HWBOT Community Forums

AMD RX 6900xt / 6800xt / 6800 Overclocking tweaks , tricks and mods.

chispy

3 hours ago, Rauf said:

Biggest issue is actually powerlimit, not clocks. Even if we already can push 3000mhz on these cards it is very much a balancing game where it's very easy to loose performance. Even if we have seen some strong 3000mhz runs, I think a "proper" 3000mhz run with say a 1000w power limit... It would be a whole other performance level.

Wish amd would do a xoc bios. 

XOC bios would be a heaven sent ? , no power limits would be awesome !. Since amd is letting his tight grip down , let's hope something good comes in the not so distant near future.

• Like 2

On 8.1.2021 at 23:30, chispy said:

Ich habe eine ASRock 6900xt-Nichtreferenzplatine von newegg und teile Bilder der nackten Platine, da im Internet keine Bilder verfügbar sind:   http://www.asrock.com/Graphics-Card/AMD/Radeon RX 6900 XT Phantomspiel D 16G OC /

ASRock Radeon RX 6900 XT PHANTOM SPIEL D - Benutzerdefinierte Leiterplattenbilder meines 6900xt (jeder kann diese Bilder für den persönlichen Gebrauch verwenden, da ich keine Bilder davon gesehen oder gefunden habe, meine eigenen Bilder.)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5htmfmv8ac3w0l3/Infineon-Market_news_DCDC_Multiphase_XDPE132G5C-ATI-v01_00-EN.pdf/file

20201230_205902.jpg

20201230_205529.jpg

20201225_023832.jpg

20201225_023859.jpg

20201230_205806.jpg

20201230_205829.jpg

I have order the same card is this Good card ? 

or better send back ?

I want Later time Water cooling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chispy said:

Ja, es ist eine sehr gute Karte. Ich kann es zu 100% empfehlen. Mach es  ?  und genieße es!

I have See the card have no LC-Filter and many missing Components when i see Any another Cards.

I hope i have Good card.

When i have 2,5-2,7ghz i am Happy.

* Update*

Just as we found out earlier on the release date of this graphics cards , indeed the AMD artificial limits of clocks speeds , power limit and voltages is exactly what was holding back this video cards.  Extreme overclock Legend @der8auer proved this by running an unlocked  6900xt Red Devil Ultimate to an insane 3225Mhz on the core on a quick ln2 bench session. Huge thank you to Roman for taking the time to test this and proved what we earlier tought about AMD  bad desision to lock down this cards so hard limiting the Core and memory clocks as well as a very low power limit impose as well as voltages.

Head on over to youtube @der8auer channel and see the monster WR fastest core clocks ever achieved on a graphics card , 3225Mhz on a quick liquid nitrogen bench session wish left him wanting more ? , he will mod the card and add the @elmor evc2 controller to try and reach even higher clocks speed on his next video. Well done and it's a huge achievement. He will share the unlocked Bios later and we will check if it can be flash to other 6900xt video cards as there is a new tool that enable flashing the RX 6xxx video cards under windows , directly and fresh from techpowerup , newly released AMD VBFlash Tool version 3.15 and it can be found and download here - https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

618782313_6900xtwr.png

Edited by chispy
  • Like 4

On 4/22/2021 at 2:15 PM, NoMS said:

I tried a couple of Bios from the new 6900 xtxh  video cards Red devil ultimate  , and none will flash to my Asrock Phantom Gaming 6900xt as i get id missmatch. Not possible on my 6900xt :/

Edited by chispy
  • Sad 1

I'm testing the Liquid Devil Ultimate, but unfortunately, I have no scaling on cold, 2700min and 2800max 2100mem Fast timings is my wall,  on Liquid cooling and the same at SS (-40), Cascade (-95) or LN2 (CB at -103C)

So count the luck of the draw before buying it, at least set the expectation right, you may end up with a great liquid cooling card, I got the 3Dmark 5th position super easy in Firestrike Extreme, but for this one is the end of the line.

Tomorrow I will have another here and repeat the test, I will also use the EVC2 to tinker a bit more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max-Hardware_Numb3rs said:

Got the same issues with the second card, but a CBB at around -80C, CB still around -100C, it seems the power limit is the issue even on this "unleashed" card, I will keep tinkering, maybe with the EVC2 I have more chance to improve.

That has been the same issue for all of us benching this card bro.  Power limit is what holding this cards back all the time , see Rauf post on page 1.   Definitely evc2 is the way to go on this cards , good luck amigo and post back your results and findings.

Edited by chispy

19 hours ago, chispy said:

That has been the same issue for all of us benching this card bro.  Power limit is what holding this cards back all the time , see Rauf post on page 1.   Definitely evc2 is the way to go on this cards , good luck amigo and post back your results and findings.

EVC2 efficiency is far better so far, but I keep to not scaling with cold in frequency over 2800 max clock, is going to be a tough battle, but we like when is challenging right? :D 

I will write here my findings along the way when I discover something useful

• Like 1

So far my exp with the 6900XT Red Devil Ultimate(XTXH core) on air is:

Raising min clock too much tanks both FPS and stability.

