HWBOT Community Forums

3D Benchmark proposal list for 2021

Leeghoofd

proposal list looks good to me just get rid of Catzilla. It has not been supported for years and even when it was it was halfbaked. Enjoyed the ugly cats but a 3d bencher that messes you up even on the first load screen.... and the halfbaked uploader for the links...

Meanwhile maybe take in one of the real games benchers if there is any that does not rely on buying the gamer to get the scores.. Might get some interest from the gamer community to rank their hardware so they get into ocing.

• Like 2

01, 03, 05 are the the most influential bechmarks since long ago, lot of ppl who are here today entered to subzero cooling on those ones, I think you should not underestimate the emotional value of those old legacy stuffs. Of course it is killing the purpose of being a 3d bench, it is 2d long ago, but who cares, if you wish keep them as cpu benchmarks move to 2d category lol. However it gives you back nice memories and motivates you to still bench frankly speaking that would be the main goal of changing on the rules, no? I dont care about the new 4k-8k benchmarks, I'll run my fav bench anyway whenever it worth point or not, but if you support the will of the community it would be a nice thing. I'm with it should have all globals or neither, I like consistency.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Updated list looks good to me. 

Edit: had a thought. If we move points from gpupi 1b, would it not be better to give globals to the latest version (4 if that is coming). Makes no sense to start giving points to an old benchmark when there is a newer one out there. 

Edited by Rauf

• Crew
12 minutes ago, Rauf said:

Edit: had a thought. If we move points from gpupi 1b, would it not be better to give globals to the latest version (4 if that is coming). Makes no sense to start giving points to an old benchmark when there is a newer one out there. 

no ETA yet Tobias, it's coming when it's ready. Also will require some Beta testing too first...

20 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

no ETA yet Tobias, it's coming when it's ready. Also will require some Beta testing too first...

Ok, then maybe 3.3 in the meantime? Cuts computation time by one minute on 3090 it seems. A newer version and more efficiant use of hw should be better right?

2 hours ago, Achill3uS said:

01, 03, 05 are the the most influential bechmarks since long ago, lot of ppl who are here today entered to subzero cooling on those ones, I think you should not underestimate the emotional value of those old legacy stuffs. Of course it is killing the purpose of being a 3d bench, it is 2d long ago, but who cares, if you wish keep them as cpu benchmarks move to 2d category lol. However it gives you back nice memories and motivates you to still bench frankly speaking that would be the main goal of changing on the rules, no? I dont care about the new 4k-8k benchmarks, I'll run my fav bench anyway whenever it worth point or not, but if you support the will of the community it would be a nice thing. I'm with it should have all globals or neither, I like consistency.

I only started 2014 so have missed many years but i love getting old hardware and see what i can do with the various 2D, 3D old benchmarks as well as the learning of which OS works best going back to the Win XP era. Also to see that some Benchmarks seem to transition of 3d to more 2D simply based on new technology outrunning them so im all in favour of having new and old in the mix.   playing with 3 channel 1366 systems is equally fun as running new hardware.  Just wish the points were better when scores are good. For OC to be interesting for many people it can not be dependant on just having the latest hardware spending 3000 -5000 USD every year.

• Like 1

@NATA 58Nata no one said anything bad about the enthusiasts, chill :)

I think the enthusiast league, especially the top 20 is very competitive considering the cooling used. 

When you feel like making the jump to the apprentice, it's even more competitive to get to the top. So I dont understand your side, that no one cares about enthusiasts. 

Edited by George_o/c
  • Like 2

Guest Digg_de
4 hours ago, Matsglobetrotter said:

I only started 2014 so have missed many years but i love getting old hardware and see what i can do with the various 2D, 3D old benchmarks as well as the learning of which OS works best going back to the Win XP era. Also to see that some Benchmarks seem to transition of 3d to more 2D simply based on new technology outrunning them so im all in favour of having new and old in the mix.   playing with 3 channel 1366 systems is equally fun as running new hardware.  Just wish the points were better when scores are good. For OC to be interesting for many people it can not be dependant on just having the latest hardware spending 3000 -5000 USD every year.

Imagine there is something like Efficacy Points. ? Too complex to add i guess.

10 hours ago, Rauf said:

Updated list looks good to me. 

I think the point is that 1B is getting faster and faster, to the point that there is too much variance because it becomes it is a sub 1-second bench in some configurations.