HWBOT Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
4n0nym0u5b3nch3r

Zen 3 reveal

No real tests, nothing to discuss yet. Though +26% in games is quite strong, no idea why you are disappointed.

20 minutes ago, TerraRaptor said:

No real tests, nothing to discuss yet. Though +26% in games is quite strong, no idea why you are disappointed.

4th gen Ryzen's price-performance seems trash to me. ~€850 for a 5950X that very likely will perform on the level of a 10900k in the shit optimized games like I play? No thanks.

5950x is not promoted as best choice for games. 5950X should be compared to 10980XE imho and it makes different point.

Gamers that buy such cpus play at maxed out gpu settings (4K) where the cpu performance  has lower influence. I was accused of downgrading going from a 9900k@5ghz to a 3800x@4.2,. Very happy with it: AMD build a very fast platform, delivering superb multithreaded performance, lower operating temps and AM4 is a way more future proof socket than Intel ever had. Next year I might switch to 5800x or even 5900X maybe... 5950x is not targeted for gamers in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Gamers that buy such cpus play at maxed out gpu settings (4K) where the cpu performance  has lower influence. I was accused of downgrading going from a 9900k@5ghz to a 3800x@4.2,. Very happy with it: AMD build a very fast platform, delivering superb multithreaded performance, lower operating temps and AM4 is a way more future proof socket than Intel ever had. Next year I might switch to 5800x or even 5900X maybe... 5950x is not targeted for gamers in my opinion. 

I do more than just gaming alone, rendering in Sony Vegas is one of them. That, and screwing around with VMs.

Edited by 4n0nym0u5b3nch3r

I believe AMD said that single thread on 5900x is 631, if tests validate this then they will have the crown for the time being.

On 10/9/2020 at 2:21 PM, Splave said:

I hope they/we can fix the cold bug 🥶

I/O die is unchanged. That said CB should be unchanged.

What really needs close attention with the reveal is how 3900/3950 performed in games prior compared to parts that are replacing them. I mean great 26% uplift but if 3950x was slower than there best gaming chip ( 3800x ) by 10% then really what is the uplift? 16%? AMD kind of sleight of handed this one. Reporting gains only on chips that did not perform as good as there best and omitted gains of the chip that did perform the best.

I'm about as AMD as it gets but I am also a realist not a blind fanboy.

I was talking to Davis (zeneffect) about this a couple weeks ago. I said its not going to be a slam dunk but it is going to be enough to take the intel is best gaming chip crown away and they will trade blows across many titles.

Edited by chew*

On 10/9/2020 at 7:39 PM, Fragmeister said:

I believe AMD said that single thread on 5900x is 631, if tests validate this then they will have the crown for the time being.

They also said, 5950X hitted 640 points in R20 on Single core :) Not bad