said:

Any new beta bioses for z490 unify itx?

Yeah ! i need this. i want to conduct a test with this bios, i got mouse lags in the Bios and a long load with the official firmware.i dont understand what happend. official BIOS firmware does not change anything. Thanks 

Edited by Buheartov

On 4/10/2021 at 10:27 AM, Nizzen said:

Any new beta bioses for z490 unify itx?

pleaze, am i right here for fixed bios for i unify? i mean, no good 11600k support, maybe 11700/11900 work well enough for people, but 11600k is horrible. No wake on sleep, no adjustable Voltage settings with Ringfrequencies higher than 3900mhz, not even fixed ones. no memSa/IO-option. no working PWM functions except taskmanager is on.  also no settings for clocking specific single cores depending to voltages, i dont think it depends on TVB, so could be possible?

and hey....no higher ram oc than 3466mhz stable, even in gear 2 mode. 3600 is fine for 2hours, then blackscreen and freeze.

chip is good, 4600mhz ring and 5ghz 1,275V at cool Thermal Design Power with no overhauling PowerLimit like 10700k. Even 10500 could have got to 150Watts in prime etc. This 11600k is a bit better in its efficienzy than others and mcuh faster, but: ...where is my bios update!?!

Thanks for possible solutions in the near future. really love my i unify. greetings from germany and stay heathy!

otherwise will sell intel and go on vacancy and buy NVidia Rig in the end of next year.

Or have i got crappy chip? Will see on monday when new 11600k arrives. See ya! Stay healthy :D

Edited by kissili

• 4 weeks later...

The best bios for me has been the 2v bios Also I see you iol/rtls are "drifting" that will hurt performance and cause stability issues.

Also some of your timings maybe too tight. In my experience with z490 Unify, they make it much harder to get stability and need more voltage but do whatever works for you. Note those timings being so tight also make it harder to get iol/rtl tight and aligned Ideally you want something like 7/7/7/7 or 8/8/8/8. You can use Dragon Ball that is in the first post to verify them in Windows. Select Memory Channel A and then B in Windows to verify they are not "drifting/changing"

For locking in iol/rtl "Boot into bios checking RTL/IOLs. May need to boot multiple times.

To "save" RTL/OILs. Once trained to what you want, set training to none, it is called Memory Fast Boot on the z490 Unify. No other way to do it that I know of.

Edit Dynamic will give lower RTL/IOLs than Fixed for Latency Timing Mode."

https://www.overclock.net/threads/z490-tomahawk-manually-setting-rtl-io-l-help-please-with-pics.1776915/post-28740110

Unify 4400-16.png

Unify 4400-16 (1).png

Edited by bscool

7 hours ago, bscool said:

The best bios for me has been the 2v bios Also I see you iol/rtls are "drifting" that will hurt performance and cause stability issues.

Also some of your timings maybe too tight. In my experience with z490 Unify, they make it much harder to get stability and need more voltage but do whatever works for you. Note those timings being so tight also make it harder to get iol/rtl tight and aligned Ideally you want something like 7/7/7/7 or 8/8/8/8. You can use Dragon Ball that is in the first post to verify them in Windows. Select Memory Channel A and then B in Windows to verify they are not "drifting/changing"

For locking in iol/rtl "Boot into bios checking RTL/IOLs. May need to boot multiple times.

To "save" RTL/OILs. Once trained to what you want, set training to none, it is called Memory Fast Boot on the z490 Unify. No other way to do it that I know of.

Edit Dynamic will give lower RTL/IOLs than Fixed for Latency Timing Mode."

https://www.overclock.net/threads/z490-tomahawk-manually-setting-rtl-io-l-help-please-with-pics.1776915/post-28740110

Unify 4400-16.png

Unify 4400-16 (1).png

What is this bios version called? Also should "Memory Fast Boot" be set to enabled when starting my overclock so that sub timings train?

I set Memory Fast Boot to "slow training" when train iol/rtls.

Here is a link the to bios 2v https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alekwwtstb8wlN0aVOwWD3ccW6b85g?e=mQBWxK here is 2u which is a little newer and also good https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AG9ugOZDWIEiUFY&cid=E79CCD6ABE7A6C75&id=E79CCD6ABE7A6C75!1353&parId=E79CCD6ABE7A6C75!1352&action=locate

The newer bios may be as good or better. I am just going by when I was comparing them I liked 2v best. I have only tried newer ones a little and didn't notice much of a difference. The older bios like 2v can be a little "laggy" moving around in the bios.

There was something I turned off that help smooth it out but I don't remember off hand what setting it was. Something lock? Something to do with bios animations. I don't have to system running right now so I cant look.

• 2 months later...