HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT GEEKBENCH RULES DISCUSSION THREAD

Leeghoofd

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Crew

Seems indeed pretty dramatic that one out of 4 subs does not have a link as stated in the rules for all submissions from the 1st of January 2021.

I'm reporting all of the ones without a validaiton link, even the ones with the link visible in the browser. I can not retype everything myself, will take me easily over 4 hours to wade through Geek 3 Multi so its either up to the Team Captain or the user to correct.

I was not informed as one person mentioned before that since when a verification link was needed I was not informed, I think you should change the way in which users are aware of the new rules because not everyone spends 24 hours in HWBOT to find out if there is change or use a method for users to know when they will make those changes and also be partial when blocking because I was reviewing and it is not my duty to denounce who but many do not have link as requested, so I hope everything is improving for the good of every user of HWBOT.

• Thanks 1

• Crew

The "new" rules were announced when we introduced the new simplified format dating back to the beginning of the year.

Jan 01, 2021: New rules format release - Version 3.4.4 or newer only -Verification link required

Jan 01, 2020: Full desktop screenshot (no more clipping)

Oct 27, 2013: Initial release

If you don't check them before benching you will get surprises like this... 

I don't think surprises if they change the rules all the time it is the duty of the admin to have a way to inform, I don't care if they take away those results, they should just have a better way to inform since they are reviewing rules before uploading tests, and if they don't do it, they are satisfied.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, masterbitz said:

they should just have a better way to inform since they are reviewing rules

Won't really help. I knew of that change and still was surprised today when my teammate dm'ed me with WTF - I just forgot of that change in rules as Geek was never my passion (yet I confirm to know that new rule before and I know the reasons/drama behind that change). 

So, as Leeg writes, RTFM check rules before you bench. Actually, had an issue of not reading rules 2 days ago - wasn't careful submitting for mem stage of teamcup and forgot SPD tab. But rules are rules.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just saw Geekbench 6 is listed as a beta benchmark so benched it on my laptop out of curiousity. There is no longer a cheap license for 9.95$ or whatever, just the Pro version for 99$. I ran without a license, it's no longer limited to 32-bit like previous versions so that's good but it doesn't have a benchmark window pop up with the results of the score at the end of the run anymore, just the website. How would the rules work for this? It would mean the rig needs to be online to get a score. Also saving of results files doesn't seem to be supported.

18 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

Just saw Geekbench 6 is listed as a beta benchmark so benched it on my laptop out of curiousity. There is no longer a cheap license for 9.95$ or whatever, just the Pro version for 99$. I ran without a license, it's no longer limited to 32-bit like previous versions so that's good but it doesn't have a benchmark window pop up with the results of the score at the end of the run anymore, just the website. How would the rules work for this? It would mean the rig needs to be online to get a score. Also saving of results files doesn't seem to be supported.

Afaik only v3 was limited to 32-bit, but there is a simple workaround for that ?

I never had a pro-version and it always opens a browser window with the scores, offline never worked for non-pro versions.

3 hours ago, wutske said:

Afaik only v3 was limited to 32-bit, but there is a simple workaround for that ?

I never had a pro-version and it always opens a browser window with the scores, offline never worked for non-pro versions.

The difference being that I paid 9.99$ for Geekbench 5 but 6 is 99$! I know there's inflation but this is insane pricing from Primatelabs ?

• Like 3

• 3 months later...