HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z690 Extreme (DDR4) some issues... but would then be ok for OC

Got this MB to play with as i am not yet on DDR5.  Using the original Bios I could not get any of my Ram's working on anything but JEDEC and barely that. So upgraded to the new Bios.. Atleast the board starts. I managed to use some of XMP profiles on my ram. never above 4000 Mhz. Meanwhile I can run at 3800 with better timings on 1T. However two issues on the board remain.

1. It is not possible to get it to accept anything than BCLK 100 and then it sets 99.6 or something usually.. No way to set with a 12600k on anything else. or rather i can set it and if i reboot to bios it will show the same setting but.... the board simply dont start with it.

2. The Ram voltage can be set but  god forbid i try anything above 1.65V... it will simply reset to 1.65V which without i cant push the ram at all.

I have played around with all settings and for those issues i can simply not find a remedy.. Anyone in the asrock team have solution or can fix bios :-)

• 4 months later...
On 2/7/2022 at 11:14 PM, Matsglobetrotter said:

Got this MB to play with as i am not yet on DDR5.  Using the original Bios I could not get any of my Ram's working on anything but JEDEC and barely that. So upgraded to the new Bios.. Atleast the board starts. I managed to use some of XMP profiles on my ram. never above 4000 Mhz. Meanwhile I can run at 3800 with better timings on 1T. However two issues on the board remain.

1. It is not possible to get it to accept anything than BCLK 100 and then it sets 99.6 or something usually.. No way to set with a 12600k on anything else. or rather i can set it and if i reboot to bios it will show the same setting but.... the board simply dont start with it.

2. The Ram voltage can be set but  god forbid i try anything above 1.65V... it will simply reset to 1.65V which without i cant push the ram at all.

I have played around with all settings and for those issues i can simply not find a remedy.. Anyone in the asrock team have solution or can fix bios ?

Use this bios 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ItMqIVdLQJk_ob3Fgbj6n1gq-w-Hitz/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1