HWBOT Community Forums

... and we shall call it: 'The Shamino-effect'

Massman

Over the past years, Shamino has build up quite a reputation in the extreme overclocking community, so it's kind of to be expected that people anticipate great things from the products he works on. Being an extreme overclocker himself, he can also produce the right amount of exposure for those products (read: oc results).

But all the positive attention that comes with the 'hype' is gone if the product cannot follow the expectations. BlackOps and Classified were both sort of hyped within the community, but were also both simply excellent products that delivered what was promised. Not always as simple to use as many other boards, but once you got them up and running, they were very strong.

OC mind + excellent product = win!

But all the positive attention that comes with the 'hype' is gone if the product cannot follow the expectations. BlackOps and Classified were both sort of hyped within the community, but were also both simply excellent products that delivered what was promised. Not always as simple to use as many other boards, but once you got them up and running, they were very strong.

Haha that always comes into my mind when I think of "sham-boards" - tested blackops and classified, seen good results on them but never fully liked (and owned one) myself. With MIVE things seem to change - sham-boards getting easier :D

to be honest, I think that this effect is based more on hype/marketing than actually making a perfect overclocking motherboard

BlackOps - I had an ES board (from the QF programme). Works well only with a QX9650 when raw CPU freq is needed. Overclocking with other CPU models / efficency / FSB+memory clocking was rather poor, definitely not a multi-purpose board like *COUGH* ASUS X38/X48-series.

Classified - I had a few (owned one myself + tested a couple of others' boards at events), just couldn't see why everyone was bragging so much about it .. may be because I'm from Europe and eVGA service/availability is far from the best over here.

R3E Black - didn't have one. But from the feedback I heard, it's a poinless product since it couldn't do anything a cheaper R3F wasn't capable of .. except, may be, 4-way SLI which not that much people care about.

Matei said R3E BE was better at Uncore than the R3E? I trust his opinion :) R3F never really made it to market, proper so that doesn't count.

If the BE does allow better Uncore, it's a nice feature, just a shame we need to buy £100 of pointless at the same time to get it.

Matei said R3E BE was better at Uncore than the R3E? I trust his opinion :) R3F never really made it to market, proper so that doesn't count.

If the BE does allow better Uncore, it's a nice feature, just a shame we need to buy £100 of pointless at the same time to get it.

It seemed to clock uncore better for me to, but if they slacked on effec to do it then all it is is a higher number.

I haven't done a compare yet effec wise so I won't go further than to say that.