HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Z690 Tachyon

3 hours ago, skullbringer said:

not yet, ux more consistent, apex higher clocks.

maybe when the tachyon gets a bios that can train 6800 on my board with tight rtl's we can talk LUL

it`t not the Board or Bios, it`s your CPU or wrong settings.

Try my profile ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sergmann said:

I think you don’t know, but all Tachyon are tested for 7k XMP. If they can’t do it, it goes back.

If you think my board is prebinned, I must disappoint you, it’s same board that everyone else has ?

k cool, then I only need to get my hands on one of those to prove my board is RMA worthy... oh wait they don't exist.

I know it's not my CPU because I have tried 4 different i9 chips, the best of which boots 7650 dual-channel into Windows on the 2022 Apex and reliably posts 6933 on the UX. Meanwhile on the Tachyon with F6d I need 20-30 training attempts to post 6933 once. (2T in all cases)

I'm also fairly sure it's not my settings. I've tried BIOS X3c, X3i, F6d and your profiles. I've found the sweetspot for VDD2 and CPU VDDQ for every CPU individually and again, the best I can reliably train in 2T is 6800, but only on the F6d bios which sadly does not have RTL tuning support.

So honestly, do you think I am that incompetent, or do you think my board is faulty and I should try to RMA?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skullbringer said:

k cool, then I only need to get my hands on one of those to prove my board is RMA worthy... oh wait they don't exist.

I know it's not my CPU because I have tried 4 different i9 chips, the best of which boots 7650 dual-channel into Windows on the 2022 Apex and reliably posts 6933 on the UX. Meanwhile on the Tachyon with F6d I need 20-30 training attempts to post 6933 once. (2T in all cases)

I'm also fairly sure it's not my settings. I've tried BIOS X3c, X3i, F6d and your profiles. I've found the sweetspot for VDD2 and CPU VDDQ for every CPU individually and again, the best I can reliably train in 2T is 6800, but only on the F6d bios which sadly does not have RTL tuning support.

So honestly, do you think I am that incompetent, or do you think my board is faulty and I should try to RMA?

I think this whole gen is faulty and we should throw all our hardware to trash. Stop benching and close HWbot

• Haha 1

• Crew

Calm down guys, we don't need another Apex flashback. For what it is worth most vendors have similar ongoing stuff, though not all truth is revealed... The most used board ofc got directly exposed.

If you think your board is faulty, try to RMA it, though I'm not sure how GB RMA would approach this...

• Like 1

Pretending problems don't exist, doesn't help, I just want to get to the bottom of what I have been chasing for 6 months. 

To be clear, I would be very happy if my incompetence would explain everything. Other then that I can only test my half a dozen CPUs, half a dozen hynix memory kits, half a dozen bios versions and when I still come to the same conclusion, consider the board to be at fault.

I would think that a lively discussion to get to the bottom of things is not something that would require the attention of mods, or am I not allowed to call myself potentially incompetent? LUL

5 minutes ago, skullbringer said:

Pretending problems don't exist, doesn't help, I just want to get to the bottom of what I have been chasing for 6 months. 

To be clear, I would be very happy if my incompetence would explain everything. Other then that I can only test my half a dozen CPUs, half a dozen hynix memory kits, half a dozen bios versions and when I still come to the same conclusion, consider the board to be at fault.

I would think that a lively discussion to get to the bottom of things is not something that would require the attention of mods, or am I not allowed to call myself potentially incompetent? LUL

17 Bios tested, 7 ddr5 kit tested, 4 cpu tested, cold and ambiant cooling on cpu.

The board seem to be better day after day, but no one with it have achieve a 7000 on it. 

And also i personnaly killed 1 gskill kit on it (6000C36) and a teammate killed a 6400C32 kit on it.
(maybe gskill problem) 

From what i know, this board run and train great 6600 for all user on X3 bios, some user can do 6800 with retail bios(doesnt work for everyone) and i'm the only that can do 6800 on X3 bios .

RMA is not the solution, we just need binned board at higher freq like 7600 and not 7000 with a binned ES 10L kit.

But it's not a problem with Tachyon, It's a generally problem with all the XOC Z690 board on the market.
Like for 12900K and 12900KS we need "KS" XOC board prebinned at higher frequency.

• Crew

Correct analysis by Vertex

@skullbringer You already know where the problem lies, you want a fellow OCer to confirm "from a distance" it is your board? Would that make your board perform better?

Only way to get it done is either to  RMA it, sell it and/or buy a new one...  Continuing to run around in circles or starting a lively discussion doesn't get you anywhere.

Even if these are labelled designed for OC there are so many variables that can make each retail product different from one another. For what it is worth, this is not a DDR5 thing only, it happens with every generation. Though due to the high frequency demand it stands out quicker...

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Correct analysis by Vertex

@skullbringer You already know where the problem lies, you want a fellow OCer to confirm "from a distance" it is your board? Would that make your board perform better?

Only way to get it done is either to  RMA it, sell it and/or buy a new one...  Continuing to run around in circles or starting a lively discussion doesn't get you anywhere.

Even if these are labelled designed for OC there are so many variables that can make each retail product different from one another. For what it is worth, this is not a DDR5 thing only, it happens with every generation. Though due to the high frequency demand it stands out quicker...

k guess forums are not meant for discussions anymore then.

besides, before today I always got the statement: your cpu is shit or your settings are wrong. never once was I told my board could be faulty. now you say it's obvious my board is faulty. 

thank you mr moderator for translating.

So, i've tested both bios...

X3I with Sergmann profile -> no boot

X3I with my 6800C30 profile(OK on 12900K) -> no boot

F6d with only primary set at 30 40 40 28 and trefi to 65535 -> boot 6800 / 6933 / 7000 

Max benchable on X3I 6956C30
Max benchable on F6d 7070C30 (can't pass 7140C30, got memory management)

Also if i tight timings on F6d it no more boot. 

4 hours ago, gkmltd said:

Hey Serg

Can u upload the last K bios?

Tnx

k-Bios is in the first post ;)

Not sure how much it will helps, but I don`t have any problems to boot with different Kits 6800. More are with my 24/7 timings and my 12900k not possible :(.

12600k and 12900KS are better on IMC.

Edited by sergmann
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sergmann said:

k-Bios is in the first post ;)

Not sure how much it will helps, but I don`t have any problems to boot with different Kits 6800. More are with my 24/7 timings and my 12900k not possible :(.

12600k and 12900KS are better on IMC.

no changelog ?

I will test it with my g7400, i can't go over 140bclk, 0F error

28 minutes ago, Vertex_FR said:

mem set for 6000C30, but it doesnt train at all, got 0F directly and it need clear cmos to boot again.

retry button or direct to bios doesnt work, cmos on board too.

need to unplug psu and press cmos on IO

which ucode do you have selected 0x9?