HWBOT Community Forums

Overclock.net strikes again in Team Cup 2021

moi_kot_lybit_moloko

Well, I cant say I haven't enjoy it. I had quite a lot time to bench and always team cups and Country cups for me are the best oppotunities to gather hw and friends around to meet, exchange ideas, tips and bench as much as possible as one team. Well done to all participated!
  • Like 1

I will ask the HWBOT Administration to change the TEXT of this Announcement. In which the team - "Team of Not Exact in Round", which took 3rd place from - Belarus, is approved. This distorts reality and provides false information. This is not a team from Belarus!, look at the participants and the countries where they are registered. This is the First. Second - I think it is necessary to amend the HWBUT Rules for choosing the flag and the name of the Country of the team. In my opinion if 70% of the participants or more are residents of one country, and the rest 30% are residents of other countries (one or more) - they have the Right to choose the flag and the name of the Country where most of the participants are registered. Otherwise - It is NOT ALLOWED to change the flag and name of the country! Max1024 - The Captain of Belarus eXtreme Team
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Scott said:

I always thought you were not allowed to change teams or exchange members after the comp has started anyway.

Not primarily talking about this team either.

What happened in our country is not fucking funny. We did not participate in the competition, not because we did not want to, but because other problems.

• Like 4

• Crew

This team sports the Belarus flag..  So am I to blame for the choice of preference? ...  I fail to comprehend this mumbo jumbo, an ultimate low has been reached once more... Neither do I care bout politics or other real life issues you all have... If you want to change the flag then do it 

belarus.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gumanoid said:

What happened in our country is not fucking funny. We did not participate in the competition, not because we did not want to, but because other problems.

13 minutes ago, max1024 said:

Mr.Scott

Imagine that Antarctica wins in the Country Cap 2021, or most teams choose its country -> USA, but that doesn't make the USA the winner.  They don't joke with such things. Its serious question.

I wasn't joking.

My post was not meant any other way than I wrote it.

It was about changing teams and exchanging members after the comp has started. That's all. I couldn't care less what country it was or what it's name is.

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Like 2

I am not against associations, moving to other teams, forever or during the competition, but RULES ARE NECESSARY! Without this, there is chaos, and there has been enough chaos here lately. Even from the point of simple logic, it is not correct to take the name of another country if there is not a single participant there! And the mention of this kind of text in the news, about the participants' belonging to a certain country, generally discredits the resource as a distributor of inaccurate information.
For the future, this needs to be decided, either to remove the COUNTRIES and national flags altogether, leaving only the name of the team, or to amend the Rules, the right to choose the flag goes to the team captain. If the symbolism and the name of the country are not used in a parvenous manner - a ban or something like this. Everyone is proud of their countries and flags, and there is no need to make jokes out of it. This is insulting to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

TeamCup is over, drama keeps flowing.

About flag... I'll tell the story from our team's point of view. We were faced with multiple misconceptions regarding our country selection and name of our team. We had gotten a lot of hate from different CIS communities during TC for our name during competition (USSR_OVER) and our country selection. 

Firstly, we created a team with no country specified, but faced a problem: we couldn`t compete in regional ranking (not relevant to TC) at all. So we decided to pick a team based on our team composition - Russia. That generated drama, so we switched to Kazakhstan, and then to Ukraine. That got us more drama, so we switched to another CIS country, which we considered as a neutral choice. We changed national flag to unique one, to limit connections with selected country. Since we mitigated all the initial drama, we were convinced that this choice was truly neutral and did not offend anybody.

For our representation we consider ourselves as an international OC team. We changed name of our team after the end of competition. No drama included, end of story. No politics whatsoever. We didn't want to hurt anyone.

Edited by denvys5
minor addition
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Max1024, it looks like the only thing you worry about is Not_Exact moved your team to second place in Belarus. 

You just can't instruct other people how they identify themselves. We chose Belarus and everyone in our team was happy with that selection. 

I can select Belarus for personal ranking too, having some roots there. And you have no chance to dictate me if i should be in Team Russia (oh, I'm citizen of Kazakhstan, how dare I?) or choose the flag. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Max1024, it looks like the only thing you worry about is Not_Exact moved your team to second place in Belarus. 

TerraRaptor

Are you healthy at all? What the hell are you talking about! read my first post! Now all the media will write nonsense thanks to your stupidity! I asked to change the text in the news - REMOVE the country and team affiliation from the TEXT! and to solve this issue by setting the rules for the future, this is that this nonsense will not happen again, since everyone here respects and honors the rules. 

11 minutes ago, max1024 said:

nonsense

Nonsense is trying to force someone to change self-identification. 

PS. Ты мне расскажи, что плохого в том, что белорусский флаг на 3 месте? И неужели россияне, украинцы и казахстанцы не могут испытывать достаточно теплые чувства к Беларуси, чтобы не выступить под ее флагом? Может на спортивных мероприятиях тогда за белорусов нам с флагами Беларуси нельзя на стадионах быть? Ты ведешь себя как истеричка - и это ревность, а не забота о репутации страны. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Dear TerraRaptor you are showing disrespect to the public again.
This is an English-language resource, you should not write in national languages (I do not teach you, I suggest, I think many will agree with me on this), this is at least inappropriate and causes discomfort for readers. If everyone writes here in their own language, there will be chaos, this is not a rule - but common sense and ethical norms. Let's respect each other.
But I will still answer your first question (I will translate it for the rest: “Tell me, what's wrong with the Belarusian flag being in 3rd place?”) My answer - Any place, phenomenon, event MUST be Honored. There is no need to substitute concepts and meaning, there is nothing bad if the Belarusian flag and the mention of the Country are in third place, But it Should be Deserved!

With this I will conclude this useless discussion with you.

• Sad 1