Mem clock significantly above 2150 causes performance loss. Major artifacting and black screens at 2250. (I'd guess this can clear up with more Vmem, VDDCI or VSOC depending on where in the chain the errors are coming from)

Even with the 1.2V limit you'll want at least a 410W power limit for FSE.

So far I've just been using a power play table with a 511W power limit based on the 6900XT OCF BIOS.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, buildzoid said:

So far my exp with the 6900XT Red Devil Ultimate(XTXH core) on air is:

Raising min clock too much tanks both FPS and stability.

Mem clock significantly above 2150 causes performance loss. Major artifacting and black screens at 2250. (I'd guess this can clear up with more Vmem, VDDCI or VSOC depending on where in the chain the errors are coming from)

Even with the 1.2V limit you'll want at least a 410W power limit for FSE.

So far I've just been using a power play table with a 511W power limit based on the 6900XT OCF BIOS.

Thank you so much @buildzoid for your feedback , input and experience with 6900xtxh , really appreciate it ?

My experiance with the XTXH are the same as buildzoid. I have the watercooled Ultimate but my card is stable with the 100mhz step between the min and max clock.  But i tried nearly everything to get the memory more stable past 2150 mhz. The only thing i found was to increase the minimum soc voltage up to 950mv in the powertable. My memory wasn't even stable at 2130 mhz with fast timings and with the increase of the min Soc make its stable up to 2155 with fast timings, higher min voltage gave me no better results. With more powertool from igor it's no problem to edit the powertable.

My experiance with flashing the xtxh to xtx cards ends in a non working card, and i had to flash it with a programmer.

Crossfire with a XTXH and XTX Card did not work for benching Timespy.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for sharing your findings.  @L!ME Tx.

Another xtxh rx 6900xt is coming this time from Gygabite - RX 6900 XT AORUS Xtreme WaterForce WB wish is based on Navi 21-XTXH silicon.

Sources: https://www.techpowerup.com/281907/gigabyte-radeon-rx-6900-xt-aorus-xtreme-waterforce-wb-pictured-based-on-xtxh-silicon  and https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-preparing-radeon-rx-6900-xt-aorus-xtreme-waterforce-wb

lgvCc7AjCbLRhWWJ.jpg

hi guys, so i finally got my rig up and running.  i ll just post what i have so far. will be running a lot of tests in weeks to come especially when i get the custom waterblock from once i receive it. just ran it out of the box since it took me almost all week troubleshooting the 5800x. i read on the first page about someone getting the xfx but nothing yet. so i ll gladly share my findings with my xfx black edition. 

cheers guys!

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/61603327

JUST.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 8:30 PM, L!ME said:

My experiance with the XTXH are the same as buildzoid. I have the watercooled Ultimate but my card is stable with the 100mhz step between the min and max clock.  But i tried nearly everything to get the memory more stable past 2150 mhz. The only thing i found was to increase the minimum soc voltage up to 950mv in the powertable. My memory wasn't even stable at 2130 mhz with fast timings and with the increase of the min Soc make its stable up to 2155 with fast timings, higher min voltage gave me no better results. With more powertool from igor it's no problem to edit the powertable.

My experiance with flashing the xtxh to xtx cards ends in a non working card, and i had to flash it with a programmer.

the reason behind that within the bios there is a line of code that references a vrm that the xtx does not physically have. its actually a safety feature that was implemented. not for your safety but to ensure you buy the xtxh =p.  i forgot where i read it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Waffl3Ninja said:

hi guys, so i finally got my rig up and running.  i ll just post what i have so far. will be running a lot of tests in weeks to come especially when i get the custom waterblock from once i receive it. just ran it out of the box since it took me almost all week troubleshooting the 5800x. i read on the first page about someone getting the xfx but nothing yet. so i ll gladly share my findings with my xfx black edition. 

cheers guys!

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/61603327

JUST.jpg

Thanks for posting. Looking forward to your results and findings ?

On 5/7/2021 at 9:30 AM, L!ME said:

Thanks for the tips. Would it be possible for you to write about the flashing procedure ? Did you use windows or Linux , command line or flashed within windows , wish version of amd vb flash work for you ? . Appreciate it your input.

Talking with some of my sources in the industry it seems this new xtx-h chips is a refesh of the 6900xt to combat the inminent release of the rtx 3080Ti and to place it against rtx 3090 perfromance wise. This will be the highest end amd gpu offer until next amd generation is release in ~ Q4  2022. 

Another new release 6900xtx-h based gpu was released today. Welcome the  New ROG Strix LC Radeon RX 6900 XT TOP T16G , based on the new xtx-h chip by amd , with an insane 2525Mhz boost clock.

source - https://www.techpowerup.com/282107/asus-unveils-rog-strix-lc-radeon-rx-6900-xt-top-t16g-based-on-xtxh-silicon-2525mhz-boost

6bYzI0iWlyzJaFW4.jpg

• Like 1