Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 APEX | APEX 14


noizemaker

Recommended Posts

Ciao ragazzi, sono nuovo.. vorrei domandare se qualcuno di voi ha le seguenti ram ddr5 montate su apex Z690 ( F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RS ) ( cpu i9 12900k con versione bios 1101 ) purtroppo non riesco a impostarle con profili XMP che siano 1 o 2 danno sempre errori su occt e su memtest.. va tutto bene soltanto in modalità auto non riscontrando errori. sapete darmi consigli ? grazie in anticipo !

20220120_130855 (1).jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, IM-LUDWIG said:

Ciao ragazzi, sono nuovo.. vorrei domandare se qualcuno di voi ha le seguenti ram ddr5 montate su apex Z690 ( F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RS ) ( cpu i9 12900k con versione bios 1101 ) purtroppo non riesco a impostarle con profili XMP che siano 1 o 2 danno sempre errori su occt e su memtest.. va tutto bene soltanto in modalità auto non riscontrando errori. sapete darmi consigli ? grazie in anticipo !

20220120_130855 (1).jpg

Quale Bios hai su ? 

Quando carichi il profilo xmp prova ad impostare manualmente tRFC intorno ai 460~480, nelle Samsung che ho io non è stabile se provo ad abbassare il valore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 11:08 AM, Frenzi3d said:

I have 2 Z690 APEX
the first board have a maximum boot at 6200Mhz on DIMM_A & 6400Mhz on DIMM_B
And the second board have a maximum boot at 7000Mhz on DIMM_A & 7400Mhz on DIMM_B
Both motherboards are boot tested via Ram T-Force Delta 6400Mhz.

I think some boards are actually having issues with RAM slots.

Same problem here with my board. Dimm_b is way better, but not a problem because dual dim works fine.

Edited by Zarok77
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zarok77 said:

Same problem here with my board. Dimm_b is way better. 

I tried another board yesterday. My first board failed. Ran some ycruncha and the next day it lost all functionality.

 

This second board does 6800 DimmA           7200 Dimm B

Had 2 sticks running 6800

 

SN-MBMCFM001444M2Y

Man. date 11-2021

 

I will try a UnifyX soon. Id really like if I could run both sticks at 7200

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zarok77 said:

Same problem here with my board. Dimm_b is way better. 

It´s always been like this. It´s much harder for the imc to rund slot A, so if your speed is limited to 6800 in slot A, thats your IMC´s limit not the board. I can run 7800mhz in slot B on air and 7200 slot A. Sp101 12900k on water. The first cpu i had could do 6800 max in A. ( SP91). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2022 at 11:02 PM, splmann said:

Wow what Voltages you are using for that ? 

I'm curious to know what kind of voltage is being used, too... I suspect it's not as much as I would presume it to be but it's hard to know since I see a lot of conflicting discussion on voltage and Hynix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

I'm curious to know what kind of voltage is being used, too... I suspect it's not as much as I would presume it to be but it's hard to know since I see a lot of conflicting discussion on voltage and Hynix.

Looks like Dumo is running 1.67v on samsung. thats what I can see in his SS. I wasnt havent any luck with samsung on the apex.  im now on hynix. im dumping 1.65v into the  hynix sticks sticks. mem con 1.39v

 

6600 c30 2t ycruncha  hynix

 

7000 c30 2t light loads pi xtu etc both at 1.65v hynix

 

im using Dumo's 1st 2nd and 3rds. I had to change all the "1" values to 2 in regards to 3rds.

 

0086

 

may give the samsung another go. even 7k c32 is a nice place to be on samsung

 

im on 12700kf. im wondering in 12900k imc is just a bit stronger. i cant get 7200 going

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello.

I am using Z690 apex board together with Gskill 6000mhz cl36 memory which is a Samsung one. I cant get this combo to be stable really. I tried running it on Jedec , both XMP 1 and 2, both Samsung memory presets and manually typing in latencies. I also played with voltages but nothing relly make it stable, closest I got is XMP 1 and profile with 32,35,35,52 latencies. They passed memtest, but will fail in aida stability after 1 or 2 minutes. Once the system BSOD so bad that on reboot it displayed code 55 and I had to remove stcks and put them back to post again. Did anyone even achived 24/7 stability with this memory. I do not want overclocking beyond xmp values. I just want it to work. I also noticed many unofficial bioses aviable here. I wanna to know which one is best for this ram to make it work as it should. Does anyone know if Samsung support for this board will ever improve or is it my best bet to try and got it replaced with Gskill 6000Mhz cl40 with Hynix chips ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ajinta1 said:

Hello.

 

I am using Z690 apex board together with Gskill 6000mhz cl36 memory which is a Samsung one. I cant get this combo to be stable really. I tried running it on Jedec , both XMP 1 and 2, both Samsung memory presets and manually typing in latencies. I also played with voltages but nothing relly make it stable, closest I got is XMP 1 and profile with 32,35,35,52 latencies. They passed memtest, but will fail in aida stability after 1 or 2 minutes. Once the system BSOD so bad that on reboot it displayed code 55 and I had to remove stcks and put them back to post again. Did anyone even achived 24/7 stability with this memory. I do not want overclocking beyond xmp values. I just want it to work. I also noticed many unofficial bioses aviable here. I wanna to know which one is best for this ram to make it work as it should. Does anyone know if Samsung support for this board will ever improve or is it my best bet to try and got it replaced with Gskill 6000Mhz cl40 with Hynix chips ?

 

Try 0086

if it does not fix your problem, try to buy a new apex and test it then RMA your old board.

I have had this problem before, my old board had a bad dram slot, so I have bought a new apex and it fixed all of my problems.

Edited by Frenzi3d
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, thanks for the bios, I loaded it up and for now at least on stock settings things work. Ajida stress test was before never stable for more than 2 minutes now it was for 20. I think this might actually solve my trubles. I will test with XMP1 next. System also in general fells kinda snappier than it had before.

 

Screenshot (158).jpg

Edited by Ajinta1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saddly it crashed again at XMP1. I called a technitian at the shop where I bougt the ram and board, he told me they have tons of people that have truble running high speedy DDR5 and that bios updates might help. He said that he had similar symptoms where sometimes bios update in future might help or cpu controller simply cant deal with such a load. He offered me to borrow a kingston 5200mhz memory kit that is one of most compatible ones around and if that doesnt work than we will go to board and cpu. Currently I removed one stick so I can use the computer and will post on what happenes next. Does anyone have any thought if Samsung Gskill 6000 cl36 will get validated for Apex or if any bios updates are coming ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 12:05 AM, Ajinta1 said:

Saddly it crashed again at XMP1. I called a technitian at the shop where I bougt the ram and board, he told me they have tons of people that have truble running high speedy DDR5 and that bios updates might help. He said that he had similar symptoms where sometimes bios update in future might help or cpu controller simply cant deal with such a load. He offered me to borrow a kingston 5200mhz memory kit that is one of most compatible ones around and if that doesnt work than we will go to board and cpu. Currently I removed one stick so I can use the computer and will post on what happenes next. Does anyone have any thought if Samsung Gskill 6000 cl36 will get validated for Apex or if any bios updates are coming ?

hello

sorry! Have you tried a new version of the bios?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My problems are all gone now…After I got the Kingston RAM issue of not booting with both sticks was still present, so I went ahead to diassasemble my hardline costum loop getting redy to take the board to my shop, but when I removed the cpu I spoted a small spec of dust inside…I only see it couse one of the socket pins was not shining the same as others, I took a scalpel as I am a modeler and removed it. It actually blocked a pin to not contact the cpu. I put the machine back and since than it works flawlessly. I needed to modify XMP 1 to be fully memtest stable by bumping memory voltages a little to 1.35 from 1.3 and than I aplieed the 6000mhz CL32,35,35 asus profile which worked but only with command rate 2. And yes I did install the last beta bios and with it N1 command rate with asus profile is stable…memtest passed and 3 days of normal usage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ajinta1 said:

I just want to ask if this beta bios and the one posten yesterday on official asus support page are the same ones couse they have same number ?

Screenshot (173).png

MD5 Hash is the same, so its the same version 🙂

grafik.png.bdefa49071852ed0fb2198cb8ab29dea.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2022 at 6:24 AM, spit051261 said:

There is definitely a problem with 2021 boards .

Maybe it has been fixed with 2022 boards ?

Look at page 185 and beyond.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/official-intel-ddr5-oc-and-24-7-daily-memory-stability-thread.1794772/

Yep, I'm one of the lucky people having issues with my earlier build motherboard 11/21. Identical issues to buildzoid with his recent review of the apex. I've purchased three different sets of cpu and memory and all have the same exact issues on that board not able to run 6400 and or above stable. I have Teamforce Hynix 6400 cas 40 memory. I also tried G-Skill 6400 Hynix sticks as well. I'm trying to get asus to cross ship me a board or to just send me an engineering sample like they have done recently for a couple of people on that site you posted who were having issues. They're telling me they have no inventory because so many people have rma all ready. 

 

Currently running on my wifi d4 right now again as I've exhausted trying everything with the apex to no avail. I looked over the motherboard and everything looked fine to the eye, no dust in the socket or anything out of the norm.

 

 

CPUS FINE MAN.jpg

 

 

I think buildzoid sums it up nicely right at the mark I start his review video here. The early boards are not that great. The newer ones seem to be more consistent. He goes on to say if you bought an apex close to launch and it sucks, it's because it sucks that's what going on with that. It's not that you're doing something wrong.

 

 

Edited by thewebsiteisdown
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...