HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Maximus XIII Apex

1 hour ago, IvanCupa said:

Anyone here gode '63' code problem on M13A?

Got M13A sample from Asus Rep here in my country for a review. 1st board stuck in 63 code after 1st cold session. Try to flash with BIOS Flashback, no go. Even using EVC2SX for SPI flash.

Short story, board got replaced. But the board replacement have same code 63 issue out of the box!
So I think this isn't isolated issue.
Now this 2nd board still alive by flashing it into 0903 BIOS via BIOS Flashback.
But with this repeated issue, IDK for how long it's alive.
It somewhat give me a trauma, not like the retail board that comes with warranty, this is a sample board, didn't & can't be repaired by Asus here.

I just want to know if anyone has got same problem? Or anyone know the cause & solution?

Is it has something to do with board (PCB) revision if any (In case any different retail & sample board)?

Bad BIOS flash / BIOS chip & corrupted ME? Or can be physical damage? I didn't notice any physical damage on the board, though.

Many thanks! ??
@noizemaker@safedisk

Are you trying to boot with gpu installed or no?

Had the same post code on my first retail board I had. Thought the board was bricked as well, so replaced with Newegg. Got the second board in and did the exact same thing. Stupid strange thing is I noticed I was trying to boot both boards without vga installed. Got 63 post on both every time without vga, but both ended up posting fine when I put in discrete gpu. 

I can actually replicate it and get it stuck on 63 every time without a gpu. But it works completely fine with one installed. Weirdest thing ever, but maybe can be a help.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AKM said:

Are you trying to boot with gpu installed or no?

Had the same post code on my first retail board I had. Thought the board was bricked as well, so replaced with Newegg. Got the second board in and did the exact same thing. Stupid strange thing is I noticed I was trying to boot both boards without vga installed. Got 63 post on both every time without vga, but both ended up posting fine when I put in discrete gpu. 

I can actually replicate it and get it stuck on 63 every time without a gpu. But it works completely fine with one installed. Weirdest thing ever, but maybe can be a help.

Weird indeed, I've been trying with / without GPU.
I even change the CPU into CML 10900K. Bcoz I thought is ME issue. I think change it to CML will trigger something / detection different CPU on ME. But it's still got 63.

Is any VGA LED error turned on on Q-LED?
I'd heard someone got the VGA LED Error lights up when got 63. But in my both board isn't.

This second board get alive just with flashing to 0903 via BIOS Flashback.
Anyway thanks for sharing ?, so it is indeed not an isolated issue. Still don't know what the cause.

23 hours ago, GTI-R said:

PLL Termination Voltage
DMI Voltage
CorePLL Voltage
Should I just set these low?

I just set PLL Term & Standby low, like 1.05v. Is enough.
Save & exit, turn off the system, set LN2 jumper to Enable. But I suggest you don't use safeboot / clear CMOS when LN2 jumper is enabled, on air. In my case it's locks up the system, didn't pass the POST / stuck & restart.
BCoz high standby voltage applied by LN2 Mode I think.

If you want to set manually low DMI, core PLL & PLL Bandwidth it's okay too.

@endpunkt Maybe you can try G.Skill 4800c20 or the 5066 bins ones.

Edited by IvanCupa
  • Thanks 2

On 6/12/2021 at 12:59 PM, IvanCupa said:

Weird indeed, I've been trying with / without GPU.
I even change the CPU into CML 10900K. Bcoz I thought is ME issue. I think change it to CML will trigger something / detection different CPU on ME. But it's still got 63.

Is any VGA LED error turned on on Q-LED?
I'd heard someone got the VGA LED Error lights up when got 63. But in my both board isn't.

This second board get alive just with flashing to 0903 via BIOS Flashback.
Anyway thanks for sharing ?, so it is indeed not an isolated issue. Still don't know what the cause.

If you use non uefi graphics card, try wait until system is restarted and try csm automatically, because first boot is without csm enabled.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GTI-R said:

I switched the LN2 mode jumper.
BIOS won't boot, code 18 or 20.
Clearing the CMOS doesn't help.
Is there any way to fix this?
I put the jumper back in and it boots.

Hey

In LN2 mode, 2 voltage settings are need

PLL Term 1.05 and CPU Standby 1.05

First change in normal mode and change to LN2 mode

Edited by safedisk

On 7/13/2021 at 9:16 AM, safedisk said:

still not booting at 4800 bdie SR on M13H, still impossible to set 1t in gear 1 with DR kit ... i just want to put fire on this board

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GTI-R said:

So there's no solution.

I think what Safedisk is trying to say is this .  .  .

First change PLL Term  to 1.05v and CPU Standby to 1.05v while in normal mode
Save and Exit, re-enter the bios then power down
Move LN2 jumper from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3 to change to LN2 mode
Power back on and enter bios to check if LN2 mode is active

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GTI-R said:

I can't even put it in LN2 mode.
ASUS, I want my money back!!!!

Hey reply was late. Sorry

I already told you how to use ln2 mode on aio cooler

Other users have no problems with the same method

First, set the PLL Term voltage and CPU Standby voltage to 1.05v in normal mode. When bios in after save and exit, turn off the power and change to ln2 mode

For superpi 0070 bios best

Thanks

Edited by safedisk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 3:15 AM, Vertex_FR said:

okay, My bad... just used files in first thread and XP work

Hi Vartex, had the same issue after installing all files format 128gb ssd first boot getting 0x000000A5 using ogs acpi on first page apex xiii. did you end up using the same acpi ? testing bios 0070 with csm enabled 

Thanks

zarok

On 10/27/2021 at 10:23 PM, safedisk said:

Flashed my mobo with 1202 bios and turbov core freezes my os if try to change settings while running lesser than 8 cores. 

It happens with other OS as well, you know why is that?