HWBOT Community Forums

Port Royal confusion 30 and 40 series…

SilentMechanic01

Hey everyone been a long time creeper to the site but just decided to join… I’m having some weird results in PR that I can’t explain and I was wondering WTH is going on ?. First I can’t touch the scores for 3090 2x running identical or better frequency and we are talking 2k points off with two KP cards. I’ve verified all my settings 3 times and even revisited my cpu stuff which shouldn’t matter as everyone knows. Second I’m having the same issue with a 4090 on a completely different platform (ecc on or off) I had no issues with 20 series cards. ( as high as 24th with a chiller )  what’s going on with the UL leader boards?

5 hours ago, SilentMechanic01 said:

Hey everyone been a long time creeper to the site but just decided to join… I’m having some weird results in PR that I can’t explain and I was wondering WTH is going on ?. First I can’t touch the scores for 3090 2x running identical or better frequency and we are talking 2k points off with two KP cards. I’ve verified all my settings 3 times and even revisited my cpu stuff which shouldn’t matter as everyone knows. Second I’m having the same issue with a 4090 on a completely different platform (ecc on or off) I had no issues with 20 series cards. ( as high as 24th with a chiller )  what’s going on with the UL leader boards?

You probably do not have resizable bar enabled or fully enabled. Speculations of course....

And I also do not think ECC enabled is a requirement for 30 series cards. So turn that off. Unless this rule has been changed.

Also your cards are really warm....

Edited by Johnksss
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SilentMechanic01 said:

How do you know how warm they are?

If you click on your 3dmark link it will show you the temps as well as the clock speeds.

It will also show you inside the program as well by clicking the 3 little dots next to System Information. Or by looking at the monitor graph, but these options only work if you bought the software.

2 minutes ago, SilentMechanic01 said:

Go back to school. You clearly didn’t read the first post fully. Does anyone have any useful information?

Clearly you are the one that cant read. So maybe take your own advice internet tough guy.

Edit:

Mods, can we get a thread closure?

Edited by Johnksss

You probably do not have resizable bar enabled or fully enabled. Speculations of course....

And I also do not think ECC enabled is a requirement for 30 series cards. So turn that off. Unless this rule has been changed.

Also your cards are really warm....

Edited 11 hours ago by Johnksss

2nd post

3 minutes ago, SilentMechanic01 said:

Yes sir I went through nvidia inspector and the three were not listed in the current driver I have installed ?

Not sure how much it will add, but this also goes for your 4090, but you need to have ECC enabled for hwbot, but not for UL 3dmark website hall of fame. As of yet I believe.

And also remember...Certain driver changes or reset you will need to re enable that tweak.

If you can manage 27k and up then you are doing well with ECC enabled. 29k and up requires cards running 3200 to 3300+ on core

Edited by Johnksss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...