HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock x570 Taichi need bios bug fixes support. Need a correctly working Bios for extreme overclocking help.

chispy

Guys there is a few bugs on the latest Beta bios 3.62 released 11/11/2020 ( Enhance AMD Ryzen 5000 CPU performance )

Bug # 1 - Cannot use more voltage for v.mem higher than 1.82v , system will go dark screen mode and freeze until clear cmos ( i need at least 1.985v. for extreme overclocking in subsero temps.)

Bug # 2 - Bios won't allow IF ratio properly if memory is overclock higher than 3800Mhz it will revert back to stock settings , IF/Memory ratio is completely broken and memory won't do more than 3800Mhz due to this bug.

Bug # 3 - A lot less cpu performance than other boards on the cpu when compared to other motherboards.

Bug # 4 - Asrock motherboard utility for overclocking is broken and cannot change cpu multiplier inside windows.

@Splave , @mllrkllr88 , @NickShih can you guys help this bugs fix on the Bios for Taichi x570 , maybe forward this info to the Bios team please , we need a fix for this bugs as it is essential for this mobo in order to be competitive with other motherboard vendors. I will appreciate any help and guidance on this deal breaker bugs , i can be Beta tester if you need me. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards: Chispy

( tested on ASrock x570 taichi Bios 3.62 - Rysen 5600x - 2x8gb G.skill Trident Z Neo 3800Mhz cas 14 A2 ram and 32gb G.skill Flare X 3200Mhz cas 12 A0 ram. )

CINEBENCH_R15_CPU_2261.jpg

gb3-2.png

Edited by chispy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Splave said:

IF is not NB in cpuz, that is uclock. Check it in ryzen master.  Also use ryzen master for multi the tools don't work besides bclk and vcore. 

Can try this bios

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y6R-Qbn67cxl2kqYMjPfGUKJvD__OEd3/view?usp=drivesdk

Thank you Allen for the help , downloading now to test it right away. I will give you feedback in a little bit.  Appreciate it the quick response and help.

Kind Regards: Angelo

@Splave , Allen thank you so much ? , indeed it was the Bios 3.62 bugs. The bios that you posted for me it is absolutely insane in performance and it works like a charm , this board is very good i like it a lot now with this Bios ? . Mem at 4522Mhz running like a dream with super tight timings upped the cpu performance a lot. I think 4600+ Mhz is doable on this board got to test it some more. Appreciate it all the help , also thank you for  the tip to use Ryzen master for changing multipliers in windows , it is working as it should. Mobo is a good candidate for Ln2 , very capable me thinks.

here is one cbr15 done at 5250Mhz -  5600x on ss with mem at 4522Mhz Cas14 super tight. Not my best score but just shows how good this board is with this Bios.

CINEBENCH_R15_CPU_2312.jpg

Edited by chispy
  • Like 2

Thank you @Splave . Allen there is a new Beta bios for x570 Taichi :)  Beta 3.66 released today , support d.ram voltage over 1.8v . A lot of people are very interested on this board bro , the ocn support page is very active - https://www.overclock.net/threads/official-asrock-x570-overclocking-and-support-thread.1730162/page-43#post-28674690

Will try this new Bios 3.66 and report back my findings. Awesome support from Asrock releasing quick bug fixes and new Bios improvements really fast. Got to love when a company listen to it's customer ? .

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Taichi/#BIOS

With Beta bios 3.58 i was able to run 4600 cas14-13 flawlessly when tweaked right , but limited to 1.8v on ram. I tried to stabilize 4666 but was a no go as i think my ram needs more volts for that speed. will try to 4666Mhz with more volts on ram to see if it helps. Good times ahead :D

Edited by chispy

On 11/20/2020 at 6:33 AM, chispy said:

Thank you @Splave . Allen there is a new Beta bios for x570 Taichi :)  Beta 3.66 released today , support d.ram voltage over 1.8v . A lot of people are very interested on this board bro , the ocn support page is very active - https://www.overclock.net/threads/official-asrock-x570-overclocking-and-support-thread.1730162/page-43#post-28674690

Will try this new Bios 3.66 and report back my findings. Awesome support from Asrock releasing quick bug fixes and new Bios improvements really fast. Got to love when a company listen to it's customer ? .

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Taichi/#BIOS

With Beta bios 3.58 i was able to run 4600 cas14-13 flawlessly when tweaked right , but limited to 1.8v on ram. I tried to stabilize 4666 but was a no go as i think my ram needs more volts for that speed. will try to 4666Mhz with more volts on ram to see if it helps. Good times ahead :D

Yes after the vdimm patch you will need more vdimm for the same speed. I think the 1.8 limit bios overshot a bit and the patched over 1.8 bios undershoots a bit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*Feedback * on latest Bios 3.67 and Beta 3.80 - Hopefully there will be a new better and stable Bios , tested the Bios 3.80 but for me is unstable at uclk 1900 where in Bios Beta 3.58 works flawlesslyimage.gif.83582df7e1244a6c18536d0a8f3f8599.gif . This board should be capable of 2133 uclk as i have seen lower end boards do it on some  5xxx cpus. Still , the best Bios for me is Beta 3.58 but with only 1.80v for v.mem i cannot get really tight timings low cas , my mems need 1.88v min for tight 3800+Mhz cas 12 timings.

@mllrkllr88 and @Splave can you give this information and feedback to Asrock bios team , please ? Maybe they can release a better Bios and fix this issues that would help OCing uclk past the 1900 wall and more v.mem image.gif.3b8b526275fdca5291180e08d24692a5.gif , thank you amigos. So far i'm very impressed by the Board capabilities , love in it !

Edited by chispy

rumor has it there is an agesa to solve the fabric limits that will be public soon. the aqua runs a beta version of it and is ok 2133. It does not help on cold though, that version of agesa is more limiting on ln2. 1933 vs 1900 max for me on 5800x. should have update soon. have you tried 3.69? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chispy said:

Thank you for the information Allen ? , it brings hope for a great mobo already :D , that would be the icing on the cake. I have not try 3.69 , is not on the mobo support download page.

it doesnt fix fabric yet but its strong one in other regards

X570TC369.rar

Edited by Splave
  • Like 2

Allen 3.57 beta and 3.69 Beta offers more or less the same performance , nothing changed. I have not tried 3.80 Bios yet.

We need a Bios that can run windows 7 also as it black screens when entering the w7 OS and is Bios related. Hopefully Asrock bios team will come out with something better that give us 2000-2133 uclk / IF 1:1 + memory voltage over 1.80v + windows 7 OS support in Bios. ( All that is needed for extreme overclocking ). Thank you for all the help and guidance @Splave , let Nickshih and Asrock Bios team know about what we need in a new Bios please , appreciate it !

image.gif

7 hours ago, chispy said:

Allen 3.57 beta and 3.69 Beta offers more or less the same performance , nothing changed. I have not tried 3.80 Bios yet.

We need a Bios that can run windows 7 also as it black screens when entering the w7 OS and is Bios related. Hopefully Asrock bios team will come out with something better that give us 2000-2133 uclk / IF 1:1 + memory voltage over 1.80v + windows 7 OS support in Bios. ( All that is needed for extreme overclocking ). Thank you for all the help and guidance @Splave , let Nickshih and Asrock Bios team know about what we need in a new Bios please , appreciate it !

image.gif

Like I said before on another forum, for me 3.80 has smoother mem training than 3.69 @Splave, hope that new agesa will come out very soon, below is 32M plain run, plain OS, even not run at 5Ghz..

snaphsot0033.png

• Like 1