HWBOT Community Forums

Intel 12th gen non-K OC capable boards / bios versions

On 5/11/2022 at 6:38 PM, MrPils said:

CO is fine, as far as Im aware though the bios I modded and posted earlier in this thread is the only one available.

In terms of limitations, comparing to the Apex the Unify ITX isnt as good with per core overclocking, im around 100mhz lower than I was on the Apex. I suspect this is the Apex being good rather than the Unify ITX being "bad".

Memory OC is ridiculously easy. My rev 1.1 board struggles with 1T but 2T is ridiculously easy. I can't get 7k stable, but with locked vccsa that's not a surprise. 6950mhz at stock cpu is stable, 6900mhz at full cpu oc.

My current stable 6900 daily (ignore tertiaries, screenshot was during tuning) and my 6950mhz 3dmark settings are attached - apologies for the resolution you'll have to open them in a new tab and zoom.

6900_testing.jpg

12400f_bclk.jpg

124 isn't working on i unify with 12700, option still greyed

Is there a chance of getting actual bios supporting it now? 

I used Direct link to the patched 124 bios for bclk unlock on C0 stepping cpus only: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17COf-uosnqr57Fzd9g6Zc7R3ve9_4X9G/view?usp=sharing

Edited by kissili

Hey I’m new to this forum, and I was hoping someone could help me.?

I have a Z690i Unify and downloaded the 124(H) stepping bios but can’t figure out how to enable it in the bios menu. My microcode selections are AUTO/NORMAL/AVX-TRIAL.

Can someone please help me figure this out?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey guys. I just got the MSI B660M Mortar Max Wifi from Newegg for $200, was super pumped and got everything setup.. 
Fired my PC up and the Nonk OC feature isn't working lmfao. My bios version is .100 and the YouTube videos I have seen everyone is using .105 Can someone post this please? I've been looking everywhere for it with no luck. I would love you forever lol.

Thanks guys!!

can someone (confident in bios flashing) with a b660m mortar max please test if this bios version allows bclk higher than 103:

"This BIOS is not officially provided. MicroCode has not added the 13th generation Non-K model, and can only support the 13th generation K model CPU"

https://mega.nz/file/ArAzgC6T#rLzDFizl0frQIA_LbSTtzdrL6fJTORbYAK5lRmemwTs

source:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/89620/msi-b660m-mortar-max-mobo-intel-core-i5-13600k-pushed-to-huge-5-8ghz/index.html

Edited by mirco69

This is probably the best place for my question. I want to order ASRock PG Riptide B660 mobo from AliExpress, it comes from China with free shipping for $160. I have an i5 12500, my current B660 mobo BIOS shows microcode revision 23. Will this effect my ability to BCLK OC it?

On 7/17/2022 at 3:50 PM, Talon2013 said:

I got my Asrock B660 Riptide a few days ago in the US. Purchased on AliExpress. Non-K BCLK overclock works great. 

I'm thinking about ordering this too. Do you know what BIOS versions support it and if microcode matters? I have an i5 12500, H0 6 core die.

2 hours ago, TASOS said:

Obviously I looked there first, BIOS versions/info doesn't state if certain versions do or don't support non-k BCLK OC. I had heard that some newer Intel microcode versions do not support it, you have to use earlier versions to non-k BCLK OC. I was hoping someone that actually owns the board could chime in.

15 hours ago, y_zass said:

Obviously I looked there first, BIOS versions/info doesn't state if certain versions do or don't support non-k BCLK OC. I had heard that some newer Intel microcode versions do not support it, you have to use earlier versions to non-k BCLK OC. I was hoping someone that actually owns the board could chime in.

I'm with bios 5.01 that states it supports 13th gen intel CPUs and non-K oc is working fine. Benching i3 12100f at 5.4Ghz. There's a really recent 6.02 bios that haven't tried yet.

9 hours ago, Pavlinius said:

I'm with bios 5.01 that states it supports 13th gen intel CPUs and non-K oc is working fine. Benching i3 12100f at 5.4Ghz. There's a really recent 6.02 bios that haven't tried yet.

Thank you! This is good to know. I am leaning more towards MSI Mortar Max now though, it's starting to set in that I won't have any warranty and I think it would be the safer choice. $50 more though...

BIOS 3.01 allso works with non-k OC and allso can do AVX-512 with CPU that supports it and some effort :)

As for warranty i personally don't really care as that's voided as soon as you're starting to scratch up the soldermask to throw more caps that the problem :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 5:05 PM, y_zass said:

Every official released BIOS version from ASRock I've tested has non-k bclk overclocking capability above 103MHz.

But IMHO this mobo is buggy, several options in BIOS does not work properly (like AVX offset, saved profiles)...

For me the major problem is: if you disconnect the psu cable (or had a power outage) you "lose" your BIOS settings, having to press F2 to enter the BIOS and save settings every time the the psu is powered off?

12 hours ago, bgeneto said:

Every official released BIOS version from ASRock I've tested has non-k bclk overclocking capability above 103MHz.

But IMHO this mobo is buggy, several options in BIOS does not work properly (like AVX offset, saved profiles)...

For me the major problem is: if you disconnect the psu cable (or had a power outage) you "lose" your BIOS settings, having to press F2 to enter the BIOS and save settings every time the the psu is powered off?

The settings are saved. This is the reason to have then prepopulated in the bios. From time to time my board also fails to boot properly and asks to enter the bios but I guess this is normal for this kind of hack (blck oc hack) and I just enter bios and hit save and everything is ok. So I wouldn’t says the board is buggy but maybe I’m wrong. 
To Asrock riptide owners do you have a working Sleep in Windows? I don’t have Sleep in power menu at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

May be my post will be helpful.

Yesterday got ordered MSI MAG B660 MORTAR MAX WIFI DDR4 from USA (B&H store). The i5 12400F bought locally in Azerbaijan. Motherboard was delivered with AMI BIOS 7D97v11, and updated to AMI BIOS 7D97v13. PC just assembled (with Deepcool AIO), no OS installed yet, only BIOS enters completed to date. Will continue today evening.

The overclock option for non-K CPU is available in BIOS, the value for BLCK can be changed, tried to change to 120 MHz with success but not applied. Will check overclocking after OS installation and preliminary checks.  And of course will provide information here later . . .

• Like 1