HWBOT Community Forums

ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4

Guest Digg_de
7 hours ago, safedisk said:

- 590 ACPI Files (credits go out to OGS)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixh046p92cc8pwf/winxp_acpi.zip?dl=0

Copy this file to the path below

Windows => System32 => Drivers

Oh, to the Drivers Folder. Thanks. :) I have copied to system32 Folder.

I have tested the Gear 1 a little bit more but its hard. Maybe the IMC is not the best?
1.05v SA, 1.55v VDDQ for the 3900MHz

Super_PI_32M_312.301.jpg

Edited by Digg_de

On 12/12/2021 at 7:47 AM, safedisk said:

- 590 ACPI Files (credits go out to OGS)

Do you guys remember how to fix the "7B" BSOD upon booting XP ?
I'm using the same OS that worked with Z590 OCF so maybe that's the problem ?
On that board you used Asmedia Sata, diabled normal sata ports and select XP/Legacy compatibility
I put the acpi drivers in the correct place and tried booting from the Asmedia (Far left) sata ports as well as the standard ones
I guess I need to find an Image that's modded for Asus boards already or use cabpack and NLite to make one myself ?

7B_XP_BootCode.jpg

4 hours ago, GtiJason said:

On that board you used Asmedia Sata, diabled normal sata ports and select XP/Legacy compatibility
I put the acpi drivers in the correct place and tried booting from the Asmedia (Far left) sata ports as well as the standard ones
I guess I need to find an Image that's modded for Asus boards already or use cabpack and NLite to make one myself ?

7B_XP_BootCode.jpg

I used this windows xp image and use SATA6G_E1,E2 port

dont forget

Edited by safedisk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GtiJason said:

7B_XP_BootCode.jpg

7b is ACPI problem 
0x005 i ahci problems

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2021 at 7:31 AM, safedisk said:

dont forget

This made life much easier, the ISO, Acronis TIBx and Macrium Reflect are all good starting points
I've got XP working on my Strix-A D4, added all the drivers I could so USB works and so does my PCI USB Adapter card
Here are some screenshots of the OS, I left mostly untouched because some of this stuff I'm not even sure what it is and I wanted to keep this OS as a base for making backup images for a Super Pi prepped and a 3dM01 prepped XP. So the file is large for an XP .GHO since I'm not a fan of heavy compression.
I believe this is based off of the Macrium Reflect backup and had a little surprise for me after letting it sit for a few minutes ?
The link to my file won't last long so hopefully someone  (Maybe @Leeghoofd ) could host it for longer term use

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yp0B5YtJUhZyifuBhC3r1p7zEX8w7YSt/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: 3rd pic is from Windows 7 but I'm leaving it anyways as it has to do with the Z690 Strix-A D4 board

snaphsot0001.thumb.png.90eb83bf92ac4485cf1913d49d6293e6.png
snaphsot0011.thumb.png.38828faf49695ed775726ad660e88d55.png
4133HWBot.thumb.png.f9dedcda5b1aa481ae9700558cc3ae5d.png

Edited by GtiJason
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Digg_de
On 12/14/2021 at 2:31 PM, safedisk said:

dont forget

Do you added the USB Driver for the USB Card in this Macrium Image? Thats what i have to do i guess. Installing and booting XP no problem, but no USB yet. I thought i can complete the Install on a other System except Z490/Z590 but it will not work this way. xD

7 hours ago, Digg_de said:

Do you added the USB Driver for the USB Card in this Macrium Image? Thats what i have to do i guess. Installing and booting XP no problem, but no USB yet. I thought i can complete the Install on a other System except Z490/Z590 but it will not work this way. xD

Yes, but first I ran a batch file to disable digital signature and restarted the PC to be safe. I then added every driver that I downloaded in the past year or so from Win-Raid and other forums to SDI_R2102 (Snappy Driver Installer) driver folder and then let the program find what was compatible with the hardware and OS. 
The linked .GHO file is ready to run on the Strix-A D4 board, using the SATE_E1/2 ports ( make sure they are enabled in OS bottom of Advanced Tab, Onboard Devices scroll to bottom ASM10xxx) at least for the first boot. All or at least most of the native USB ports on the rear IO work

22 hours ago, GtiJason said:

I totally missed this, I looked but missed in that wall of bios version, thanks. Now to test........

Really was not expecting much, but best bios for me so far on DR b die.

Much lower sa and vddq needed for my setting. previous bios version I needed sa 1.4 to 1.45 and vddq 1.5v

NO CPU oc @ defaults

Strix A d4 812

4133c15-15-15-35

sa 1.35
vddq 1.35
dram 1.55
mem kit gskill ripjaw 4000c14-15-15 2x16

Edit added Aida64 4133c15

4266c15 aida screen for fun not stable

4133c15 812.png

4133c15 812 y crunch stock cpu.png

4133c15 812.png

4266c15.png

Edited by bscool
  • Like 4

Guest Digg_de
On 12/16/2021 at 12:58 AM, GtiJason said:

Yes, but first I ran a batch file to disable digital signature and restarted the PC to be safe. I then added every driver that I downloaded in the past year or so from Win-Raid and other forums to SDI_R2102 (Snappy Driver Installer) driver folder and then let the program find what was compatible with the hardware and OS. 
The linked .GHO file is ready to run on the Strix-A D4 board, using the SATE_E1/2 ports ( make sure they are enabled in OS bottom of Advanced Tab, Onboard Devices scroll to bottom ASM10xxx) at least for the first boot. All or at least most of the native USB ports on the rear IO work

Nice, but in the past i have recover .gho Images with "mini windows xp" and that way dont work anymore. Have to figure out how to recover it. ;)

20 hours ago, Digg_de said:

Nice, but in the past i have recover .gho Images with "mini windows xp" and that way dont work anymore. Have to figure out how to recover it. ;)

No do it with your daily rig, it's SO easy !
Tools needed:
-A separate PC with a USB 2.0/3.0 port, and enough storage to save all your images.
-USB2.0/3.0 to sata 2.5" adapter cable.

The process to flash a ghost image to an ssd :
1 - Connect any ssd to the USB to sata cable, plug cable into storage pc
2 - Open ghost select local -> disk -> *from image*
3 - follow onscreen instructions
4 - Once ghost finishes you now have a fresh OS all prepped ready to bench.

Restore_Ghost OS.txt Ghost32.zip

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Digg_de said:

Yeah I used to do it with Hirens too.
It went something like  G . O . E . R .  ( Ghost / Open / Enter or Erase / Restore ) from the Hiren's boot menu
It ends up being like this

Miller_2.jpg.ec643676bf09c4e2305d96a4dbac6c5d.jpg

Pics showing steps.zip

Edited by GtiJason

Been testing DR B-Die to see what kind of improvement they have over SR for 32m and so far they are actually worse. They still have the normal DR benefits but that doesn't really matter when I can't boot 1T or lower than 14 CAS Latency with this kit at 4133MHz. On Z590 c12 1T was easy, but highly IMC limited to around 3960 for my 11900Kf. I did this run ( my best run ) at 1.6v DRAM 1.35v SA and 1.35v DDQ TX both with and without maxmem. I tried posting 1T or CL12/13 with DRAM voltage up to 1.9v but did not go over 1.5v on supporting volts ie SA and VDDQ

I also had issues trying to get bclk working both from the bios and in W7. Setting manual or XMP in bios so I had access to bclk adjustments made me stuck at 3200MHz core. I tried setting boot with Max Turbo Clocks, Max non turbo, auto, EIST on/off, speedstep on/off, c-states auto, off, max c8 etc. In the OS I had ASUS COM service enabled and tried with Intel ICCS enabled and disabled. I was able to adjust core/uncore if AI Tuner was set to auto but TurboVCore always showed bclk to be 100.25 and touching it was insta freeze

746577063_5m13_280s40_0ns.thumb.png.a307f599be40f68481e942ae8d0a30c1.png

snaphsot0048.thumb.png.cb734a26c3593e63710f943485bc1363.png

Edited by GtiJason
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1