HWBOT Community Forums

The official Challenger 2022 Div II Round 1 thread.

areng.ValueOC

• Crew

See Topic title thread: The official Challenger 2022 Div II ROUND 1

Round 1 is 2D only

Round 2 is 3D only

Round 3 is mixed 2D/3D

There is indeed no overal winner of the Challenger series .The division number seperates specific hardware, this year it is based on manufacturer & Memory, previous years it was core based. The Rounds as you see seperates the benchmark types.

Regarding hardware usage, this is a standard HWBot rule, if hardware is released after the competition has started, it will not be allowed to be used. It also needs to be available in the shops, not just a paper launch.

It is only a phrasing issue. Entire challenge is called competition and individual ROUNDS are called competition, but not always, i/e: "Challenger 2022 Div II Round 1 is closed" (implying it's 1st found of a competition) and at the same time: "This competition is closed" (stating it's a competition). It'd be good to have that clarified, cause, when I see Round 1 is closed, that implies it's round 1 of a competition, while the fact is that each round IS a competition by itself, and THAT is what you mean by:"not allowed since didn't exist before competition started". Even in your reply you refer to it as "The official Challenger 2022 Div II ROUND 1". I DO get it how it works, but surely you can understand why it seems contradicting when someoine says: competition. IMO if something is a rule, it needs to be more clear.

12 minutes ago, millosh_r said:

It is only a phrasing issue. Entire challenge is called competition and individual ROUNDS are called competition, but not always, i/e: "Challenger 2022 Div II Round 1 is closed" (implying it's 1st found of a competition) and at the same time: "This competition is closed" (stating it's a competition). It'd be good to have that clarified, cause, when I see Round 1 is closed, that implies it's round 1 of a competition, while the fact is that each round IS a competition by itself, and THAT is what you mean by:"not allowed since didn't exist before competition started". Even in your reply you refer to it as "The official Challenger 2022 Div II ROUND 1". I DO get it how it works, but surely you can understand why it seems contradicting when someoine says: competition. IMO if something is a rule, it needs to be more clear.

Semantics.

Seems pretty clear to me.

• Crew

So if I stated regarding the 5800X3D, you can't use it in Round 1 of the Challengers Division II competition as this one already started it would be more clear?

Anyway I'm not a native speaker but over the years none made any remarks on this apparently confusing wording....