HWBOT Community Forums

The official Superpi 32M AMD Zen Low Clock Challenge thread.

d0minat0r

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To me It's just "all in", including upcoming CPUs. It's not a real competition, more like exploring the limits, thus the 1 year lifespan.

It can be divided to sub-categories/stages, if there was some sort of a "official" ranking.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

To me It's just "all in", including upcoming CPUs. It's not a real competition, more like exploring the limits, thus the 1 year lifespan.

It can be divided to sub-categories/stages, if there was some sort of a "official" ranking.

Does it provide comp points and stuff? Personally I'd agree I like it being all in but I know generally comp legality goes by comp start date

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have provided some more details as a comment under the submission in question.

Don't think it is an intentional cheat and doesn't deserve bans or something like that, just doesn't belong to the LLC competition.

It would be plain stupid to still show the actual clock in cpuz if trying to deceive others.

It might be a simple mistake with setting 100.6 instead of 100.06 bclk, although I don't know what is the minimal step that Asus board allows.

Benchmate version used seems to be the same as in my test run, but for some reason doesn't show the maximum effective clock - might be due to different win10 build (older) or the benchmate build itself?

PS: The score is "impossible" with the claimed clocks, unless someone finds a magical tweak. Have to try newer agesa though, there might be slight improvement in performance.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed