Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 APEX | APEX 14


noizemaker

Recommended Posts

Hi, i have a Vantage Problem wirh Windows 7, my e cores dont work.

Look

P+E CORES +HT 115K POINTS

P+HT 115K

P+E 90K

HWINFO say, no e cores ?

Best setup p+E ,but e dont work

IMG-20220328-WA0003.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Nik said:

Hi, i have a Vantage Problem wirh Windows 7, my e cores dont work.

Look

P+E CORES +HT 115K POINTS

P+HT 115K

P+E 90K

HWINFO say, no e cores ?

Best setup p+E ,but e dont work

IMG-20220328-WA0003.jpeg

Yes, e core is not working properly in Windows 7 & XP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, safedisk said:

Hi sir. Any reason a new beta bios have a lower version number than the last one posted?

Or is it an older beta bios but with another microcode? Scrap it, I’m blind  

And thanks for all the support, good sir. 

15 hours ago, 蔣政道 said:

G.SKILL DDR5 6400 16G*2 Air cooling try 7400/7600MHZ OK~

 

#7400 16G*2/CPU-Z:https://valid.x86.fr/2txy3a

#7600 16G*2/CPU-Z:https://valid.x86.fr/cspm9k

Such info doesn't help much for others without posting what batch the MB is from. Maybe you have posted the batch nr before but please add what you have in results posts (this for all). Thanks

90MB18I0-M0AAY0
90MB18I0-M0EAY0 (November 2021)
90MB18I0-M0UAY1 (January 2022)

 

Edited by Papusan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So far is a bit messy, I have 3 M0EAY0  (Nov and Dec 2021), with latest bios (1304) I can reach 6400 stable on 2 and 6600 on one, but slot A1 is pulling back by a lot, while B1 can easily go past 7000, also in dual channel with 2 boards I can go past 7000 (by disabling half of the channels in bios), with all channels enabled is really hard to get it stable, lot of tinkering.

Tested with many CPUs and Ram Kits

I can return 2 of the 3 and I hope Asus will accept RMA on the other, it is actually a pity for a board that is supposed to be among the best of the best for OC

Will try now with the 1403

Edited by Max-Hardware_Numb3rs
spelling
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does the latest bios help with Ram stability. I have 6000mgz gskill CL36 memory and best that is stable is XMP 1 with memory tweak 2 and set to 5800mhz. stock xmp fails in aida test after some 5 minutes and whole system is not long term stable. at 5800 it is all fine, but this is board that should oveclock not behave like some basic one for 250 eurs. At least if nothing else....I have the best cpu VRM.

EDIT: Nope at 6000 it still fails within minutes, 5800 is rock solid. I have a 2021 version of this board and I guess I will have to live with this, thankfully I build this machine for normal everday and gaming usage so difference wont be spotted, but for next time i purchase the board....after 12 years of always going with maximus line, I wont go anymore as this is not what i expected for 800 euros.

Edited by Ajinta1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Ajinta1 said:

Does the latest bios help with Ram stability. I have 6000mgz gskill CL36 memory and best that is stable is XMP 1 with memory tweak 2 and set to 5800mhz. stock xmp fails in aida test after some 5 minutes and whole system is not long term stable. at 5800 it is all fine, but this is board that should oveclock not behave like some basic one for 250 eurs. At least if nothing else....I have the best cpu VRM.

EDIT: Nope at 6000 it still fails within minutes, 5800 is rock solid. I have a 2021 version of this board and I guess I will have to live with this, thankfully I build this machine for normal everday and gaming usage so difference wont be spotted, but for next time i purchase the board....after 12 years of always going with maximus line, I wont go anymore as this is not what i expected for 800 euros.

It means that you have a bad motherboard which does not do what they guarantee it will do, which means you can get a replacement board from Asus.

 

More info see here at igors lab review of the motherboard.

 

https://www.igorslab.de/en/1-motherboard-2-faces-asus-rog-maximus-z690-apex-review-with-teardown-ram-adaptive-core-oc/

 

He had a bad one as well as do many many people apparently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ajinta1 said:

And how exactly does this replacement works and how to apply for it. Also this is a tricky situation as I cant just send them mine and be without computer for a month hehe.

They offer advanced replacement but you have to pay up front once they go to ship it, and it could take god knows how long until they get more stock of the refurbs. I just said hell with it and sent them mine because I had a z690 gaming wifi d4 that works fine and just simply swapped everything minus the memory right back into it and booted back up to windows once I finally gave up on the apex ever working properly.

I got tired of waiting for the advanced replacement to be ready and I wasn't running the motherboard anyway as it wouldn't run properly.

You just simply call their support phone number and go through the process.

Edited by thewebsiteisdown
Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah....I had a D4 strix too before I upgraded to apex....sadlly I sold it after getting apex and before I saw it isnt stable at full xmp. So now I dont have an option to just do a swap and since I cant wait and be without a computer I would probably have to go and buy another board anyway. Since I bougt the board primarly wanting the best vrm and am not gonna do benchmarcing seriously I will live with 5800 as spending more and going trough all hassle...with possibilty of getting my existing board back is not what I want, I will give in for now, but they for sure lost a costumer next time. Also having a full costum hardlani loop is nightmare to put apart and together. In gaming and normal workflow there will be no difference, but I surely will buy aorus or evga next time.

DSC_2455.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ajinta1 said:

yeah....I had a D4 strix too before I upgraded to apex....sadlly I sold it after getting apex and before I saw it isnt stable at full xmp. So now I dont have an option to just do a swap and since I cant wait and be without a computer I would probably have to go and buy another board anyway. Since I bougt the board primarly wanting the best vrm and am not gonna do benchmarcing seriously I will live with 5800 as spending more and going trough all hassle...with possibilty of getting my existing board back is not what I want, I will give in for now, but they for sure lost a costumer next time. Also having a full costum hardlani loop is nightmare to put apart and together. In gaming and normal workflow there will be no difference, but I surely will buy aorus or evga next time.

DSC_2455.JPG

From what I've read, they can't fix your board.

 

It would be one without the quality issue.

 

Your board is defective and does not work as intended at all. You're running a damaged $750 board in limp mode

Edited by thewebsiteisdown
Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah you are right there....i will probably went out and get a cheap b660 as a placeholder and than send apex in for replacement. but I will surely get in contact with Asus.

Edited by Ajinta1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022/4/1 at AM4點55分, Papusan said:

你好,先生。 新的 beta bios 的版本號比上次發布的版本號低的任何原因?

或者它是一個較舊的 beta bios 但有另一個微碼? 廢了,我瞎了  

感謝所有的支持,好先生。 

如果不發布 MB 來自哪個批次,此類信息對其他人沒有多大幫助。也許您之前已經發布了批次 nr,但請在結果帖子中添加您擁有的內容(這適用於所有人)。謝謝

90MB18I0-M0AAY0
90MB18I0-M0EAY0(2021 年 11 月)
90MB18I0-M0UAY1(2022 年 1 月)

 

This is what I bought from an e-commerce platform in Taiwan
It's not bad to use~ Today I ran an air-cooled 8000 frequency 16G*2

CPUZ:https://valid.x86.fr/55mw9s

HWBOT:https://hwbot.org/submission/4967070_chiang_cheng_tao_memory_frequency_ddr5_sdram_4000.9_mhz?recalculate=true&fbclid=IwAR3n3PsNiUXHSc3Pv-1v-cXXdzXicfOKGam5yRYbBkyIdcihI_y7jUcFsqo

apex.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...