HWBOT Community Forums

The official Country Cup 2020 thread.

yosarianilives

• Crew
58 minutes ago, SpinCykle said:

Hello, I've tried to submit a Port Royal Score for Stage 1 and I'm receiving this error...

"This submission was made with an Engineering Sample or unreleased hardware"

Why is this happening? I'm not using either an ES or unreleased hardware? 

Don't submit with a XTU profile, enter all the hardware manually

• Crew
1 hour ago, SpinCykle said:

Thanks, I thought I tried that and was still running into an error. Maybe my score was accepted. I knew it wasn't going to be in the top 5 but I'd still like to participate. :)  

There's no software that I would know off besides XTU that would give this error while submitting. If you want you can pass me the screenshot and FM link and I can try to sub it for you

• Crew

Small update on the Unigine stage:

thx to user Gt403cyl it became apparent that Unigine's website does not support multiple GPU configurations. 

This means if you submit the score to their website the verification link afterwards will not work (404 error)

Therefore we will remove the verification link for this competition. The request was forwarded that their leaderboard would support multiple GPU configurations in the future.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, superpatodonaldo said:

hope next time no update during the comp... it's a non-sense

If you found the glitches that caused the need for update you'd understand, pretty sure will need version 1.3 as there's a MAJOR flaw that wasn't patched in 1.2. Waiting on dev response but they reply quickly so perhaps it will be fixed. 

I think that there need to be a time to mature/quarantine new hardware and new benchmarks before they are used in competitions/point giving challenges. like 2-3 months even if scores are posted on the bot.

For hardware.

Based on that some new ryzens have even been noticed to break even CPUz with wrong reporting.

Thus any new hardware need to be going through informal tests by users and experts on a number of benchers before they are confirmed. To for example update benchmate or other envelope.

For benchmarks.

Based on that its not fair to have updates in the middle of competition to have to re-run scores based on issues found.

Meanwhile cudos to the developers who keep correcting the issues found and for the guys who can actually find such issues ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Crew

Mathbench was in beta for a long time, it was requested to be used.

Now some glitches were found with older hardware & affinity and directly fixed by the dev team. 
Aren't we slightly overreacting?  Like has your country already 4 LN2'ed scores done? 

With the development team immediately reacting/fixing I think this competition is ideal to get stuff sorted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Digg_de

Germany not sure about Math Bench Stage.

AMD DDR2 optimal using is a AM2 Board + AM3 CPU and AM2+ Board + AM3 CPU for two Scores? Or has the CPU to be AM2 and AM2+ also Board?

Edited by Digg_de

56 minutes ago, Digg_de said:

Germany not sure about Math Bench Stage.

AMD DDR2 optimal using is a AM2 Board + AM3 CPU and AM2+ Board + AM3 CPU for two Scores? Or has the CPU to be AM2 and AM2+ also Board?

Optimal list is something like 1090t, qx9650, x5470, and ??? 

Og phenom could be used but they kinda suck so may lose to qx9300 or socket F

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Mathbench was in beta for a long time, it was requested to be used.

Now some glitches were found with older hardware & affinity and directly fixed by the dev team. 
Aren't we slightly overreacting?  Like has your country already 4 LN2'ed scores done? 

With the development team immediately reacting/fixing I think this competition is ideal to get stuff sorted.

imo it could be used in an other comp, not a big one like CC or TC, but, I repeat, just my opinion

btw no problem, will improve it