HWBOT Community Forums

The official I am OC Genie Challenge thread.

Christian Ney

OMG 2 result the same , how to overclock i7 860 up to 4Ghz ?

Used mod or cheat ? i don`t understand

Nothing of that, just depending of boot.

i thinks same as you after my first test ( around 3.8 )

But after 4 or 5 run and movie i see 4022.

After one other ( just missing cmos before ) i see 18*224.8.

For CPU-Z Memory and SPD, i try to make another great run tomorow.

Edited by LapinouX

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Massman: thanks for your help.

@LapinouX: nice work at all, but (strictly regarding the rules) video lenght is out of the acceptable period.

@yamahar1: your Stage2 submission is made with completely different CPU than the submission for Stage1. i7-860 vs. i5-680... According to the rules both of them cannot be valid.

@LeGaL^CriMeR: stop crying around, it's a little bit boring. First fix your Stage2 video according to the screenshot. You didn't get that session at the same time the screenshot made (different allocated memory sizes on video and screenshot). If all your submissions are flawed to the end, then you can continue searching other people's submissions for errors.

Nothing of that, just depending of boot.

i thinks same as you after my first test ( around 3.8 )

But after 4 or 5 run and movie i see 4022.

After one other ( just missing cmos before ) i see 18*224.8.

For CPU-Z Memory and SPD, i try to make another great run tomorow.

why dont you showell bus 133 first booting?

@Massman: thanks for your help.

@LapinouX: nice work at all, but (strictly regarding the rules) video lenght is out of the acceptable period.

@yamahar1: your Stage2 submission is made with completely different CPU than the submission for Stage1. i7-860 vs. i5-680... According to the rules both of them cannot be valid.

@LeGaL^CriMeR: stop crying around, it's a little bit boring. First fix your Stage2 video according to the screenshot. You didn't get that session at the same time the screenshot made (different allocated memory sizes on video and screenshot). If all your submissions are flawed to the end, then you can continue searching other people's submissions for errors.

yamahar1 use 2 cpu ,no problem (massman is valid)

Then what about the criteria written in Stage2 rules: "- Frequency must be the same as the one used to submit the CPU-Z score." It's just not the same.

i allready told that people are to smart for me ;-)

and i allready told that i could not read the rulles

so i removed my two entrys

i'm waiting to see the final result as for me the only one correct runing for now is 04ahgy

and the system must be shut down before turning on ocgenie

who does this and have 40%+ overclock i pay a dinner next christmas :-)

just cpuz and sp32 for 2 stage,

That is not the One used to submit CPU-Z score, because it is not a CPU-Z score. It is a SuperPi score, for which CPU-Z window is obligatory.

So in my interpretation, CPU-Z have to be on the screenshot according to the general SP32M rules, and this competition have EXTRA rules, due to the Stage1 and Stage2 submissions HAVE TO be linked, by the exactly same CPU frequency (in the normal few MHz oscillation interval, of course). The fact, same CPU frequency was used is proven by CPU-Z showing same MHz on the Stage1 and Stage2 submissions.

@darkage: thanks.

That is not the One used to submit CPU-Z score, because it is not a CPU-Z score. It is a SuperPi score, for which CPU-Z window is obligatory.

So in my interpretation, CPU-Z have to be on the screenshot according to the general SP32M rules, and this competition have EXTRA rules, due to the Stage1 and Stage2 submissions HAVE TO be linked, by the exactly same CPU frequency (in the normal few MHz oscillation interval, of course). The fact, same CPU frequency was used is proven by CPU-Z showing same MHz on the Stage1 and Stage2 submissions.

@darkage: thanks.

Then the both submissions must have the same processor?

I think, also the processors, but the rule says just frequency... But it is quite different to achieve same freq vith two different CPUs by just OCGenie.

HGyu

yeah .... is only to question about the yamahar's submissions... both are legal.. but not the same CPU... just to clear that!

I think, also the processors, but the rule says just frequency... But it is quite different to achieve same freq vith two different CPUs by just OCGenie.

HGyu

You can make ... 4 submissions.

2x with 870, 2x with 680. In both cases, 32M must be with the same frequency as CPU-Z.

You can make ... 4 submissions.

2x with 870, 2x with 680. In both cases, 32M must be with the same frequency as CPU-Z.

Ahaaa, I see clearly, but what's the point if one do not submit for stage1. Then her/his freq cannot equal to anything.

I do not want to induce persistent argument about this but still in my interpretation Stage2 submission cannot be valid without equal frequency Stage1 submission, but in the replaced case it can be valid. Eg. one member have valid CPU-Z but unsuccessful SP32M. So the member can submit Stage1 result, because it does not have to be equal to anything. But stage2 result cannot be equal to anything, if stage1 submission is not present.

HGyu

A SuperPI-32M submission is only valid if there is a CPU-Z submission too.

So, you can use 680 for CPU-Z, but if you want to use 870 for 32M, you also need to submit 870 CPU-Z.

Yes. This exactly is, that I thought, and your answer is that I expected to see. Thank you.

HGyu

Looking for mods almost all night and nothing, OC GENIE outcome is not affected by what will be the start of the CPU (cold or additional) read 12 reviews for OC GENIE, and everywhere regardless of CPU overclocking is about 30% -37.4% .

These two results which have been uploaded, with over 45% overclock is just to limit the potential of BCLK (+) button. I hope as MASSMAN and MSI to review everything carefully.

Even if they try to make such a% overclock with this motherboard.

Edited by LeGaL^CriMeR

Look my new post an new video you see all of process without touch button.

Maximum see : 4.41Ghz (210*21) but no windows boot with this frequency.

After i obtain different CPU frequency with different memory stick.

( HyperX, HyperX Genesis, HyperX T1, Ripjaws and RipjawsX).

No no no, the fallacy of using OC genes, which shows you the wrong result 197x21 = 4137

Your actual score is 197x18 = 3536.

So come Dock in Windows pressing the + button several times current show, the frequency of the first screen that is 197x21 = 4137. If you do not touch the + button will show in windows 197x18 = 3536.

Can not get such a result as you and other colleagues with similar.

No correlation seen the video yet!

Here they got

Look my new post an new video you see all of process without touch button.

Maximum see : 4.41Ghz (210*21) but no windows boot with this frequency.

After i obtain different CPU frequency with different memory stick.

( HyperX, HyperX Genesis, HyperX T1, Ripjaws and RipjawsX).

Do not talk nonsense, that other memory is done differently and multipler FSB,

In JEDEC all memory are identical 9-9-9-24 666mhz

Edited by LeGaL^CriMeR

OC Genies uses the XMP, and all thoses sticks are using different XPM profiles (such as 2200 C7, 2133 C9 etc). So obviously, using different memory stick could change the result, although (like you said) JEDEC profiles are all the same (1333 C9).

I cannot understand what you're saying about "+ button" so please be more specific