HWBOT Community Forums

TaPaKaH - Core 2 Duo E8600 @ 6540MHz - 7min 10sec 750ms SuperPi - 32M

ground

Sam and LGA 775 SPi efficiency - name a more iconic duo. ;)
It's obviously an outstanding result (congratulations!) and quite scary to think it's not even his strongest CPU.

On 7/15/2020 at 6:44 PM, Don_Dan said:

Waiting for sub 7m at 6700MHz...

When I remember how impressive sub 7m 30s once was, it's kind of crazy we even consider this now. With perfect efficiency scaling 6,700 MHz would lead Sam to ~7m 0.5s. So even 6,700 MHz would likely not be enough, given efficiency tends not to scale 1:1 and it might even be necessary to ease some values on the memory side for DDR3-2144 @ 670 MHz FSB (5:8). However I don't know how much cherrypicking effort Sam has put into the RAM side by his standards compared to the CPU hunt. So maybe there is even a little bit to gain there? I would love to see this, but we really need some magic for this. :/

• Like 1

Sub 7 minutes would need 6700-6710MHz.
I definitely have multiple capable CPUs, but my best board stops at 655-660 5:8 even though its IMC can do 1080+ 6-7-5 32M with Hypers running same timings easily.
Given how hard it is to find an X48 these days, let alone a decent one, this might never happen ... unless I somehow find a magical recycler that sits on a thousand boards

Edited by TaPaKaH
  • Like 3