HWBOT Community Forums

Intel Open Overclocking Championship 2022

Leeghoofd

• Crew
19 minutes ago, E-mil said:

Then only windows 10/11 submissions are possible. No Win7.

let me requote:  The goal is to bench more in stead off getting an OS to work. So use Win10/11. 

Windows 7 is in the list as it could be able to give a few more mhz clocks in the CPU-Z frequency stage.

i would like to know if i could use a diy chiller setup(its my daily). 2 radiators and a condenser in an ice box with glycol. but i run my chiller at ambient(i can set it at any temp). and i don't need to run the chiller cause there is abt 30 liters of glycol, so i can run my PC for some time without the chiller on. 

• Crew
6 minutes ago, boogeymanjw said:

i would like to know if i could use a diy chiller setup(its my daily). 2 radiators and a condenser in an ice box with glycol. but i run my chiller at ambient(i can set it at any temp). and i don't need to run the chiller cause there is abt 30 liters of glycol, so i can run my PC for some time without the chiller on. 

no chillers, ice box or whatever, either a plain DIY waterloop, AIO or air cooler....

@leeghoofd

Hi, I ran up this score last night https://hwbot.org/submission/5039521_ and submitted it to the Intel Open competition / SuperPI, Now this morning my submission to the competition has disappeared and someone else with exactly the same timing has taken my rank - 1st in rank. And I am now 2nd with an older score submitted 2 days ago... Would it be too much to ask from you to have a look into what happened? Why is my submission from last night gone? Thanks

Edited by marcvezina

4 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

you surpassed the 5505Mhz limit, I pulled it from the compo

Sorry about that. I set BCLK to 100.1 and saw CPUZ 5005.00 - tought I was fine -  did the run and saw CPUZ at 5004.01. Saw the score in BenchMate. Never occured to me to re-check the MHz in BenchMate results. Was sure had I capped freq. at 55005MHz. Sorry again!

On 7/14/2022 at 7:51 PM, marcvezina said:

Sorry about that. I set BCLK to 100.1 and saw CPUZ 5005.00 - tought I was fine -  did the run and saw CPUZ at 5004.01. Saw the score in BenchMate. Never occured to me to re-check the MHz in BenchMate results. Was sure had I capped freq. at 55005MHz. Sorry again!

Just as a tip, you might want to push base clock a bit higher to find a good CPU/Ring/memory ratio. Higher memory frequency has a big impact on scores, and LGA1151/1200 doesn't share base clock with PCIe frequency

@Leeghoofd I guess I owe you another apology. I'm sorry to make you waste your time with someone like me who obviously seem to  have very little regards for rules. It's my second offense. Isn't it funny though - that there are so many rules In a discipline that's all about breaking the rules. And thanks for keeping me in - even after 2 strikes.
Cheers

Edited by marcvezina

• Crew
  • Stage 3: Geekbench 5 Single Core - Max 5500MHz                                    24th of July till 15th August

• Maximus CPU Core/cache speed of 5500MHz
  • A verification screenshot is required, using the official wallpaper, GB5 score, CPU-Z tabs for CPU and memory and HWinfo.
  • A VALID GeekBench 5 link is required
  • A CPU-Z 2.01 verification link is required registered on your HWBOT username
  • Disabling cores/hyperthreading is NOT allowed. 
  • Include pictures of your overclocked setup in the submission
  • Prepare Video proof of your cooling setup and benchmarking
  • Stage3 Doc attached in post

HWINFO must show the following information

hwinfo10.jpg

STAGE3.docx