HWBOT Community Forums

700 FSB masters please come in, I need some help

6 hours ago, ground said:

Have you tried any of the really low end gigabyte p45 boards too? I wonder if they can get anywhere close to 700 as well...

I think UD3L board may have a chance, as long as it has the key BIOS options we can tweak. Still, we need to find good NB more than good CPU. Will try at next stage.

4 hours ago, ludek said:

I had once gigaboom GA EP45 UD3LR. I have done 624 mhz fsb on my old old e8200 c0 stepping, all air. I was very proud, but have no validation, only screen. It was back in 2009 or 2010, when I was starting my fascination on OC. It was before I found hwbot (polish overclock site with only screenshot to validate)

Wytiwx, thanks for sharing the knowledge!

Edit:

I have found this! LINK
it was 1.7 Volt, stock NB AIR cooling :)

Good job, man, and nice to see you.

• Crew
10 hours ago, wytiwx said:

can do SuperPi 1M @ 6.40GHz but low efficiency

Gigabyte P45 is not about efficiency :)

I think you need MCHbar editing for speed. But this is what makes them clock nice.

1 hour ago, wytiwx said:

tried mchbar edition but saw littile progress on mem bandwith or super pi

I've been playing with my board the last two days, and I can say that the MCHBar is loose on the -UD3 boards as well as the -Extreme(s). So it is definitely doable to squeeze some efficiency out of them. Probably 4-5s at least in 32M. Might give is a spin on 32M 4GHz LCC for funsies.

Edit: not sure high fsb 1T is possible though, I set 1T at 640MHz and OS froze.

Edited by Noxinite
1 hour ago, Noxinite said:

I've been playing with my board the last two days, and I can say that the MCHBar is loose on the -UD3 boards as well as the -Extreme(s). So it is definitely doable to squeeze some efficiency out of them. Probably 4-5s at least in 32M. Might give is a spin on 32M 4GHz LCC for funsies.

Edit: not sure high fsb 1T is possible though, I set 1T at 640MHz and OS froze.

Perhaps I edited the HEX value at the wrong mchbar address, I need to study that topic about strap tweaks.

• Like 1