HWBOT Community Forums

Country Cup 2021 Planning Thread

yosarianilives

Not that I think they'd necessarily be part of the "optimal" set in any given stage as they stand at the moment, but it would be interesting to see how/if they'd affect that y-cruncher 2.5B stage. I figure the "optimal" set of subs would be something like 7350K, 5300G/5350G (forgot it was an Intel cpu only stage, but point somewhat still stands), 11600K, 9920X/10920X. It would be interesting to see if some random LGA 3647 Xeon could throw a wrench into things. Was just kind of curious, but not necessarily asking for them to be allowed in any given spot.

Edited by yee245

4 hours ago, Chilli-Man said:

^^this. I was looking forward to seeing all the 8ghz subs

4 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

Please change back the CPU Frequency stage from AM4 to DDR3, would be a great opportunity for new benchers to get their 8 GHz club membership ?

I'll say I'd love to have a 32M Super PI stage with FX setup so others can have a shot at a valid 8Ghz+ run too.
Only four guys total have ever done it, myself being one but I know others out there are capable too. I can see such a stage providing the opportunity to at least try so let 'em go for it, score some points and just have fun while taking on the challenge of getting it done if they can.

BTW CPU frequency runs are good too.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I assume the frequency limits apply to both core/cache? Probably a good idea to state that if so.

Edit: is "unique processors" different from "unique processor cores"? Or does "unique processor cores" mean unique number of processor cores, in which case disabling cores might be a good idea to put in the rules.

Edited by Noxinite

7 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

They can, both the CPU and the GPU version.

10 hours ago, Noxinite said:

I didn't think IGPUs could run GPUPI?

Intel igpu can technically do it since Skylake, although it is hilariously slow. Amd igp can probably do it since gcn was used at least. Renoir and cezanne should do pretty well.