HWBOT Community Forums

2D Benchmark proposal list for 2021

Leeghoofd

• Leeghoofd changed the title to 2D Benchmark proposal list for 2021

Pcmark? Never tried it, are they "safe" or will they scale immensively with super raid configs etc?

R15 will be missed, but I guess it is a little fast on current high end platforms. 

No idea how ycruncher works but it is AVX right? Needs lots of mem also? 

I would like to see some 3dmark cpu test added to globals. Sad that time spy does not really scale with core anymore cause it's a good mem intensive benchmark. 3d11 cpu is also good cpu/mem benchmark, maybe an option? Have been tried in competitions and works well. Time Spy Extreme cpu test could also be an option. 

• Confused 1

• Crew
27 minutes ago, TAGG said:

I don't like seeing a PCMark with globals, would assume that leads to the usual "Tweaks" sooner or later, other than that any reason for not giving any single core geekbench globals?

PCmark we are going with the Valid UL link, makes it more secure. Ow typo on my side, Geek4 should be be single core global yes, will change the excel asap

17 minutes ago, Rauf said:

Pcmark? Never tried it, are they "safe" or will they scale immensively with super raid configs etc?

As long as it is not ram disk , I don't see a problem there. Newer versions are more secure than the 05, plus we go with the VALIF UL verification link.

It is not light, was intended to be used during G.Skill Live this year. Will also be added in the BenchMate suite by Matt

I would like to see some 3dmark cpu test added to globals. Sad that time spy does not really scale with core anymore cause it's a good mem intensive benchmark. 3d11 cpu is also good cpu/mem benchmark, maybe an option? Have been tried in competitions and works well. Time Spy Extreme cpu test could also be an option. 

Henche why the Time Spy Extreme has been added, might also add Vantage as you proposed in the 3D thread Tobias

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rauf said:

One idea could be to move 3d05 to cpu benchmark list. It's way more fun than for example pifast, and requires some tweaking and mem oc. 

That is abolute no from me, i mean i don't care if you leave 05s globals, but it's still 3D bench since you need modern GPU to compete... Moving it to 2D just screws things up same reason for no globals for TS Physics, you allso need DX12 GPU there, right?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rauf said:

R15 will be missed, but I guess it is a little fast on current high end platforms. 

Pcm always scales very much with strong storage, even with ram cache. Just look at fugger's work lately lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rauf said:

It even uses avx512, 7800x is relevant again! But yes it loves mem bandwidth, on 3175x core was practically irrelevant. 1b needs about 5gb to itself, so probably a 6-8gb maxmem. Imho it's kinda tough cause on big bois it takes under 20s, but if we went up to 2.5b it would be way too much ram for smaller core counts.

If you want to compete for 10b hw pts you need as much ram as possible basically, bench uses over 40gb on its own. 

• Like 1

• Crew
8 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

Now pyprime was recently added and the dev trying to get it up to snuff, I suggest we leave it in beta as long as the dev keeps working on it. We need more singe thread benches

Plz keep me in the loop what gives. Mathbench will release v1.3 soon for betatesting.

• Like 1

Memory Frequency AND Reference Frequency should do globals no? I also liked seeing the old school boards do crazy high FSB. 

R15/R20/R23(Multi or SIngle) Globals fine by me. R15X HW Points. R11.5/2003 are meh, but maybe 11.5 HW points. 

wPrime 1024, SuperPi 32M, and PiFast should all retain Globals imo. 

Geek 3 and 4 Multi should have globals imo along with Geek4 Single retaining globals. 

Geekbench 5 multi and single for HW points until we can see how it performs. 

TSX Physics I think would be much better for globals over 03/05/06/11 Physics as it scales with Threads. 

Y-Cruncher I think we need to play around with what size works for Globals. 1B is starting to get fast with certain CPUs. Something maybe a touch bigger like 2.5B(is there such a thing). 10B would be fun to see globals, but its limited to very large memory setups(IE HEDT configs). 

Will add more thoughts later.

PCMark10 scales with Mhz MSDT

PCMark10 Extended scales with cores + Mhz HEDT (consider keeping) a 5950X passed me last night and I will take it back with Intel Monday.

When you retire benchmarks like RealBench, can you please leave the score boards(history) up? 

The SSD stuff was busted, took insane hardware to beat #2.  I posted up Octo E16's and quad Optanes.

Good to see changes, maybe a ticket/ticker front page when a WR broken.

Yos, I am not running ramdisks.  Strong disks and cache go so far as you know, it takes a well rounded machine and too much time to re run and tweak. 

I would like points and want more competition, I was passed last night by a 5950X and I will take it back Monday, Maybe Tuesday.

Edited by FUGGER

This is a much, much more balanced list of proposed changes than the 3D one imo. Removal of Maxxmem Read is welcome and addition of all flavours of Y-Cruncher is an excellent idea! I see some doubts about PCMark above but the reality of it is that it's such a long-running bench that I don't think it will impact the rankings that much.

Thanks for re-adding Pifast! ????? It really hurt that year when Pifast and SP1M were removed in one shot.

Edited by unityofsaints

16 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Exactly, am in awe of the raid arrays you pull out. Ram cache helps but still need fast disk, ram drive no need. 

Thanks,  I will show the new raid soon.  Waiting on confirmation on performance numbers are incorrect.  The driver relies heavily on caching by default.  500GB/s 4K randoms...