HWBOT Community Forums

comment on these...sharing hw?

Hondacity

As far as submitting different days, perhaps they were trying to avoid looking like cheaters and having threads like this happen.

Its sad, I have my gtx-275 lightning ready to bench all insulated for 01 and the e-quake contest but I feel like people are going to label me a cheater heaven forbid the card clocks similar to someone else on my team. :x

Having similar looking clocks isn't the only thing that is weird. There are more factors leading up to the (perceived) mystery. If turns all is okay, all is okay right? It's okay to ask a question once in a while, right? :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having similar looking clocks isn't the only thing that is weird. There are more factors leading up to the (perceived) mystery. If turns all is okay, all is okay right? It's okay to ask a question once in a while, right? :)

Like?

Like date, similar peripherals like dvd-rom, clock pattern, result pattern etc. For instance, running DDR3-2200CL9-9-9 is pretty weird for top-overclockers nowadays. Or always running a GTX580 at 1300 memory except one time at 1200.

Those are just small bits, but they all add up to the mystery.

Last post from me unless Massman or the other mods have questions.

Dentlord and I didn't bench "together" as it were because we are both capable enough benchers to pour one or no pots during a benchmark by ourselves. The together part was mostly high fives when a good bench result happened.

I work during the day (most days, I am self-employed), so benches were run at different times on different os's with different compnents by different people. I trickled my submissions in as they came, he chose to make his subs all at one time.

We were using Shammy's gpu bios' with the fixed memory speeds.

His card was capable of 1300mem clocks, mine was only capable of 1200. This is why his best 03 and heaven destroyed my runs.

Adversely, my 2600k was better for spi32 which is why my memory and clocks were superior.

The gtx580 01 results which appear almost identical were run early on for both of us. We hadn't flashed our cards to higher memory yet to see if they would run there. Plus everyone knows that with 01, you run high stable gpu clocks and push cpu for best results.

Don't you think that if we were sharing we would be smart enough to compare results and re-run with enough difference in clocks as not to provoke attention?

My highest 01 during these "joint" sessions was with my 275 lightning. Dentlord has not benched my card for points, only for fun.

Unfortunately things look the way they look, but really wasn’t that way at all. Joey and I were just doing our thing over the last month and never really realized how close some of the results appeared.

Comment? Sure! Team Russia was accused of some things after the Country Cup.... their Unigine results in particular. Is that not the EXACT same situation as what you've just brought up?

IF rules have been broken, I believe all people involved should be equally punished ;)

Edited by K404

Same GPU clocks down to the mhz in the same (3d) bench does look suspicious.

Massman did say that anything that might look suspicious had to be avoided at all costs during the dejo/daughter fiasco.

Here we have the second of third suspicious looking thing since then, the first was ignored completely, looks like this will be too.

Maybe the difference is that this does look suspicious.

I can't say I really care that much as the rules have been followed here with pics. The part that torques me is that dejo and his daughter were told that pics would not help their cause and it was "suggested" that they merge (or be banned, creative use of "suggestion", and yet here we have equally suspicious results, maybe even moreso really, and a pic is fine?

^ I think the difference here though is that dejo and his daughter were both using the same hardware and admitted to that. Honestly either way rev4 is coming and will shake everything up again.

Very true with Rev.4 this whole thing is a waste of time. We probably won't even need this subforum in 5 days.

Edited by [GF]Duke

Rev4 should not be a license to share.

Well, not completely gone of course. People started hate-war against the original proposal :P

How about you comment on the unigine files and act upon that. Until then I guess rom and dent will plead the 5th and everyone else will QQ. I will go grab more popcorn.

leaveocaalone.jpg

I don't see anything definitive here, suspicious maybe but nothing we have not seen before.

wow you guys got two out of three cards doing past 1400 in Unigine, damn!

I don't see anything odd about that.

We were using Shammy's gpu bios' with the fixed memory speeds.

Which BIOS is that and where did you get it? The only BIOS'es I have seen that fit that description come from someone else.

Epic Fail I guess

Dentlord unigine was made on Rom`s operating system

Your comments?

Stating the obvious: Unigine is a 3D benchmark, using someone else's platform and OS for a 3D submission in not prohibited.

Edited by Maxi

Guys, can you just stop arguing over what generally is a very old problem ?

As an objective observer (well, sort of) I find both "guilty" and "innocent" scenarios equally possible as I don't see any argument or proof which leaves absolutely no (ZERO!) chance of the contrary having happened or not happened.

As it was already discussed on this site, there are two ways to stop such threads from being created - one is to implement software SN detection (not going to happen), second is to make worse score of the two/three similar ones bring less points than it should (IS going to happen with rev4 very soon).

Edited by TaPaKaH

Which BIOS is that and where did you get it? The only BIOS'es I have seen that fit that description come from someone else.

Hey bro, I asked shammy for a bios that would lock 3d clocks so 2d wouldnt go crazy when under heavy cold. He sent me a couple of them locked at different memory clocks, 1200, 1250,1300 and 1350. Thats why there memory clocks on the cards are "the same" it cant be changed in OS after the bios.

I forwarded them to rom and dent to try out before I use it on my amazing 1627mhz card lol :x cause I knew they were getting together with a bunch of cards from newegg. :) I can pm links if youd like just lmk

i-dont-always-share-hardware-but-when-i-do-i-use-different-ram-clocks.jpg

Wait wut?

Edited by Splave