HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2011 thread: information, videos, comments and more ...

Massman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 mins to go in the nordic qualifiers with (weirdly) me in what I pretty non-humbly would call a big lead. Sex seconds on Nanok/Noxon in 32M and about 700 points in 3DM11. Can't imagine they haven't done better though. :)

Congrats, Mean Machine, you are our nemesis ;-)

Our gtx 580 CuII maxed out at 1273 core, so the Superpi 32M was just a "fail save" run, to say we tryed.

For those interested about MOA France; three teams are already qualfied online, we had to bench SuperPi 16M, Wprime1024M & MaxxMem on AMD 870 motherboard + Athlon II x2.

Tomorow we'll meet in a well known Computer Shop (Surcouf) in Paris to compete. Hardware will be MSI XPower + 990x ES + MSI HD6870 Hawk and three bench to discover. :)

Online qualification results/Live competitors qualified (so 3 teams) : http://images4.hiboox.com/images/1011/a8bbf1fb312f49228400679931614e90.jpg

Bye

p€p|n0r@ng

Edited by p€p|n0r@ng

So you are not yet qualified for the EU final?

No dude, I know it's bit complicated and my english don't help :D

- We've won the French "ONLINE QUALIFICATION".

- Two others teams have qualified.

- Tomorrow will be French "LIVE FINALS"

- The winner of tomorrow contest will be qualified for EU final.

If you ask me, it's just a nonsense, since there was 4 teams participating at online qualification, we've won it, and now we have to battle against same teams again minus one on live to qualify for EU finals. But hey, that's the way it is...

Bye

p€p|n0r@ng

Edited by p€p|n0r@ng

EMEA Finals will be held in Istanbul, right?

It's so nice, I wish someday Asia and European finals were held in the same place( I've never been in Europe, but I soo wanna go there, even only as spectator LOL :D :D )

Anyway, Back to the topic, I overheard some Info that MOA Asia (or Asia-pacific?) Final will be held in Jakarta,Indonesia, not sure what's the hardware and don;t know who's coming though...

( I do hope that Sandy Bridge isn't going to be used in our qualifier, unless they made special BIOS which limits the multiplier to 48 and use Pi 32M instead of Wprime32)

And whats up with Germany.. Poland.. Turkey? Haven't heard a thing about them..

We'll have a live competition next Friday. Two teams have been invited: ryba + Borko and Yotomeczek + me. Shame that it's invitation only, but at least they didn't just arbitrarily select someone for European finals...

We'll have a live competition next Friday. Two teams have been invited: ryba + Borko and Yotomeczek + me. Shame that it's invitation only, but at least they didn't just arbitrarily select someone for European finals...

It's a step in the right direction, at least :).

Tell them to contact me next year. Setting up an online qualifier is super-dooper easy.