HWBOT Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Monabuntur

The official Monabuntur 's PYPrime global challenge - Aug 28, 2020 until Sep 27, 2020 thread.

You can use whateaver os you want, but Linux (or the Linux subsystem for windows) would be a better overall choice, you can boot off a USB stick or use the aforementioned Linux subsystem for Windows Good luck!

Posted (edited)

I think this bench needs some more work, you can easily edit the script to use a smaller workload. Basically less than zero security in the bench.

Also windows is always required for hwbot benches along with cpuz tabs. And same rules about win 10 etc apply as always do as well. So amd cpus and Intel pre Skylake have to use win 7.

The concept of the bench is good though, just needs to be properly packaged so it's secure. 

Edited by yosarianilives
  • Like 1

I'aware of this flaw (it's stupidly easy to modify the code) and I'm working on it, the easiest way would be compiling it to .pyc, but it would limit compatibility (as only the version on which it has been compiled will work), but this isn't the only way to do it... Anyways, thanks for the feedback, this really helps me make this better

On 8/29/2020 at 7:35 PM, yosarianilives said:

I think this bench needs some more work, you can easily edit the script to use a smaller workload. Basically less than zero security in the bench.

Also windows is always required for hwbot benches along with cpuz tabs. And same rules about win 10 etc apply as always do as well. So amd cpus and Intel pre Skylake have to use win 7.

The concept of the bench is good though, just needs to be properly packaged so it's secure. 

So, after some work I got it to work.

To be able to submit a result to hwbot you need a specific version, that runs only on windows as it's an .exe (if you don't want to submit anything you can use the .py script that doesn't have the security features).

Then to submit it you need to upload the encrypted .hwbot file (glorified xml, literally , it's an xml encrypted with AES 128) with score, os, motherboard, ram and all this snazzy stuff.

I also compiled a version for linux and macOS just because I can